If you or a loved one is suffering from injuries after an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, speak to a lawyer about your legal rights.
Our 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident attorneys in Waco, TX have helped many people recover damages with compassionate, responsive legal services.
It is your right to hire a legal advocate to seek recovery from the insurance company on your behalf. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation.
We Determine How the Semi-truck Caused the Accident
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 18-wheeler and semi-truck drivers must follow federal guidelines to avoid causing accidents.
These safety measures include:
- Mandatory rest breaks within a 24-hour period
- Zero tolerance for drug or alcohol use
- Regular maintenance and equipment inspections
- Driver training
- Cargo that does not exceed weight and size restrictions
Like all licensed drivers, 18-wheeler and semi operators are also expected to follow the rules of the road. These vehicles can weigh several tons and are the length of several compact cars, so they need extra time and distance for braking.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will review the specifics of your case and look for evidence of liability from the other party. If our investigation reveals that the truck driver, truck company, or other related parties are negligent, we can help you pursue financial recovery for your injuries and damages.
A Truck Accident Lawyer Can Build a Compelling Case in Your Favor
Texas liability and negligence laws are complex. You have one opportunity to recover damages after an 18-wheeler crash or semi-truck accident. We can help you navigate this process with our deep understanding of Texas statutes and procedures.
Our legal and professional team of accident attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help build a persuasive case using evidence such as:
- Camera footage, photos, and other visual evidence
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Recovery of the truck’s onboard digital information system
- Driver’s record of safety, training, and any violations or complaints
- Truck company’s safety, training, repair, and maintenance reports
- Physical evidence such as debris and your damaged vehicle
We will also speak with your doctor or healthcare provider (with your written permission) to understand how your injuries could affect your ability to return to work and daily activities.
You should have the chance to recuperate after an 18-wheeler or semi crash. To learn more about our legal services, please call an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Waco, TX, for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Accept Many Types of Trucking Accidents
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC handles many kinds of 18-wheeler and semi accidents, including:
- Rollover accidents
- Accidents caused by drowsy driving
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Jackknife accidents
- Accidents caused by spilled cargo
- Drive-under accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents involving cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, and Uber and Lyft vehicles
An 18-wheeler and truck accident lawyer can help you pursue recovery from all liable parties so that you may focus on your recuperation.
Commonly Pursued Damages in a Semi-truck Accident
In our experience, accidents involving 18-wheeler and semi-trucks are rarely minor collisions. They often result in victims suffering the worst kind of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Multiple fractured or broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of life
These injuries can lead to staggering medical bills, lost income, and other losses. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will make a careful assessment of your injuries to pursue damages that might include:
- Current and future medical treatment
- Ambulance and emergency services
- Physical and psychological therapy
- Prescription drugs
- Lost income due to injuries
- Potential future income loss from injuries
- Lifecare or domestic health aid
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
You may need long-term care for permanent disability or disfigurement. Please call to learn more about potential financial recovery: (713) 850-8600.
When You Should Consult a Lawyer for a Truck Crash
Medical attention always takes priority after an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident. If you are under a doctor’s care, please make sure that you follow his or her recommendations. This is both for your best health and to avoid jeopardizing recovery for your injuries.
We recommend that you consult an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident attorney as soon as possible because of the following factors:
- Under Texas statute of limitations, you have only two years to file a personal injury from the date of the collision.
- Valuable evidence that supports your claim such as camera recordings, skid marks, road debris, and others may erode or be removed.
- A delay in seeking potential recovery may cause the insurance company or at-fault party to question the validity of your claim.
- You want to put this incident behind you and get back to your normal activities and life.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can start working on your behalf right away.
We Focus on Each Client Individually
Our firm offers you the responsive legal representation that you deserve with personalized attention. Your case is assigned to an attorney who will keep you updated and informed.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC adheres to the highest levels of professional and legal conduct. Our lawyers help you recover damages on a contingency basis.
You should not have to suffer twice from a reckless driver who caused you harm. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer can be your reliable and strong legal advocate.
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Should You Expect in A Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- My Loved One Was Killed In A Truck Accident, Am I Able To Sue?
- How Do You Prove Wrongful Death?