An injury does not have to be intentional for you to pursue recovery. A personal injury lawyer serving Tomball, TX, will fight to prove negligence to help you pursue financial recovery. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC offers free case evaluations. You should know your legal options after a car accident or other type of personal injury.
For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You
A personal injury is any bodily harm that affects your physical or mental health. Texas has specific guidelines for liability and negligence for a plaintiff (the injured party) to seek financial recovery. A personal injury lawyer serving Tomball can help you with those specific guidelines and do all the following:
- Protect and preserve your legal rights
- Secure evidence to prove liability
- File and manage your insurance claim
- Deal with the many requirements for a claim
- Prepare and file a personal injury lawsuit for trial
- Pursue financial recovery on a contingency basis
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of personal injury cases that include but are not limited to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents and injuries and workers’ compensation cases
- Sexual assault and abuse
- Human trafficking victims
- Motor vehicle accidents including those involving cars, buses, motorcycles, mopeds, bicycles, 18-wheeler and semi-trucks, large trucks, pedestrians, and electric scooters
- Premises liability
- Defective medical products
- Dangerous drugs
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death and survival
If you or a family member is suffering from someone’s negligence, call our firm today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Find Out What Happened
Someone caused your injury. It may have been a careless act or the failure to act. Our team will carefully review the conditions and circumstances of your situation. This will help your lawyer prepare a thorough insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
We begin with a free case evaluation and listen to your personal account. As our client, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will get to work for you right away:
- We assess your injuries and talk to your healthcare provider about your expected prognosis.
- We compile a list of your damages and expenses, such as hospital bills, car repair, property damage, and other losses relative to your situation.
- We evaluate police and accident reports.
- We interview witnesses.
- We review any and video evidence that may be available.
- We secure expert testimony, if necessary.
Each case is different, but we treat every client with care and respect.
Financial Recovery Is a Major Component in a Personal Injury Case
There is no “guilty” or “not guilty” in a personal injury case. Instead, a lawyer will review the evidence, testimony, and other factors to show that it is “more likely than not” that the other party caused your injuries. According to Texas statutes, damages are calculated and pursued for your injuries and losses.
Here are the most common damages typically sought in a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduced earning ability
- Property damage
In wrongful death and survival cases, a lawyer will seek damages for:
- Medical bills until passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Mental anguish
- Lost lifetime income and other earnings
Texas statute of limitations generally gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death and survival lawsuit. We are ready to help you seek financial recovery and justice for your personal injury. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Different Types of Liability
Some injury cases are more complicated than others. In certain instances, there is more than one liable party. There are two primary forms of liability in a personal injury case that you may pursue recovery for:
- Direct liability is the party responsible for your injuries.
- Vicarious liability holds a party responsible indirectly, such as an employer who may be accountable for a negligent employee.
Insurance Settlements Versus Verdicts
You can recover damages in a personal injury case through an insurance settlement or a jury’s verdict. Our personal injury lawyers will fight to get you an acceptable insurance settlement. However, we will prepare a persuasive case for trial, if necessary.
A personal injury lawyer serving Tomball, TX, with our firm will likely seek recovery first from the defendant’s insurance coverage. The type of insurance will depend on your injury and the circumstances of the incident. For example, if you were hurt in someone’s home, your lawyer will file a claim with the homeowner’s property insurance.
There are benefits and challenges with both approaches:
- Financial recovery is usually faster with an insurance settlement.
- Insurance settlements are less expensive than going to court.
- Juries may award a greater or lesser amount of recovery or nothing.
- Defendants do not have to admit liability in a settlement.
- Typically, statements and verdicts in a trial become public record, while settlements are confidential.
A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will explain your legal options.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a Free Case Evaluation with a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a family member were injured by someone’s negligence, please call for a free case evaluation. A personal injury lawyer serving Tomball, TX, will help you get the recovery you may be entitled to receive. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- What Does the UCLA Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover, What Are the Specifics?
- What Should You Do If You’re Involved in A Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?