You were hurt in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, but now you are suffering the consequences. You have medical bills on top of the motorcycle repairs, and now you are missing time from work. Who is going to pay for all of this, and can you trust the insurance company to work in your favor? When this is your reality, you need a personal injury law firm to walk you through it.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we have been helping accident victims financially recover since 2002. We will fight to obtain a financial recovery for injuries and losses related to your accident so that you can move forward. Our motorcycle accident lawyer serving Amarillo can handle every aspect of your case from filing to negotiating for your financial award.
Seeking Financial Recovery after an Amarillo Motorcycle Accident
Even with a helmet, motorcycle riders often sustain severe injuries. Road rash, broken bones, and internal organ damage are just a few injuries that a motorcyclist may face in an accident. As a result, injury victims may be eligible for significant financial recovery.
A motorcycle accident lawyer can seek recovery for the following damages:
- Emergency medical care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Ongoing treatment
- Mental anguish
When it comes to recovering your losses, the other party’s insurance company may not be on your side. A motorcycle accident lawyer can build a strong claim for a fair recovery. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our attorneys will fight for your right to recover all of the damages owed to you. We can file a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary, in your case.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Helps Your Case
In a motorcycle accident case, it is your word against the driver’s. To level the playing field, you will need the expertise of a motorcycle accident lawyer.
We will help you by:
- Investigating the accident
- Establishing the driver’s negligence with the evidence we gather
- Working with the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiating for your financial recovery
- Filing a lawsuit, if necessary
During our initial case evaluation, we will analyze your situation to identify the best strategy moving forward. We will build a claim that details the extent of your damages and how they have impacted your life, then work toward a favorable outcome. When it is your future on the line, you need an attorney who will go to bat for you. That is where we come in.
Negligence Plays a Part in Most Amarillo Motorcycle Accident Claims
Most motorcycle accident claims have one thing in common: negligence. Negligence is generally defined as the failure to act with the care or prudence that a reasonable person would under the same or similar circumstances. Under Texas Law, when an individual’s negligence results in harm to others, they can be held legally responsible.
In the case of motorcycle accidents, negligence is a common cause. Preventable accidents happen all the time due to drivers not giving proper following distance or checking their blind spots. Unfortunately, motorcycle riders have much more to lose when drivers are negligent.
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Unsafe lane changes
- Dooring (when a driver opens their door in a motorcyclist’s path)
- Failure to yield
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we understand that accidents happen. But when accidents cost you your physical, financial, and emotional well-being, we think that’s too high of a price to pay. We will help you seek recovery and hold responsible parties accountable for their actions.
What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident Near Amarillo, TX
It is understandable to be lost about what to do next after an accident, especially one in which you suffered significant injuries. It can be helpful to have a “to-do” list in this situation.
Here is a quick checklist to follow after a motorcycle accident if you are well enough to do so.
- Take pictures of the accident scene
- Gather the driver’s identifying information, if possible
- See a doctor. Even if emergency medical services were not required at the scene you should seek medical attention to be assessed for injuries
- File a police report and request an official copy from the Amarillo Police Department
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for help with your claim
Your health is the priority after a serious accident. Our team will take it from here, handling your claim so you can focus on rest and recovery. If you are too injured to follow these steps after an accident, a responding police officer should be able to help you gather evidence.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC: Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Amarillo
A motorcycle accident can be devastating. Your bills are piling up, your insurance is not being cooperative, and you do not know when you will be able to go back to work. At a time like this, you need an advocate to see you through it. Our attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, are those advocates. Call today for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?
- Can You Change Lawyers in the Middle of a Personal Injury Case?
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- Can You Recover Money For Non-Injury Damages In a Car Accident?
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?