A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue recovery while you focus on feeling recovering from your injuries. If you or a loved one were hurt in an accident, you should know your legal options, including your right to recover damages.
Commercial vehicle accidents can be complex, and it is your right to have a commercial vehicle accident attorney serving Austin, TX by your side for help.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Austin, TX Helps You
Seeking damages from a liable party can be challenging for most people. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can protect your rights and guide you towards potential recovery. Our lawyers can:
- Secure evidence including photos or videos of the accident site, your damaged vehicle, and your injuries.
- Obtain a statement from your healthcare provider (with your permission) about your injuries and expected prognosis.
- Read police reports and witness statements.
- Schedule follow-up interviews if necessary.
- Obtain drug or alcohol test results from the other party if applicable.
Dealing with an insurance adjuster or the defendant’s attorney is the last thing you need when you are trying to recover from your injuries. Let our legal team handle this for you while you focus on recuperating and resting.
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Commercial Vehicles And Accidents in Texas
A commercial vehicle is any car or truck that is used solely for commercial or business use. Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you recover damages from these accidents, including those that involve:
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Utility trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Town cars
- Fleet cars for business or municipality
You should call a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Austin, TX as soon as possible. Texas statutes limit your time to take legal action. You have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. It takes time to build a powerful case, so please call today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents Can be Complex
Commercial vehicle accidents typically involve several parties. There are different types of liability that our lawyers may assign, including:
- Direct liability: the parties directly responsible for causing the accident and your injuries.
- Vicarious liability: the parties who share the responsibility for your injuries through an established relationship, such as an employer.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will use the collected evidence to designate these liable parties, which might include:
- The driver’s direct employer
- The truck’s owner (if the company leases the vehicle from a third-party)
- The cargo loader
- The truck’s manufacturer (if it was a defective part that caused the accident)
- The safety inspector
People who drive commercial vehicles must have special training. They also may need special licenses. They should be held accountable if their negligent actions caused your injuries.
We Assess Your Injuries And Damages
It is difficult for the average person to know how much to seek when it comes to damages after an accident. There are many factors to consider, including:
- Extent and severity of your injuries
- The length required to recuperate
- Loss of income during your recuperation
- Ongoing treatment and rehabilitation
- The emotional impact of your injuries (for example anxiety or depression)
Our lawyers may consult with medical, vocational, and financial experts to help us correctly evaluate your losses. You should not have to suffer twice for an accident that was not your fault. Please call us today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Types of Compensatory Damages for a Commercial Vehicle Accident
Each accident and resulting injuries are unique. We do not have a set formula for determining how much or what kind of damages to pursue until we thoroughly examine your case.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Austin, TX can tell you that these are the most common type of damages:
- Medical care and treatment (past and ongoing)
- Property damage
- Temporary transportation needs
- Lifecare costs
- Loss of wages, either temporary or permanent
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC work on a contingency basis only.
Wrongful Death Damages for Surviving Family Members
The pain of losing a loved one is made worse when their passing is caused by someone’s reckless action. We extend our deepest condolences if you lost a family member because of injuries from a commercial vehicle accident.
Pursuing recovery from the responsible party may be the furthest thing from your mind right now. That is why surviving family members often turn to a trusted source to seek financial recovery and justice on their behalf.
Who May Recover Damages
You could recover compensatory damages if you are the parent, child, or spouse of the victim. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can represent you before the court or the insurance adjuster.
Wrongful death damages may include:
- Medical bills until the time of your loved one’s passing
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income, benefits, and other accumulated financial assets if your loved one lived to a normal life expectancy
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Your mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
We are here to help if you lost a loved one due to negligence.
Consult a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Austin
You have rights if someone’s negligence caused you or a loved one to suffer bodily injury. A commercial accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will stand by you and will stand up to insurance adjusters and lawyers from the other party.
You only have a short time to take legal action under Texas Statute § Chapter 16 which places a deadline on pursuing compensation.
Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?