As traumatic brain injury lawyers serving Austin, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial chaos after these kinds of catastrophic medical events. You are not alone as you pursue recovery and justice for yourself or a loved one.
We will investigate your case to determine if the injury was caused by the intentional or reckless behavior of another entity. Under Texas law, you have the right to seek financial recovery from all liable parties.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our Legal Team Identifies Liable Parties
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we determine who is responsible for your injuries and damages. Proving liability depends on a few conditions, such as:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care, including reasonable precautions to avoid the injury.
- The defendant breached this duty and caused the injury to occur.
- These injuries caused financial damages in the form of medical bills, lost salary and benefits, and mental anguish.
If our firm finds that the other party caused your injuries, we will help you pursue financial recovery. You should be aware that Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits.
It takes time to build a comprehensive and compelling case. Please call today for your free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Find Evidence of Liability
Negligence is the cause of many traumatic brain injuries. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Austin will carefully review the aspects of your case to prove fault and seek recovery.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the staff and resources to move quickly on your case. We will collect the following types of evidence:
- Photos, images, and medical records of your injuries
- Testimony of your medical provider on your expected prognosis
- Accident and police reports
- Photos, videos, or audio recording of the incident or aftermath
- Subject matter experts on brain injuries and trauma
- Other evidence from the accident that caused the injury
We know that seeking recovery is important for you and your family. The medical bills and lifecare costs from a traumatic brain injury can be astronomical. Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will do all we can for a streamlined recovery process.
For your convenience, a member of our team can meet with you at a convenient location. Your case will be evaluated for free, and there is no obligation. Call (713) 850-8600.
We Often Resolve Traumatic Brain Injuries Cases with a Settlement
There are several ways for a traumatic brain injury to occur. A traumatic brain injury results from a blow or other traumatic injury to the head or body. Sometimes there is permanent brain damage or other life-changing consequences such as paralysis.
The most common circumstances for a traumatic brain injury to occur are:
- Falls from stairs, ladders, scaffolding, or other high places.
- Objects falling onto the head.
- Motor vehicle accidents, including those that involve 18-wheeler and semi-trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, mopeds, trucks, and buses.
- Acts of violence, including assault and gun violence
- Sports, particularly football, soccer, baseball, lacrosse, and skateboarding
Our first approach for financial recovery is the defendant’s insurance coverage. This type of coverage would depend on the nature of the accident. For example, a lawyer with our firm would file a claim against a negligent driver if you suffered the injury in a car accident.
How Insurance Settlements Work
Once D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has investigated, gathered evidence, and determined all liable parties, we file a detailed claim with the defendant’s insurance company. The insurer may try to delay or undervalue your claim, or even deny your claim completely.
We stand up to insurance companies to get you the financial recovery you deserve.
Of course, if the defendant or the insurance company refuses to negotiate in a fair manner, a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Austin, TX, can take your case to trial. The first step in seeking recovery is with a free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
What Types of Damages Might Be Recovered
Texas allows you to seek financial recovery for both economic and noneconomic damages. This is to help you recover from the physical, emotional, and financial injuries that are the direct result of someone’s negligence.
Each situation is different, so we cannot tell you exactly what kind of damages you may recover. However, they may include:
- Emergency and ongoing medical treatment
- Necessary rehabilitation and therapy
- Prescriptions and medical assistive devices
- Lost income
- Reduced earning ability
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Lifecare expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium and companionship
Let us help you recover damages for you and your family. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
The Benefits of Enlisting the Help of a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Serving Austin
There are several benefits to you when you work with a traumatic brain injury attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC:
- We have successfully recovered damages for clients with similar injuries.
- We take care of all the details for gathering evidence, finding fault, and valuing damages for an insurance claim.
- We can represent you at trial if your case goes before a judge or jury.
- We will protect and preserve your rights.
It is your right to seek financial recovery if someone’s negligence caused you or a family member to suffer from a traumatic brain injury. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn more and for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?