The Government of Texas reports that Collin County had more than 900,000 registered vehicles in 2016. It is a safe bet that there are even more cars, trucks, and motorcycles in Dallas today.
Car accidents are usually preventable. If another driver caused an accident that injured you or a family member, you might be entitled to recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
A car accident lawyer serving Dallas with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can protect your rights and help you pursue recovery. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Why Many Car Accident Victims Consult a Lawyer
There is no such thing as a little fender-bender when it comes to the health and safety of your loved ones. As car accident lawyers, we know that you can sustain severe injuries even if your car did not.
If you or a family member was injured in an accident caused by another driver or a defective part, you have a limited time to take legal action. Most personal injury lawsuits begin as a wrongly denied insurance claim. Some insurance companies make it difficult for you to recover damages.
How We Help You
A car accident lawyer can help you understand your rights, including your right to seek financial recovery.
Our car accident lawyers:
- Review the details of your accident and look for evidence of liability from the other party.
- Get an understanding of your injuries from your healthcare provider and how they may affect your ability to return to work and pre-accident activities.
- Send a detailed claim to the at-fault party’s insurance carrier.
- Take your case to court if the other party will not negotiate.
- Alleviate the pressure of dealing with the insurance adjuster so that you can focus on resting and feeling better.
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC fight to get you recovery on a contingency basis. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Help Clients After all Types of Car Accidents
If you were involved in a car accident with one or more vehicles, there may be several liable parties. A car accident lawyer with our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help with a multiple car accident and other types of collisions, including:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Head-on collision with injuries
- Left turn and intersection accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Defective auto parts and repair accidents
- Airbag recall accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
The most important action you should take after any kind of accident is to get medical attention. You may be injured or more seriously injured than you realize. A healthcare professional can examine you and begin a course of treatment.
Common Car Accident Injuries
According to information on the National Safety Council (NSC), there were 4,600,000 medically consulted injuries from motor vehicle accidents nationwide in 2017.
As car accident lawyers serving Dallas, some of the most common injuries that we have seen include:
- Whiplash and other soft tissue injuries affecting muscles, tendons, and ligaments
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severe lacerations and contusions
- Internal bleeding
There is also emotional trauma that may persist after a car accident. Some people sink into depression or suffer from anxiety and insomnia. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC knows that this is a tough time for you. Our firm takes care of the many details necessary to pursue recovery.
For a free case evaluation, call: (713) 850-8600.
How We Determine Liability
You may be able to recover damages even if you played a minor role in the collision. A car accident lawyer serving Dallas will look for evidence that the other party is primarily responsible.
This evidence often includes:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Photos of the accident scene, debris, skid marks, final resting place of the involved vehicles, and the damage to your vehicle
- Medical report from your doctor about the extent and severity of your injuries, as well as your expected prognosis
- GPS information that shows speed and location of the other vehicle, if available
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate this evidence to identify all liable parties.
Damages that You Might Be Entitled to Recover
Some compensatory damages associated with a car accident case include:
- Past and current medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Your individual damages may depend on what type of injuries you sustained and if you will have long-term health issues.
Why We Suggest Talking to a Lawyer Before the Insurance Adjuster
You might think that pursuing recovery after a car accident is as simple as exchanging your insurance information with the other driver, and then filing a claim with their insurance.
In our experience, most insurance companies do not make it easy to recover damages. Some of the tactics that our car accident lawyers have encountered include:
- Questioning the validity of your injuries despite medical records, test results, and your doctor’s assessment.
- Trying to make you the person who is primarily responsible for the accident.
- Pressuring you into accepting a lowball settlement.
- Taking an unreasonable amount of time in processing your claim or responding to your concerns.
If you are contacted by the insurance adjuster before you have a chance to talk with a car accident lawyer serving Dallas, please limit your conversation to confirming the make and model of your car, the date and location of the accident, and your auto insurance information.
For a free case evaluation after a car accident, call D. Miller & Associates. PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Please Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Texas law imposes a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit. It takes time to build a persuasive case. If you or a family member was injured in a car accident that was someone else’s fault, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.