Motorcycle accidents have a devastating effect on your physical, emotional, and financial well-being. Our legal team believes that the person who caused the accident should be held accountable for your suffering and losses.
The last thing you need after a motorcycle accident is to deal with insurance adjusters or the other party’s lawyer. You should focus on your health and physical recovery, and let our motorcycle accident lawyer serving El Paso help you pursue legal action.
The first step is calling D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation. We can help you determine your legal options. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600.
We Determine the Responsible Party for the Accident
A motorcycle accident lawyer examines the circumstances of your case to determine the at-fault party.
We can secure the necessary evidence and documentation to help demonstrate that:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable actions to prevent the accident and protect you from harm.
- The other party breached this duty in some way, such as texting and driving.
- This negligence caused you bodily injuries.
- You have damages from these injuries.
A motorcycle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can protect your rights and seek recovery while you focus on your health and well-being.
Why You Should Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
You might think that recovering damages from a motorcycle accident is a simple process. You get the at-fault party’s insurance information, fill out a claim, and wait for them to process payment.
Keep in mind that an insurance company may deny your claim or offer you a settlement far below what would qualify as fair compensation for your losses. If you suffered a permanent injury that results in an ongoing condition, for example, your recovery should account for future medical expenses.
A motorcycle accident lawyer serving El Paso can help assess your losses and fight for your legal rights. If a fair settlement is not arrived at with the insurance company, we can take your case to court to seek fair compensation by filing a lawsuit on your behalf.
For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, call (713) 850-8600.
Why You Should Call Us As Soon As Possible
Like other states, Texas has a statute of limitations, or deadline, for personal injury lawsuits. Texas law (§16.003) allows two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit against the liable party or parties.
This sounds like plenty of time to prepare a case, but you should know that many lawsuits are the result of unsuccessful settlement negotiations. Lawsuits are typically filed only after an insurance company does not offer a fair settlement.
A few reasons you should call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today:
- Evidence can erode or disappear the more the time passes.
- You may have significant losses from unexpected medical bills, combined with lost income, for the time lost and away from work due to injuries.
Financial Recovery in a Motorcycle Accident
Each case is different. While our firm handles motorcycle accident cases, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ cannot promise the outcome of your insurance claim or lawsuit.
A few of the expenses we have recovered for other clients include the following:
- Ambulance and emergency room care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Prescription medicine
- Domestic expenses
- Lost pay while you were recuperating from injuries
- Repair or replacement of your motorcycle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you are disabled or have a permanent medical condition related to your injuries, we may also pursue damages for the following:
- Loss of income due to disability or disfigurement
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Diminished quality of life
A motorcycle accident lawyer can carefully evaluate your losses while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Who Can Be Liable for a Motorcycle Accident
Our firm handles different kinds of personal injury cases. We understand that recovering a financial recovery is important for you and your family.
Our lawyers assess the cause, timeline, and involved parties to determine liability. In some accidents, there may be more than one liable party.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you pursue recovery for accidents that involve:
- 18-wheeler and semi trucks
- Commercial vehicles
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Road debris or inferior maintenance
- Defective parts or repairs
We know that motorcycle riders have a greater risk of significant injury in a traffic accident. It is important that you follow your medical provider’s recommendations, including any follow-up rehabilitation, therapy, or medication.
Distracted Driving Is Illegal and Dangerous
Texas law banned the use of cell phones for texting (or reading email) while driving. Unfortunately, some drivers still text and drive.
Texting while driving is one example of distracted driving. Others include:
- Talking on a hand-held cell phone.
- Eating, drinking, or smoking.
- Adjusting climate control or defroster.
- Connecting your phone to the vehicle’s Bluetooth function.
- Using an electronic navigation device.
Anything that takes your eyes off the road for even a second can lead to an accident. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, There were 398 fatalities caused by distracted driving in 2018.
You Have the Option To Hire Legal Representation
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident that was not your fault, call one of our motorcycle accident lawyers serving El Paso. You could be entitled to recover a financial recovery for your losses.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600 to discuss your case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- Can I Sue if My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?
- How to Handle a Car Accident in Texas