Despite the fact that a federal court approved a federal class-action settlement recently against the University of Southern California (USC) involving an estimated 17,000 former patients of Dr. George Tyndall, you can still file a sexual abuse lawsuit. A federal judge recently approved a $215 million class-action settlement to former patients during Tyndall’s tenure at the school from 1989 to 2016. Tyndall was the only full-time gynecologist at the student health center and faces dozens of sexual abuse felony charges.
Andy Rubenstein of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC represents plaintiffs who are not part of the class-action settlement. It is not too late to seek recovery if you were a female patient of Dr. Tyndall’s at USC at any time between 1989 and 2016.
We Will Hold George Tyndall and USC Accountable
Dr. George Tyndall used his position to allegedly abuse or assault countless victims. Even worse, USC administrators were aware of many complaints against Tyndall, but they let him continue to see patients. That is why your sexual abuse lawsuit should include both Tyndall and USC as defendants.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will show that:
- Dr. Tyndall owed plaintiffs a duty of care to provide medical care with proper professional standards for patient safety and privacy.
- Dr. Tyndall breached this duty of care, and as his employer, USC is also liable.
- You and hundreds of other women suffered physical and emotional harm as a direct result.
- You now have damages in the form of medical bills, counseling, and mental anguish.
Potential Recovery in a Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
Depending on your situation, your attorney will seek recovery for damages that may include:
- Psychological and emotional counseling, therapy, and support
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability from emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A sexual abuse lawsuit lawyer from our firm can help you better understand the potential damages owed to you depending on your case.
How a Sexual Abuse Lawyer Can Help You
Not all firms represent plaintiffs in sexual abuse cases. Andy Rubenstein of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC represents more than 100 USC sexual abuse clients. Our firm also represents victims of another former USC physician, Dr. Dennis Kelly as well as plaintiffs in a lawsuit against Dr. Richard Strauss and Ohio State University.
It is our commitment to offer legal representation at the highest levels of confidentiality, compassion, and trustworthiness. Sexual abuse and assault are devastating for victims and their families. It can rob you of your self-worth and prevent you from the quality of life that you deserve.
A sexual abuse lawyer from our firm will be your voice and legal advocate. Everything you discuss with your lawyer is a privileged communication. You are never on your own to deal with the defendants and their lawyers.
Statute of Limitations in a Sexual Abuse Case
Even though a federal judge approved a class-action settlement for some plaintiffs in the USC sexual abuse case, you can still pursue recovery. However, there are statutes of limitations that require your lawyer to file a lawsuit within a given amount of time. Any legal action after this limitation expires may be dismissed.
As a sexual abuse victim of Tyndall and USC, you deserve to know your legal options. It is your right to seek financial recovery and justice even after a federal court approved a federal class-action settlement.
Please do not let time slip away on your legal right to pursue recovery. You should have a law firm that handles such matters as your legal advocate. Dr. Tyndall and USC must be held accountable for their actions. An attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will work diligently to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- What Does the UCLA Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover, What Are the Specifics?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?