Were you or someone you love injured by a drunk driver? If so, you are entitled to financial recovery for your medical bills and injury-related expenses. Our Dallas drunk driving accident and injury lawyer will help you obtain it. We start by listening to the details of your case during a free consultation. From there, we develop an effective strategy for holding the drunk driver accountable for their actions.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we will prepare your case and prove the other driver’s condition at the time of the accident. Our team will investigate your accident, consult relevant experts, and define your recoverable damages. We also handle communication and negotiations with the insurance company, so you can focus on recovery.
Do Not Wait to Pursue a Drunk Driver for Financial Recovery
Preparing an insurance claim or lawsuit after an accident can be an involved and time-consuming process. The state limits the amount of time you have to sue a drunk driver in court. According to Texas law, after a car accident in Dallas, you generally have two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
If you do not file your lawsuit within the allotted time, you could inadvertently forfeit your right to file at all. If that happens, you could also be left with no legal recourse that compels the at-fault driver to cover your accident-related damages.
In most cases, your case will settle out of court. If that is not possible for you, our personal injury lawyer serving injured clients in Dallas will represent you. We will prepare your evidence and exhibits and help you keep fighting for a favorable outcome.
Assess Your Recoverable Damages After a Drunk Driving Accident
On your own, it can be easier than you think to overlook or omit valid expenses and losses when assessing the potential value of your lawsuit. Our legal team’s familiarity with personal injury law means we understand the range of damages you are entitled to recover.
The financial recovery we request for you can include:
- Past and future medical care including emergency room, hospital, rehab, therapy, assistive devices, and prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Past and future loss of income including full- and part-time employment from all income sources and reduced earning capacity
- Repair costs to restore your car to its pre-accident condition or to replace it if it is declared a total loss
- Physical pain and suffering and mental and emotional anguish for the medical and psychological trauma you endured
If your family lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident, our drunk driving accident and injury lawyer serving Dallas will also help you recover wrongful death damages. In addition to the costs of your loved one’s funeral and burial, you can recover the loss of their income and their domestic contributions to your family.
Holding a Drunk Driver Responsible for Their Actions
Intoxicated drivers are far too common. Their intoxicated condition can be used to strengthen your case. Our team will collect evidence that proves their drunkenness at the time of the accident. Evidence may include the following:
- A police report containing the investigating officer’s narrative
- The results of a definitive blood alcohol concentration test
- Statements and recollections from accident witnesses
On your own, it can be hard to obtain certain evidence. Leave it to us. We will obtain the supporting evidence your case needs. We will also submit it on your behalf and use it to drive the settlement negotiation process.
How Drunk Driving Causes Dangerous Car Accidents in Dallas
An intoxicated driver usually cannot make appropriate decisions or fully focus on the safe operation of their car. Their impaired driving ability can lead to the following dangerous occurrences:
- Speeding or racing
- Disregarding traffic signs
- Weaving across lines
- Braking suddenly and erratically
Your police report is an important part of your evidence file. We will get a copy to obtain the insurance company information and the police officer’s investigative notes. It can tell us the at-fault driver’s condition and behavior. It can also tell us when and where the accident occurred and your injured status.
Put Our Drunk Driving Accident & Injury Lawyer Serving Dallas to Work for You
Our law firm will handle the legwork of building your case. We will obtain copies of your car accident report and medical records. Our investigation can also uncover traffic control cameras, dashcam, security, and smartphone photos and videos. We will:
- Consult medical experts
- Hire an accident scene reconstructionist
- Provide ongoing case updates
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Clarify applicable Texas laws
Since 2002, our law firm has helped car accident victims seek appropriate financial recovery. Our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® team is client-focused and committed to your favorable financial recovery.
Read About Our History of Supporting Car Accident Victims
Our entire legal team is dedicated to providing customized legal service that meets your unique needs. Previous clients say the following:
- “Great experience and good customer service from the D. Miller team. They answered every single question I had over my car accident. I am happy with my settlement, and I would recommend D. Miller & Associates to everyone.” – Luz McMullen
- “They were available any time that I needed them at such a stressful time…Everyone was patient and handled my case very professionally. I could not have found a better law firm…Anyone that tells me that they have been in any accidents, I refer them to D. Miller & Associates.” – Alley Smith
We never stop fighting for the right to financial recovery for car accident victims. Read about additional client experiences on our testimonials page.
We Will Evaluate Your Case at No Cost or Obligation
Were you or a loved one involved in an accident caused by a drunk driver? Our drunk driving accident and injury lawyer serving Dallas can help. We will build a strong case for financial recovery and negotiate a favorable monetary settlement.
Find out how hard we go to bat for you by contacting our consultation team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Texas?
- How Do You Prove Wrongful Death?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?