For many people, a preventable death is hard to accept. Dealing with a loved one’s unexpected death can cause financial uncertainty and debilitating grief as the realization of losing someone sets in. When wrongful deaths happen in El Paso, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® comes to the aid of the victims.
An El Paso wrongful death lawyer from our firm is ready to help you and your family through this hard time. We will look at the facts of the situation and advise you on whether you can seek financial recovery. We will also work to instill justice for your heartbreaking loss. You can get started with a free case evaluation with a team member today.
Can You File a Wrongful Death Case in El Paso?
Our team serving El Paso can discuss your circumstances with you. We will’ll inform you of your right to file a wrongful death case and handle that case for you. You can generally pursue a wrongful death lawsuit if your loved one’s passing was preventable. Texas law explains that you may file a wrongful death case if you are:
- The decedent’s spouse
- The decedent’s child
- The decedent’s parents
Even if you are not one of these parties, you can still discuss a wrongful death case with our team. There could be unique circumstances that this statute does not address.
When Is a Wrongful Death Case Warranted in El Paso?
We will determine if one or more parties caused, contributed to, or allowed your loved one’s death. Any such parties may have been negligent. This means the parties failed to act reasonably and that their unreasonable behavior led to your loved one’s passing.
These are the general conditions that demand a wrongful death action. We sometimes see these conditions in cases involving:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Dangerous premises (including slip and fall and trip and fall accidents)
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Exposure to dangerous toxins, including but not limited to asbestos and talcum powder
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
There is no blueprint for a wrongful death case. Each client we represent presents us with a unique story of loss and suffering. It is our job to provide relief and secure the financial recovery they are entitled to receive.
Why Those Who Have Lost a Loved One Can Turn to D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® for Help in El Paso
Those who pursue a wrongful death claim should have absolute trust in their law firm. Your case has high stakes. We’re not just seeking a financial recovery to help you and your loved ones. We are also working to honor your loved one’s memory.
You can rely on D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to lead your case in El Paso because:
- We know that wrongful death cases are sensitive: Those who have’ve lost a loved one require patience and compassion. Our firm has handled many wrongful death cases, so we understand what surviving loved ones experience. You can expect our attorneys to go the extra mile to accommodate your circumstances.
- We protect you from unsettling details of the case: Those who have lost a loved one generally do no’t want to hear the details of their loved one’s passing, at least not more than once. We will handle your case with discretion, ensuring you don’t have to face any uncomfortable details.
- We hold liable parties accountable: Once we identify your damages and a fair settlement figure, we will not won’t settle for any lesser amount. Liable parties have taken someone from you, and they must be accountable.
An El Paso wrongful death lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® will allow you to grieve as you should. Don’t worry about the state of your wrongful death case. We will manage the legal process from beginning to end, as you deserve to be with your loved ones.
Former Clients Explain How Our Firm Earned Their Trust
Client testimonials can provide great insight into a firm you are’re considering for your case. Our client testimonials are hard-earned and display our firm’s commitment to victims of negligence:
- “Every time I’ve called they have been very courteous and attentive. They also answered all my questions I had regarding my case and made me feel like they truly care about my claim.” – Adrianne Frencl, client
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel Lieberg, former client
- “Finally having a team accept the challenge of giving me the justice I deserve gives me more than just hope, it makes me feel like I still have a fighting chance in going back to normalcy. I am very grateful for the opportunity this firm has given me to work together on finally receiving the justice I [deserve].” – Libby Keefe, former client
Those who want justice for the loss of a loved one should know what they’re getting from a lawyer. With these testimonials, you have a better idea of what D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® offers.
Steps We Can Take to Secure Your El Paso Wrongful Death Financial Recovery
Our lawyers, paralegals, and investigators serving El Paso will take the legal process entirely out of your hands. You can rely on us to:
- Protect your rights and preserve your loved one’s memory
- Investigate your loved one’s passing, gathering evidence and determining liability in the process
- Identify all liable parties in the case
- File your lawsuit and all supporting paperwork
- Hire any experts who can strengthen your case
- Handle all interactions with other attorneys, defendants, and insurance companies
- Negotiate a settlement
- Take your wrongful death case to trial if necessary
An attorney serving El Paso will handle every duty that your case requires.
Recoverable Damages for Wrongful Death Victims in El Paso
Recoverable losses in a wrongful death case may include lost companionship, lost parental guidance, pain and suffering, and other non-financial losses.
We’ll also consider the financial consequences of your loved one’s passing. This may include the loss of a loved one’s income (current and future), the loss of their household services, loss of work-provided benefits, medical costs, and any other financial losses you have experienced.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Our wrongful death lawyer can serve your family in this time of need. We will pursue justice for your loved one’s passing in El Paso. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today for a free case evaluation.