If you or a loved one was recently injured in a car accident, unintentional fall, or another type of personal injury, you could be entitled to financial recovery from the liable party.
A personal injury lawyer serving San Antonio from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you recover damages for medical treatment, lost wages, property damage, and other losses.
You deserve to have a strong legal advocate who will pursue recovery so that you can concentrate on feeling better.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our Lawyers Understand Liability and Negligence to Help You Seek Recovery
Texas law allows you to seek financial recovery when someone’s reckless or negligent behavior injures you.
However, these laws are complex, and few people feel comfortable navigating the legal process on their own.
A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you recover damages on a contingency basis. He or she will protect your rights and take care of the many details in a personal injury case, including:
- Gathering evidence of liability against the other party
- Talking to your healthcare provider about your injuries and your prognosis
- Compiling all your bills and expenses
- Seeking recovery for damages by filing a claim, or if necessary, taking legal action
Before we can take any of these steps, we invite you to call for a free case evaluation. A team member can meet with you at your home or in the hospital if that is more convenient for you. Call (713) 850-8600 today.
Types of Personal Injuries that We Handle
A personal injury occurs when another party harms you physically or emotionally. Even if the other person did not set out to cause you harm, he or she may be held accountable for your injury-related expenses.
Since 2002, the personal injury law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled clients recover damages. While our past results do not guarantee future outcomes, we are devoted to serving San Antonio with the highest professional and legal standards.
Our practice area includes the following:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there is a motor vehicle accident every 58 seconds in our state. Traffic accidents are a leading cause of personal injuries.
A personal injury lawyer serving San Antonio with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help after any kind of motor vehicle accident, including those that involve:
- Drunk driving (DWI)
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Speeding or failure to yield
- Head-on collisions
- Hit and run
- Defective tires
- Truck, 18-wheeler, and semi-truck
- Bicycle and moped
- Uber and Lyft
- Among many more
Our lawyers understand that a catastrophic injury affects your entire family. We examine the cause and circumstance of the most serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Drowning or swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites
Medical professionals have an obligation to uphold accepted standards of care. When they do not, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help recover damages for such cases as:
- Medical negligence by a provider or a facility
- Defective medical devices
- Defective medications or wrongly prescribed medications
Even if your employer has workers’ compensation, you have the right to seek legal counsel about potential benefits. This right is particularly important if you are disabled and can no longer work or if you need vocational training for a new job.
Our lawyers are here to help with:
- Industrial accidents
- Construction accidents
- Exposure to toxins
- In addition to many other losses
Sexual Assault and Violence
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped victims of sexual assault, abuse, and violence, including those involving:
- University of Southern California sexual assault case
- University of California Los Angeles sexual assault case
- Ohio State University sexual assault case
- Human trafficking
Losing a family member is even more difficult in the event of wrongful death if another person’s reckless or negligence caused their passing. A personal injury lawyer with our firm can pursue recovery for surviving family members.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC if another party’s negligence has injured you or a family member at (713) 850-8600.
Recovering Damages in a Personal Injury Case
Every case is different. In general, you may be able to recover damages for such losses as:
- Medical treatment including ambulance rides, emergency care, surgery, hospital stay, rehabilitation, and follow-up care
- Lost pay due to injury
- Diminished income potential if you cannot return to your prior job or cannot work at all due to injury
- Property damage
- Other related expenses, such as temporary transportation if your vehicle is undrivable
- Disability or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
You should know that many personal injury cases do not have to go to trial for a successful conclusion. We take care of filing the necessary documents with the liable party’s insurance carrier.
Statute of Limitations in Texas
If the other party does not negotiate in good faith for an acceptable insurance settlement, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC could take your case to court. Texas law allows two years from the time of the accident in a personal injury or wrongful death to file a lawsuit.
It takes time to prepare a well-developed lawsuit, so we invite you to call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Is Committed to Our Client’s Satisfaction
We know that the days and weeks after a personal injury are stressful. It is our goal to help you and your family with personalized legal representation.
As our valued client, we will assure you with:
- Regular updates about your case
- Confidential and secure communication from your lawyer, not an associate
- Protection of your legal rights throughout the process
If someone’s deliberate or careless action harmed you or a family member, you could be entitled to recover damages. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?
- What Should You Do if You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?
- How Do Bicycle Laws Affect Personal Injury Cases in Texas?