If your family lost one of its members in a vehicle collision, our fatal car accident lawyer serving Fort Worth can help you build a strong case for financial recovery. We can help identify the at-fault driver and prove their financial liability. We also handle the settlement negotiation process from start to finish.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we never stop fighting for your financial recovery. With our guidance and support, you can recover the expenses involved in making their final arrangements, among other things. We also take care of the details of preparing your case, including communicating with the at-fault driver and their insurance provider.
Financial Recovery in Fort Worth Fatal Car Accident Cases
Your family has our deepest condolences for the loss you experienced. You also have our commitment to helping your family fight to financial recovery.
We help your family recover the cost of:
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Their funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of their financial contributions
- Loss of their domestic contributions
We also fight for financial recovery for pain and suffering and mental and emotional anguish. We will collect various pieces of evidence, including receipts, records, and reports that validate your case and document the costs your family incurs.
Family Members Who Qualify for Financial Recovery
The loss of a loved one affects everyone who loved the decedent. While many people are impacted by the loss, Texas law only allows certain family members to recover damages via a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit.
Qualifying family members include:
- The deceased person’s spouse
- The deceased person’s children
- The deceased person’s parents
If a case has not been filed within three months of the date of the loved one’s passing, a family representative can begin legal action unless specifically instructed not to do so. Our law firm will clarify the rights of specific family members.
Leave the At-Fault Driver’s Insurance Company to Us
Most personal injury and wrongful death cases are settled out of court when the evidence points to liability. When we handle your family’s case, we will not hesitate to go to trial if needed.
We will work hard to resolve your case with a settlement, though, rather than a lengthy and uncertain trial. Our law firm will field settlement offers and review each one’s merits. Our familiarity with wrongful death and insurance law in Texas can help you avoid:
- Lowball settlement offers
- Speedy but flawed offers
- Bad faith practices
We make sure to account for your losses. We also make sure your health care team provides us with a prognosis that defines the care you will require in the future.
These are important parts of the negotiation process because they ensure your case is not undervalued or underpaid.
How Texas’ Statute of Limitations Affects Your Case
In Fort Worth, qualifying family members have a limited amount of time to file a wrongful death lawsuit. According to Texas law, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit with the statutory clock starting on the date of your loved one’s demise—even if that date differs from the date of the car accident that led to their demise.
With sufficient notice from you, we ensure compliance with the statute of limitations. Non-compliance could mean:
- You inadvertently forfeit your right and ability to file your lawsuit
- Your lawsuit will be dismissed without ever being heard
The insurance company that represents the at-fault driver is aware of the statute of limitations, so we make sure your lawsuit is filed within the allotted time.
Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyer Helps Fort Worth Families
Putting together a case file for financial recovery is a complex and detailed process. Our law firm can handle this process for you so you can concentrate on your family’s wellbeing.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our wrongful death team can:
- Obtain a copy of the car accident report
- Conduct an independent investigation
- Identify and interview accident witnesses
- Canvass the accident scene and area
- Compile and organize compelling evidence
- Negotiate a favorable financial settlement
Our law firm has been supporting surviving families since 2002. We fight hard to help families who lost loved ones in car accidents, truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, and other accidents caused by the negligence of another person or entity.
We do everything we can to ensure your case gets the time, attention, and attention to detail it needs. In short, we treat you like a family in need of support, not like a one-size-fits-all case file.
Reviews from Previous Car Accident Clients
Our car accident attorneys are committed to helping families recover from the financial impact of a sudden loss. When previous clients talk about our law firm, they leave reviews like the following:
- Diego Ramirez: “Natalie and her staff did an excellent job accommodating to my needs and walking me through each step as my case proceeded. Awesome job at communicating with your clients! Would definitely recommend!”
- Wayne Peacock: “I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.”
Our team is committed to the best possible outcome for every injury client and family we represent. Additional reviews from satisfied clients are available on our testimonials page.
Our Fatal Car Accident Lawyers Serving Fort Worth Are Here To Help
If your family lost one of its members because of a negligent driver, you could have the right to financial recovery. You do not have to pursue the at-fault driver or their insurance company without legal support. Our fatal car accident lawyer serving families in Fort Worth can build your case for financial recovery.
Find out how by contacting our case evaluation team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do if You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- What Are Punitive Damages in Texas Personal Injury Cases?
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?
- Do You Need To Hire A Lawyer To Recover Money For A Slip And Fall Injury?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?