Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped people who were injured or disabled from someone’s reckless or intentional behavior. We understand that accidents and injuries disrupt your life and that you may be feeling overwhelmed.
If someone’s negligence caused you physical and/or emotional harm, we may be able to help you recover such damages as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, among others.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers may be able to help you recover damages on a contingency basis.
We Help You Seek Financial Recovery from All Liable Parties
One of the most frustrating things for victims of a personal injury is seeking recovery from the at-fault party’s insurance company. Some insurance companies might even make it difficult for you to recover damages from your own insurance policy.
That is not fair to you, especially when you are recovering from injuries caused by someone’s carelessness. While we cannot guarantee the outcome of your case, our personal injury lawyers have successfully recovered damages for clients through insurance settlements or verdicts.
A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can protect your legal rights and assist you with:
- Gathering the necessary evidence and documents that show your injuries and damages.
- Filing and managing your insurance claim.
- Negotiating and communicating with the insurance adjuster and other involved parties on your behalf.
- Making sure that you have the choice of filing a personal injury lawsuit within the state’s statute of limitations if negotiations are unsuccessful.
For your convenience, a member of our team can meet with you at a convenient location. We are here to help.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Have a Diverse Practice Area
Personal injury is any intentional or unintentional act that harms you physically or emotionally. Under Texas law, the person who committed this act may be held accountable for your injuries and damages. The kind of personal injury lawyer Waco, TX offers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have helped clients in many kinds of personal injury cases, including:
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Head-on collision accidents and injury
- Defective tire accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective medical devices and defective drugs
- Medical malpractice
- Sex crimes
- Dog bites
- Drowning and swimming pool accidents
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Wrongful death
- Slip and fall accidents
If you have any questions about our practice areas, please call (713) 850-8600.
What Type of Damages Might Be Recovered
There are many types of damages outlined in the Civil Practice and Remedies Code, but two basic kinds of damages in a personal injury case: general and special. These are also called noneconomic and economic damages.
Noneconomic or general damages are losses such as pain and suffering. Economic or specific damages are losses that are more quantitative, such as the cost of prescription medicine.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, length of recuperation, and expected prognosis, you may be able to recover damages such as:
- Medical treatment (current and ongoing)
- Lifecare costs if needed
- Physical and emotional rehabilitative therapies
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- Property damage and associated costs (such as a rental car if your vehicle is undrivable)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement such as scarring
- Disability (total or partial; temporary or permanent)
The type of personal injury lawyer Waco, TX can offer through D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will carefully evaluate your injuries and losses. This is important because you want to make sure that financial recovery will be adequate for your damages.
We are happy to answer your questions in a free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today: (713) 850-8600.
We Deal with Insurance Companies to Seek Recovery for Personal Injury
Personal injury cases are often successfully resolved through an insurance settlement. After a thorough evaluation of your case, a personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may file a claim against the liable party’s insurance coverage.
Depending on the type of accident, illness, or injury, this coverage might be:
- Automobile insurance
- Liability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Property owner insurance
- Maritime or aviation insurance
We can also help you understand your own consumer bill of rights and insurance coverage for certain types of personal injuries, such as a single-car auto accident. Our lawyers can manage and negotiate your claim to help you recover the benefits you might be entitled to receive. This allows you time to recuperate from your injuries without the added stress of dealing with an insurance adjuster.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Helps Family Members After Tragedy
If your loved one passed away after sustaining a preventable personal injury or accident caused by someone else, please accept our sympathies.
You and your surviving family members might be entitled to wrongful death or survivorship benefits. This type of financial recovery typically includes:
- Medical bills until your loved one’s passing
- Final expenses
- Loss of lifetime income and benefits
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, and guidance
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Texas statutes allow you to file a wrongful death lawsuit two years from the date of your loved one’s passing. Personal injury lawsuits are limited to two years from the date that the accident occurred.
Call a Personal injury Lawyer Serving Waco, TX
Personal injuries leave you in physical, emotional, and financial distress. A negligent person or entity should be held accountable for your injuries and damages. Our personal injury lawyers will guide you through the process of seeking recovery and protect your rights.
To find out how our legal and professional team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help you and your family, please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident In Texas?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?
- How Much Do You Get For Pain And Suffering After A Car Accident In Texas?
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?