Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) may result in life-long physical and cognitive impairment.
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving El Paso with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you recover damages for medical care, pain and suffering, and other losses. You deserve to know your legal options from a law firm that has helped other TBI victims.
To find out if you could be entitled to financial recovery, call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
A Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer May Help You Recover Damages
Most people who suffer a traumatic brain injury will need rehabilitation. They may have to relearn how to walk, talk, and perform daily activities.
This kind of long-term treatment is costly. If you suffered a traumatic brain injury from an accident that was not your fault, you have the legal right to pursue recovery.
Unfortunately, it is not enough that you have been injured. An insurance company or the court will need proof that the other party acted negligently and caused your injury. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving El Paso, TX can investigate for proof of liability and help you recover damages from the liable party.
This proof may include:
- The at-fault party being charged for the accident, such as drunk driving (DWI)
- Photos or videos
- Witness statements
- Police, accident, or workplace reports
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you recover damages on a contingency basis.
What to Do If You or a Loved One Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury
All bumps, jolts, or trauma to the head should be examined by a physician or other healthcare professional. Many people do not realize that a concussion is a mild traumatic brain injury. However, even a so-called “mild” traumatic brain injury requires prompt medical attention and diagnosis to avoid potentially life-threatening complications.
In our experience as TBI lawyers, many of these injuries occur because of someone’s careless act or failure to act. That is why we suggest that you call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to find out how we may be able to help you recover damages.
In addition, we also suggest the following:
- Follow your healthcare provider’s instructions, since failure to do so jeopardizes your health and your chance to recover damages.
- Avoid talking to the at-fault party’s lawyer or insurance adjuster until you have consulted an attorney of your choosing.
- Do not allow the insurance adjuster access to your medical records or allow their physician to examine you until you have talked to a lawyer.
- If there were witnesses to the accident, get their names and contact information.
- Avoid posting photos or comments about the accident on social media; again, to avoid jeopardizing potential recovery.
You deserve to know your legal options and to have a strong legal advocate protecting your rights. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Situations or Contributing Factors of a Traumatic Brain Injury
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly half of all traumatic brain injuries in 2014 were caused by motor vehicle accidents and unintentional falls.
These injuries may also be caused by:
- Medical malpractice
- Workplace and industrial accidents
- Violent acts
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle, moped, or scooter accidents
- Football and other sports
The traumatic brain injury lawyers serving El Paso, TX at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC are committed to helping you and your family recover damages from all liable parties.
Proving Liability for a Traumatic Brain Injury
Accidents, illnesses, and other events that cause traumatic brain injuries often involve negligence. A traumatic brain injury lawyer with our firm looks for evidence that the other party did not take reasonable measures to prevent you from harm.
A lawyer will determine if the following can be proven:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to prevent you from being injured.
- The other party breached this duty of care either through intent, careless action, or failure to act.
- This negligence caused you to suffer a traumatic brain injury.
- You have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, and other losses because of this injury.
If we can prove the statements above, you could recover damages that would help pay for the specialized medical care that a TBI victim often needs. A member of our team would be happy to meet with you for a free case evaluation at our office, your home, or the hospital. Call (713) 850-8600 today.
Recovering Damages for a Traumatic Brain Injury
Few people are prepared for the physical, emotional, and financial turmoil after a catastrophic injury. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving El Paso, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can be your confidential and objective legal advocate who can help you obtain the financial recovery you may deserve.
To determine the value of your current and expected expenses, our legal team may:
- Talk to your healthcare provider about the extent and severity of your injuries and how they affect your future.
- Secure expert testimony from vocational, and financial professionals.
This intensive scrutiny allows us to seek proper recovery for damages that may include:
- Frequent or lengthy hospital stays
- Skilled nursing care at home or at a rehabilitation facility
- Physical, speech, occupational, vocational, and emotional therapy
- Lost income
- Diminished earning ability
- Lifecare support
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We can pursue financial recovery through either an insurance claim or filing a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. Texas’s statute of limitations mandates a two-year deadline on taking legal action so please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today.
Call for Help From a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Serving El Paso
You could be entitled to financial recovery if your traumatic brain injury was caused by someone’s negligence. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you seek recovery and protect your legal rights.
For a free, no-obligation case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What To Do After A Car Accident In Houston
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- Are Drunk Driving Accidents Handled Differently Than Normal Car Accident Injury Cases?
- What Happens If You Get Hit By An Uninsured Driver In Texas?