Our lawyers can help if you were hurt in a collision with a commercial vehicle. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer can determine liability and help you recover damages for your medical bills, car repairs, and other losses.
Per Texas law, you have only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, so we recommend that you call today for more information. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC offers a free case evaluation. You do not want to miss your opportunity to seek the financial recovery that you may be entitled to receive.
Call (713) 850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
Why You Should Call a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Sugar Land
If you suffered significant injuries, or if you lost a loved one because of the accident, you are probably not feeling up to the daunting task of dealing with the other party’s insurance adjuster. As the injured party, or plaintiff, it is up to you to prove that the other party is responsible for your injuries and damages.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer has a deep understanding of Texas liability and negligence laws. He or she can take care of the many details required in seeking financial recovery, including:
- Reviewing accident and police reports
- Talking to witnesses or verifying their statements
- Gathering physical evidence and photos from the accident scene
- Talking to your doctor about the extent and severity of your injuries
- Assessing the scope of your losses, including emotional damages
There is no cost or obligation to get a case evaluation.
There Are Many Types of Commercial Vehicles
Although many people think that the term “commercial vehicle” applies only to large trucks, a commercial vehicle is any type of wheeled transportation that is used for commercial or business uses. These include:
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Town cars
- Company vehicles
- Tow trucks
- Construction vehicles (forklifts, cranes, etc.)
- Commercial agricultural vehicles
People who own and operate these vehicles must have special training and licenses. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can find out if the driver completed this training and holds a current license to operate the vehicle.
We Can Help After all Kinds of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
The number of accidents with injuries involving a commercial vehicle is increasing, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). As Sugar Land continues to grow, so does the potential for more of these kinds of collisions.
Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers can help you after any kind of collision, including:
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents (such as texting while driving)
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Defective tire tread, parts, or repairs
- Hit and run accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Accidents involving a commercial vehicle and cars, motorcycles, bicycles, mopeds, buses, and pedestrians
If you or a family member was hurt in any kind of commercial vehicle accident, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Can Show Liability to Help You Pursue Recovery
You could be entitled to financial recovery from the other party if we can prove that certain factors apply:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures and prevent you from harm;
- The other party breached this duty of care in some way, either through careless action or failing to act;
- This negligence caused your injuries; and
- You have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, and other losses.
If you lost a family member to injuries sustained in the accident, we may be able to obtain damages with a wrongful death action. Reckless drivers who cause harm or take the lives of innocent victims should be held accountable.
Our Lawyers Help You Recover Damages
Depending on the extent of your injuries, you could be entitled to recover damages. Damages may include:
- Ambulance and emergency department care
- Imaging scans, blood work, and other types of diagnostic tests
- Prescription medicine
- Follow-up care including rehabilitation and therapy
- Lost pay for the time that you were unable to work
- Property damage, including temporary transportation if your vehicle is undrivable
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can consult with medical, vocational, and financial experts if you are disabled, need long-term care, or have a similar condition that keeps you from working.
For a free case evaluation, call today: (713) 850-8600.
Our Suggestions After the Accident
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have helped countless men and women recover damages when they were injured or disabled from an accident, illness, or injury caused by negligence.
We offer the following suggestions to help you and your family through the chaotic times after a commercial vehicle accident:
- Get medical care, if you have not done so already.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for rest, medication, therapy, and other medical care.
- Keep all bills, receipts, and expenses related to the accident.
- Try not to talk to the other party’s insurance adjuster until you have spoken to an attorney.
- Write down what you remember just before, during, and after the accident.
- Do not post photos or comments on social media, like Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
- Discuss your case only with your lawyer.
While we cannot promise the outcome of your case, our legal and professional team will do all we can to help you recover damages while you focus on resting and feeling better.
Call a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Sugar Land Today
We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A member of our team is ready to talk with you now. Call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- Whose Insurance Do You File a Dog Bite Injury Claim in Texas?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?