Deciding to come forward and hold your abuser accountable can be scary. This is especially true if you are also going up against an institution that protected the abuser. But you do not need to handle your case alone. There are several ways D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help with a USC sexual abuse lawsuit. We can file the lawsuit on your behalf, help get you potential recovery, and protect your rights in a USC sexual abuse lawsuit.
We Represent Other Sexual Abuse Survivors
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help with your USC sexual abuse lawsuit, as we support and represent sexual abuse survivors in several high-profile cases, including:
- USC Dr. George Tyndall sexual assault claim
- USC Dr. Dennis Kelly sexual assault claim
- Ohio State University (OSU) Dr. Richard Strauss sexual assault claim
We know that this is an extremely emotional and personal case for our clients. The entire legal and professional team of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is committed to protecting your rights and seeking recovery.
Act Quickly, the Statute of Limitations Maybe Running
The statute of limitations is the time in which a lawsuit must be filed. Each state has a different statute of limitations for filing a sexual abuse lawsuit. More victims are bravely coming forward to tell their stories of alleged abuse by Dr. Tyndall. However, if you miss the statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit, it is unlikely that the court will hear your case. Please do not delay in contacting a sexual abuse lawyer to make sure it is not too late to sue USC and George Tyndall or to fight for justice.
Preparing Your USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
Sometimes a sexual abuse survivor is reluctant to contact a lawyer because she does not want to testify about her experience. It is not always necessary for a plaintiff to testify although you certainly have the right to do so. A sexual abuse lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate the specifics of your case and explain your legal rights and options.
Sexual abuse and other civil lawsuits use the “preponderance of the evidence” standard. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will use the many documents that were released by the University of Southern California (USC) in connection with the allegations against Dr. Tyndall.
Your lawyer will also build a convincing case using:
- Your recorded account
- Any witnesses
- Relevant liability laws to hold both Dr. Tyndall and USC accountable
Financial Recovery in a Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
Many sexual abuse survivors suffer from physical and psychological injuries. Some survivors find it difficult to concentrate and this affects their employment or career. Others have depression or anxiety.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help with your USC sexual abuse lawsuit, and will seek financial recovery on your behalf for damages that may include:
- Medical bills for therapy, prescription medicine, and other related expenses
- Loss of income or reduced income ability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Your lawyer will ask you for receipts and other documentation of medical expenses and other damages. They will also ask your permission to speak with your healthcare provider.
Accepting a Settlement or Seeking a Verdict
The USC sexual abuse allegations are nationwide news. To date, hundreds of sexual abuse survivors have come forward with complaints about Dr. Tyndall. Sometimes the defendants in a highly publicized case offer to settle with the plaintiff out of court. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you decide if this is the right decision for you. We have only your best interests in mind and will not pressure you into either a settlement or a lawsuit.
Allegations Against George Tyndall and USC
George Tyndall continued his gynecology practice at the USC student health center for years despite many complaints of sexual abuse. That is why a sexual abuse lawsuit will include both Tyndall and USC as defendants.
Some of the allegations against George Tyndall include:
- Inappropriate touching or probing during a vaginal or breast exam
- Lewd comments or questions
- Conducting a vaginal exam without a nurse or proper representative with the patient
- Racially insensitive remarks to international and minority students
- Making a female patient undress completely for an exam when it was not necessary
- Taking inappropriate photographs of female patients
Despite knowing that many patients had filed reports about alleged sexual abuse or assault, USC let Dr. Tyndall quietly resign in 2017 without reporting his conduct to law enforcement or medical oversight agencies.
We Can Help You Obtain Recovery
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help with your USC sexual abuse lawsuit and will preserve your rights. We invite you to call our firm at (713) 850-8600 for a free and confidential case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident In Houston?
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?