If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ could help you get back on your feet. A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Carrollton can investigate your accident and determine if you qualify for financial awards.
We can help you pursue the cost of your medical treatment, lost wages, and more.
If Another Party Caused Your Motorcycle Accident, We Can Recover Your Loss
If you sustained an injury because another party acted negligently, you and your family should not suffer further due to medical bills and other accident-related expenses. You deserve financial help, and our team is here to assist you on your road to recovery.
Another driver could be financially responsible for your accident if they were:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Making an improper turn
- Running a stoplight or stop sign
- Driving in the wrong lane or weaving in and out of traffic
- Texting and driving
- Driving aggressively or recklessly
Our motorcycle accident attorneys will investigate your collision and prove fault. We can speak with eyewitnesses, collect evidence, and consult with experts to build a case that shows another party’s negligence lead to your injuries.
Our attorneys will help you pursue the maximum amount of recovery for your losses, including:
- Your past and future accident-related medical bills
- Your lost wages and loss of future earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from returning to work
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Awards for mental anguish, physical pain, and emotional suffering
Texas Wrongful Death Recovery Attorney
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.004, if your spouse, child, or parent suffered a fatal motorcycle accident injury, you could seek awards on their behalf. Damages may include:
- The cost of your loved one’s final medical care
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The value of your loved one’s lost earnings
- The value of your family member’s lost love, companionship, care, support, services, and advice
- Awards for pain and suffering caused by the loss of your loved one
Drivers Are Financially Liable for the Accidents They Cause
Texas drivers and motorcyclists must have liability insurance to pay for accidents they cause. According to the Texas Department of Insurance, the state requires a minimum of $30,000 in liability coverage to pay for injuries to one person, $60,000 for injuries to two or more people, and $25,000 for property damages.
Take the headache out of seeking a claim by letting our attorneys handle the insurance company. We can take care of gathering your documentation, filing your paperwork, and tracking deadlines so that you can turn your energy toward healing from your accident.
Our Carrollton legal team will not let insurance companies push our clients around. We will take care of communicating with insurers for you. Your lawyer can prevent the insurance company from pressuring you into accepting an unfair settlement. Our injury team will review your offers and negotiate for motorcycle accident-related damages.
What If an Insurance Claim Won’t Cover Your Losses?
Sometimes insurance companies play hardball, but our accident lawyers will not back down. If insurance underpays or denies your claim, we can assist you with a lawsuit.
Even if you expect your case to settle outside of court, you must consider the statute of limitations. If you must take legal action, you generally have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. Your time frame begins when your injuries occur or when your loved one passes.
Our Team Puts Personal Injury Clients First
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has sought justice for Texas accident victims. We know that an accident can turn your life upside down. We want to make sure our clients have access to our team and feel supported throughout the process of seeking financial recovery.
This is evidenced by our client testimonials:
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language. Made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” Daniel Lieberg
- “The staff here are genuinely concerned about what is going on in our lives. They have walked me through every step and I sincerely appreciate their helpfulness.” Shelley Flynt Bradley
- “Great experience and good customer service from the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC team. They answered every single question I had over my car accident. I am happy with my settlement and I would recommend D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to everyone.”
- Thank you again to everyone on the team that took care of me and my case.” Luz McMullen
Thousands of Texas Motorcyclists Suffer Severe or Fatal Injuries Every Year
Motorcycle riders lack the protections afforded by traditional, four-wheeled vehicles. This means motorcyclists often experience more severe injuries and a higher risk of fatality than passenger vehicle occupants.
The Texas Department of Transportation reports that an average of one motorcyclist dies in a Texas accident every day. In 2020, nearly 500 riders passed away in accidents and more than 1,800 motorcyclists suffered a serious accident injury.
In (and near) Carrollton, the following pose a threat to riders:
- Major thoroughfares like Interstate 35 and the President George Bush Turnpike
- Intersections on surface streets
- Commuters from Dallas
Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Applies Their Skills to Your Case
When you choose D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, you get a responsive legal team that is here to help you through a difficult time. We will:
- Meet you at a convenient location (like your home, our office, at the hospital, or over the phone)
- Answer your questions and explain what is happening with your case without using confusing “legalese”
- Promptly return your emails and phone calls
- Help you schedule medical appointments, even if you do not have health insurance
- Guide you through what to do after your motorcycle accident
Reach out to D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for Help
To learn more about how our motorcycle lawyers can work for your Carrollton family, contact our team for a free consultation. You have nothing to lose by reaching out to speak about your accident.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- What Are Your Legal Options After a Bus Accident In Texas?