If you lost a loved one in a fatal car accident, please accept our sincere condolences. Our firm wants you to know that you have options. You could pursue financial recovery for your loss. A fatal car accident lawyer serving El Paso from D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ can investigate your case and provide legal counsel.
Working With a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Serving El Paso
Fatal car accident cases can prove complex. Between supporting your family and managing funeral plans, filing a lawsuit or going toe-to-toe with an insurer is likely the last thing you want to do.
Losing a loved one is difficult, but we’re committed to handling your case with respect and care while also seeking financial justice on behalf of your family.
Our warm and compassionate lawyers offer:
- Accessible legal support
- Free case evaluations
- Assistance with finding a medical provider if you were also injured in the accident
These services can provide you with much-needed peace of mind. With our help, you won’t have to worry about any of the challenging aspects of your case. We can’t bring your loved one back, but we can pursue justice on your behalf. This allows you to direct your energy towards the things that really matter, like:
- Healing from your own injuries
- Processing the passing of your loved one
- Caring for and standing by your family
We care about our clients. Their testimonials illustrate what we do best, compassionate, and hassle-free legal aid:
- “I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” – Wayne P.
- “Everytime I’ve called they have been very courteous and attentive. They also answered all my questions I had regarding my case and made me feel like they truly care about my claim. Even though my case is still pending I know I will go to them for any other legal issues I may have in the future.” – Adrianne F.
How Much Will My Financial Recovery Be?
Financial recoveries are broken up into two types of damages, economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are straightforward. They account for the financial losses associated with your fatal car accident.
Non-economic damages account for the mental trauma and suffering you’ve experienced after losing your loved one.
Together, these damages include:
- Medical expenses
- Reduced familial earning capacity
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium, a fancy legal term that describes the loss of a close personal relationship
- Pain and suffering
Every fatal car accident is unique. Each case will have its own set of expenses and emotional losses. For this reason, there’s no average financial recovery.
An El Paso fatal car accident lawyer from our firm can advise you on the financial recovery process. You deserve a fair recovery, and we can help you work towards this goal.
How Will a Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Serving El Paso Pursue a Recovery?
Fatal car accident cases are usually settled in one of two ways, an insurance claim or a lawsuit.
Texas requires drivers to carry $30,000 in liability coverage for injuries to one person per accident and $60,000 for all injuries that occur in an accident. This type of insurance covers injuries the at-fault driver causes, meaning if another driver caused your accident, their insurance could be used to recover your damages. Some drivers carry insurance with a higher limit.
The liable party’s insurance plan may not cover the totality of your damages, though. Similarly, the insurer may attempt to downplay your claim and offer you a low-value recovery. If you accept an offer, you can’t pursue further legal action against the party that caused the accident.
Our team can negotiate with insurers on your behalf. We’ll protect you from unfair recoveries and file the required documentation.
Lawsuits are broken up into several smaller steps:
- File the initial lawsuit
- Gather evidence related to the case
- Both parties request a ruling on the case
- A mediation is held. If this meeting settles the matter, the case doesn’t proceed to trial
- If the mediation doesn’t result in an agreement, the case proceeds to trial
- During a trial, both sides will make their case to a jury
This process is laden with legal jargon. It can be frustrating, confusing, and difficult. We’re here to make your pursuit of financial recovery as simple as possible, though. Our lawyers can act as your legal representative during a lawsuit.
You Shouldn’t Miss the Fatal Car Accident Lawsuit Deadline
Texas law places a deadline on fatal car accident lawsuits. Texas’ statute of limitations generally allows family members of victims two years to file.
Many legal cases are settled outside of court, whether that’s through a settlement or an insurance claim. This doesn’t mean that you should ignore the deadline, though. Lawsuits are useful legal tools, and, in the absence of an adequate settlement, they may be necessary.
Similarly, if you wait too long to get started on your case, you run the risk of witnesses:
- Forgetting what they saw or know about the accident
- Moving away from El Paso, which could complicate the discovery phase of your case
Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Serving El Paso Can Help Today
We’re here for the residents of El Paso. We’ve worked with previous clients as they’ve dealt with the loss of a loved one, so we understand what you’re going through. We want to make this process as simple as possible. Our firm can provide you with a free case evaluation.
Call our offices to get started on your case today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- Can Pedestrians Be At Fault For Road Accidents In Texas?
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- How do You Respond to a Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?