Spinal cord injuries can transform your quality of life in seconds. As you recover (or adapt to your new life), you might have problems attending work, supervising your children, and performing basic household tasks. During this challenging time, you may wonder whether you have legal options.
A Dallas spinal cord injury lawyer will do everything possible to secure what you’re owed. Whether you suffered harm in a collision, fall, or another instance, we’re here to help. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is ready to listen to your story now.
You Have a Limited Time to Seek Damages Under Texas Law
Texas law notes that you generally have two years to file an injury lawsuit. Your filing deadline begins based on multiple factors, including when you suffered harm or discovered your injury. You cannot file a lawsuit outside of the two-year filing period.
When you partner with a spinal cord injury lawyer, they can manage your case’s deadlines and everything else it entails.
Recoverable Damages Through a Claim or Lawsuit
We want to secure everything you need to help you reach maximum medical improvement. Financial recovery in your case may include:
- Healthcare expenses, such as assistive mobility devices
- Modifications to your home (such as widened doorways or lowered counters)
- Transportation costs
- Childcare expenses
- Lost income, bonuses, and tips
- Loss of future earning capacity
You may pursue other losses than those listed here. We will determine what you’re owed based on your case’s details.
We Help People Injured in These Situations
We extend a helping hand to claimants who have suffered harm in these situations:
- Collisions. Some people suffer injuries in car accidents. Striking one’s head against a steering wheel or slamming one’s back against a seat can injure the spine.
- On-the-job accidents. You may have suffered a spinal cord injury at work––especially if you perform manual labor. In this situation, you could also pursue damages through a lawsuit and workers’ compensation claim.
- Medical malpractice. A healthcare provider could have made an error that injured your spine. For instance, they might have damaged a nerve during surgery.
- Premises liability incidents. If you suffered harm on another party’s property (like through a fall), you can hold the property owner responsible for your losses.
Don’t worry if you don’t see your situation listed above. We still want to serve you.
Why Partner with Our Team on Your Spinal Cord Injury Case?
The lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ advocate for injured people in Dallas. You can trust our team to:
- Address your questions and concerns. During our partnership, you can call us at any time with questions and concerns you may have. We want you to feel confident about the legal process and any decisions you have to make.
- Investigate your accident. We will use the accident report, photos of the accident scene, and witness testimony to prove fault and liability.
- Consult with experts on your case. We will consult with healthcare providers, accident reconstruction specialists, and other professionals to learn more about your situation.
- Negotiate with the insurance company. Even if you have a strong case, the insurance company may still offer less than you’re owed. That’s where our team comes in. Your spinal cord injury lawyer in Dallas will present your case’s evidence and negotiate a fair settlement with the claims adjuster.
- File a lawsuit. We won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit if it means getting what you deserve. In court, we will present your case’s evidence, call on expert witnesses, and fight for what you need.
There is no one-size-fits-all strategy for spinal cord injury cases. You can trust our team to pursue a course of action that meets your situation’s needs.
What Should I Do After Suffering a Spinal Cord Injury?
The following measures could promote your chances of recovering what you need:
Seek Medical Care
We need statements from your healthcare provider that attest to your condition’s severity. Visiting a doctor also ties your injury to the accident that harmed you.
Keep Documentation of Your Losses
Any receipts, invoices, or billing statements can support your right to damages. Also, we urge you to keep records of your doctors’ appointments, communications with the insurance company, and other related matters.
Refer the Claims Adjuster to Your Lawyer in Dallas
Even if you have a lawyer, this may not stop the claims adjuster from contacting you directly. They may ask you to give a recorded statement or offer less than you need. When you have a lawyer from our team advocating for you, you don’t even have to talk to the insurer’s representatives. All you need to do is focus on getting better.
Our Clients Have Positive Things to Say About D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™
Since 2002, we’ve helped many people recover damages after getting hurt. These are some comments clients have shared about their experiences with us:
- “I just started a legal matter with this firm and so far all the staff that have been in contact with me has been very professional! Everything seems to be moving along quickly.” – Donna P.
- “The staff here are genuinely concerned about what is going on in our lives. They have walked me through every step and I sincerely appreciate their helpfulness.” – Shelley F.B.
- “I highly recommend them because they are very professional and non judgemental. Made me feel extremely comfortable talking with them.” – Paulie D.
Get Help from a Dallas Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
You don’t have to struggle with aggressive insurance companies or the other party’s lawyers. We will do everything possible to secure a positive outcome for your case. Today, you can start a free case evaluation with a member of our team. We can explore your case’s potential, what you can recover, and what measures could help your case.
To connect with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, dial (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- Can I Sue If My Hip Replacement Gets Infected?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?
- How Much Should You Expect in a Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- Can I Sue the Mechanic of an Auto Repair Shop for Negligence?