Pedestrians have the highest amount of risk in a motor vehicle accident. If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, you could have injuries that take months to heal. Some pedestrian accident victims are permanently paralyzed or suffer other catastrophic injuries that need expensive lifelong care.
You may be entitled to financial recovery for your injuries. A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Arlington, TX can protect your rights and seek recovery if you qualify. There is no charge for us to evaluate your case, and our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 to learn more.
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer from Our Firm Understands Your Pain
Our pedestrian accident lawyers have helped many injured people who were hurt in similar accidents to yours. We know that pedestrian accidents have a high number of severe injuries and associated medical costs. The Governor’s Highway Safety Association reported that pedestrian accidents have been on the rise since 2010, cementing the need for heightened caution on the road.
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Arlington, TX will hold the liable party accountable and seek the recovery you may be entitled to receive. Additionally, sometimes the best way to change a reckless driver’s behavior is by filing an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. You could be entitled to recovery by the liable party. To learn more, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Pedestrian Accidents Lead to Life-Threatening Injuries
Pedestrian accident injuries range from lacerations to life-threatening internal bleeding. A pedestrian can suffer severe injuries such as:
- Broken or crushed bones, including legs, arms, spine, and pelvis
- Traumatic brain injury that can lead to brain damage or coma
- Punctured lungs and organ damage
- Shattered jaw and dental damage
- Burns or scrapes from pavement (also known as “road rash”)
If there is a collision between a pedestrian and a motor vehicle, it is likely that the pedestrian will suffer serious injuries or pass away.
Potential Recovery in a Pedestrian Accident Claim or Personal Injury Lawsuit
Texas law gives you the legal right to pursue recovery. You have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. A pedestrian accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will first seek recovery from the driver’s automobile insurance coverage. We also have ways to pursue recovery if it turns out that the driver is uninsured or underinsured.
The recovery you could be entitled to receive may include:
- Medical costs
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost pay
- Partial or complete paralysis from a spine or neck injury
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death if a loved one passed away in a pedestrian accident
It is usually faster to obtain recovery from an insurance settlement. The details in an insurance settlement are confidential. Your pedestrian accident lawyer will make sure that you fully understand the terms and conditions of this legal agreement. If the insurer refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are not afraid to file a lawsuit. To find out more about your potential financial recovery, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Determine the Driver Violated a “Duty of Care” Through Negligence
During your free case evaluation with us, you may hear one of our team members use the phrase “duty of care.” This is an important aspect of seeking recovery in a civil matter like a pedestrian accident. In a pedestrian accident, the duty of care is the expected behavior for drivers to obey the rules of the road. They must take reasonable measures to avoid harming anyone.
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Arlington, TX will make it clear to the insurance company (or the court) that the driver violated an expected duty of care to take reasonable measures and avoid the collision.
Examples of how a driver could breach this expected care include:
- Not yielding to a pedestrian at a crosswalk or other right-of-way
- Running a red light
- Driving while distracted (using a cell phone, for example)
You were injured because of a driver’s reckless behavior. A pedestrian accident lawyer with our firm will hold the driver accountable and seek the recovery you might be entitled to receive.
Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Our Suggested Actions After a Pedestrian Accident in Arlington
Our pedestrian accident lawyers will take care of sending a claim and negotiating with the insurance company. However, there are a few things you can do to protect your health and your claim, such as:
- Decline the request for a recorded statement from the insurance adjuster; tell the adjuster that you have a lawyer to speak on your behalf
- Keep your medical bills, pay stubs, and other evidence of damages from the accident
- Refrain from posting any photos or comments about the accident on social media
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions for therapy, medication, and follow-up treatment
- Discuss your case with your attorney only
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Arlington, TX has your best interests in mind. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Lane Splitting Legal in Texas in 2019?
- Can You Sue Walmart If You Slip and Fall in a Texas Store?
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Me In A Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?