If you or a loved one suffered an accidental injury due to someone else’s actions, you could have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit. Our law firm will help you navigate the claims process and fight for the financial recovery you are entitled to. We will handle all investigations, communications, and settlement negotiations on your behalf.
When our Victoria personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ handle your case, we will gather evidence from all sources. Right now, you can start a free case review where we can discuss your case at no obligation.
We Manage These Personal Injury Practice Areas in Victoria, TX
We are committed to helping injured clients recoup damages for their injuries. If you suffered losses in one of the following accidents, our team will help you fight for financial recovery:
- 18-wheeler accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice incidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability incidents
- Slip and fall
- Truck accidents
- Wrongful death and Survival
We will prove the merits of your case, gather evidence that proves its cause, and determine your financial losses. We’re committed to doing everything possible to recoup what you need and deserve.
We Help You Recover These Personal Injury Damages
Do you know how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit in Victoria, Texas? According to Texas law, you generally have up to two years from the date of your accident to initiate legal action. The accident’s outcome and the age of the injured party can alter the filing deadline. Our personal injury lawyers will ensure you understand your case’s deadlines and meet them accordingly.
If the state’s filing deadline is not met, you could unintentionally give up the right to recover:
- Known and anticipated medical expenses
- Known and anticipated income losses
- Property repair or replacement costs
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Physical impairment or disfigurement
We work hard to obtain an insurance settlement that covers these expenses and losses. However, if this is not possible, we will file a lawsuit in civil court and pursue the liable party for what you need.
We Understand Texas’ Personal Injury Statute of Limitations
As stated, the statute of limitations in personal injury cases is generally two years. If you fail to meet the filing deadline, your right to financial recovery can be compromised. To ensure compliance, we will:
- Obtain your accident report
- Review your medical records
- Determine whether any legal exceptions grant an extension (or shorten the deadline)
If your family lost a loved one as the result of someone’s negligence, we will access their death certificate to ensure the statutory date is accurately documented.
How Evidence Can Lead to a Favorable Financial Settlement
The majority of personal injury cases, regardless of their type, are resolved without going to court. This typically happens when the evidence is presented to both sides and evaluated. The evidence we collect for you will prove the liable party’s:
- Duty to provide you with reasonable care
- Breach of their responsibility to you
- Cause of your injuries and property damage
- Cause of your financial consequences
We collect the supporting evidence your case needs and use it to steer settlement negotiations in your favor. During your case’s progression, we may ask that you hold onto certain pieces of evidence, including any injury-related invoices or billing statements.
Evidence We Collect to Support Your Personal Injury Case
Since 2002, we have helped injured clients build strong personal injury case files. The evidence we collect for your case includes:
- Medical records
- Financial records
- Accident reports
- Injury photos
- Accident scene photos
- All available videos
- Witness statements
Depending on the cause of your accident, evidence collection might also include the truck driver’s logbooks, animal control records, and testimonials from medical professionals and other experts. We will compile all this evidence for you while you focus on your well-being.
What Happens When Our Personal Injury Lawyers Are on Your Side
If you or someone you love in Victoria was injured in an accident, you do not have to pursue damages on your own. When we represent you, our client-focused team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will:
- Build a comprehensive evidence file
- Identify the at-fault party (or parties)
- Identify the liable party (or parties)
- Read and review your medical records
- Obtain and submit reports and evidence
You should not be left with out-of-pocket expenses for someone else’s negligent actions. When we fight for you, our goal is to ensure you receive the best possible financial recovery.
Hear from Our Previous Personal Injury Clients
Selecting a law firm to handle your personal injury case can be challenging. One of the best ways to understand what it means to work with our team is by hearing from previous clients. They say:
- Kiana Skyy: Great firm and they follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim I would highly recommend.
- Donna Palmer: I just started a legal matter with this firm and so far all the staff that have been in contact with me has been very professional! Everything seems to be moving along quickly.
Our law firm was founded in 2002 and is passionate about the legal rights and financial recovery of every injured client we represent. Read more about our commitment to our clients on our testimonials page.
Call for Your Free Case Evaluation
If you were injured or lost a loved one, you do not have to fight for financial recovery on your own. Our personal injury lawyers serving injured clients in Victoria are on your side.
Find out how we will help you build a strong case for financial recovery by contacting D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. As noted, we offer free case evaluations to injured claimants.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Change Lawyers in the Middle of a Personal Injury Case?
- Are Trucking Companies Required By Texas Law To Have Full Coverage Insurance?
- What Is Comparative Fault & How does It Work?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?
- How Much Should I Ask for in a Personal Injury Settlement?