If your family is coping with the sudden loss of a loved one, we can help you seek justice and financial recovery. Our fatal car accident lawyers serving Austin are committed to helping families hold at-fault drivers responsible.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we can identify the at-fault driver and identify and contact his insurance company on your behalf. From collecting evidence to submitting paperwork, we can handle the legal legwork. In addition, we work hard to negotiate appropriate financial recovery so your family can properly honor the memory of your loved one.
Let Our Fatal Car Accident Attorney Serving Austin Handle the Details of Your Case
According to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 32,000 people suffer fatal injuries in car accidents each year.
We work hard to:
- Identify the negligent driver
- Prove the accident’s cause and contributing factors
- Assess your economic and non-economic damages
While our client-focused team handles your case, you can focus on helping your family recover from its loss.
Proof of Negligence
Your wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit requires proof of the at-fault driver’s negligence. We work to collect evidence that proves the driver:
- Owed your loved one a duty of reasonable care
- Failed to live up to their responsibility to provide it
- Caused your loved one’s injuries and demise
- Caused the resulting financial consequences
Our independent investigation will assess and review the evidence we collect. We will also ensure your family understands the weight of your evidence and the role it plays in your case.
Collecting evidence is critical for your case. Our law firm and investigators can objectively collect and review evidence from a wide variety of sources.
The evidence we collect can include:
- The car accident report
- The investigating officer’s notes
- Your loved one’s medical records
- Statements from accident witnesses
- Your loved one’s death certificate
Various pieces of evidence can document the cause of the collision and its financial aftermath. When you trust our team with your case, you can leave the evidence collection to us.
Insurance Company Communication and Negotiation
When our law firm handles your case, we deal with the insurance company representing the at-fault driver for you. Our team members will:
- Handle all verbal, virtual, and written communication
- Compile, organize, and submit supporting evidence
- Review each settlement offer your family receives
- Weigh the feasibility of each settlement offer
The final decision to accept or reject a settlement is yours. We work hard to ensure the insurance company treats your family fairly and to ensure you have the information you need to make a well-informed decision.
Damages Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Requests for Austin Families
After a fatal accident, Texas law entitles the decedent’s spouse, parents, and children to seek financial recovery from the at-fault driver. Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ fights to recover the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Your loved one’s medical care
- Your loss of their financial support
- Loss of their household contributions
- Loss of consortium and companionship
When we assess your financial recovery, we include the bills and receipts that prove their values in your evidence file. Our goal is to pursue fair financial recovery.
Your Fatal Car Accident Case Requires Attention to Detail
The state determines how long you have to file your potential lawsuit. We work hard to resolve your case outside of court. If negotiations do not yield a fair offer, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
According to Texas law, your family generally has two years from the date of your loved one’s demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Failure to comply with the statutory filing deadline can result in:
- An inability to file your lawsuit at all
- Your lawsuit being immediately dismissed
If this happens, you could be left with no legal avenue that compels the at-fault driver to compensate your family. Many factors can alter the statute of limitations, and our legal team can determine your deadline and protect your right to financial recovery.
Hear from Families Who Recommend Our Law Firm
Our law firm works hard to achieve the best possible outcome for every family we represent. On our Google page, satisfied clients leave reviews and recommendations like the following:
- Sherry Creech: “Very hardworking people. Helped me when I could find No one…We Are SO GRATEFUL. They are very in-depth, professional, flawless responsibility to each client. Superior character. Making one feel at ease and comfortable throughout the entire ordeal. What an exceptional experience. A genuine concern and care for their clients.”
- Kashif Haque: “I have had a really good experience with D. Miller Law. They were friendly, prompt in returning calls/emails, and got a good result. If you are looking for a quality personal injury attorney in the Houston area, I highly recommend that you contact the folks at D. Miller Law.”
Browse our client testimonials page to hear from more clients who recommend our law firm to their own friends and family.
Learn More About Working With Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyers Serving Austin
If your family is coping with the sudden loss of a loved one after a car accident, we can help you recover from the financial strain of your loss. While you focus on your family, our fatal car accident lawyer serving Austin can handle your case from start to finish while you grieve in peace.
Contact one of our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team members to get a free evaluation of your case today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit from an Auto Accident in Texas?
- My Loved One Was Killed In A Truck Accident, Am I Able To Sue?
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?