If you or a loved one were injured in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, you may be curious about your legal options. They can protect your rights and help you pursue recovery for medical bills and other accident-related damages.
You should not have to deal with the other party’s insurance adjuster or lawyer while you are recovering from your injuries. We will take care of the details surrounding the legal process and can help you recover damages on a contingency basis.
Members of our team are standing by to hear about your accident. If you would like more information, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for your free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Get Medical Care After An Accident
If you haven’t already done so, you should be examined by a medical caregiver following your accident. Some injuries, such as whiplash or concussion, may not be apparent until hours after the accident. After you have visited with a doctor or another medical professional, be sure to document all diagnoses, treatments, and follow-up information about your condition. Failure to get immediate medical care may create complications later.
After your commercial vehicle accident, some injuries you may have could include:
- Whiplash or other neck injuries
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bone(s)
- Lacerations and contusions that require stitches
- Soft tissue damage to your muscles, tendons, and cartilage
- Traumatic brain injury that could result in permanent brain damage, coma, or loss of life
- Spinal cord injury that could lead to paralysis
- Loss of limb(s)
- Internal bleeding and organ damage or failure
- Severe burns
A commercial vehicle accident from our team can help you pursue financial recovery to cover the cost of your medical bills and other incurred expenses. As a measure of convenience, a member of our team can meet with you. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Collect Evidence to Support a Negligence Claim
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the knowledge and resources to investigate the cause of your accident. Our careful analysis may include some of these investigative actions:
- Reviewing (or arranging to take) photos of the accident site, including debris, skid marks, and your damaged vehicle
- Evaluating your injuries and talking to your healthcare provider about your prognosis
- Securing expert testimony from engineers or an accident reconstructionist
- Compiling proof of your out-of-pocket expenses
Once we have a thorough understanding and documentation about your accident, a member of our team can send a detailed claim to your insurance company. We take care of all communication and procedures so you can focus on your recovery.
What Damages You Could Recover
Each case is different. You may have minor injuries that require little medical intervention, or you may be facing a prolonged recovery period.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving The Woodlands, TX can take an objective view of your injuries, damages, and overall situation. After we conduct a full investigation of your case, our team can work with you on the full extent of your damages.
Some of the damages in these types of cases can cover:
- Medical treatment (current and future)
- Imaging tests and scans
- Prescription medicine
- Medical equipment or assistive devices, such as crutches
- Lost wages because of your injury
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
Our firm has been fighting for the rights of accident victims since 2002. You do not have to go through this process alone. If you have suffered extensive injuries and become disabled, disfigured, or developed any other long-term medical conditions, our firm can help you seek an appropriate recovery.
Wrongful Death in a Commercial Vehicle Accident Case
More than 611 lives were lost in 2018 from accidents involving a commercial vehicle, according to the Texas Department of Transportation crash statistics.
If your family has experienced this type of loss, we want you to know that our legal and professional team can help you seek recovery from the responsible parties.
Commercial vehicle owners and operators must carry insurance in the event of bodily injury and loss of life. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of immediate family members, including the victim’s:
- Biological or adopted child
We will fight on your behalf so that you may spend your time with loved ones. Texas statute of limitations allows two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a personal injury or wrongful death claim. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, this statute of limitations may vary. A member of our team can explain what this timeline may mean for your claim.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
We work for you. The sooner you act, the sooner we can begin reviewing your case. To find out how a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving The Woodlands area can help, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?
- Which Relatives Are Allowed To Sue For Wrongful Death?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- Who Can I Sue if I Was Injured While Riding a Houston METRO Bus?