You should not underestimate bodily injuries or property damage from even a seemingly minor car accident. Some injuries do not appear right away after a collision; car repairs can be more expensive than you thought, and most people are not prepared for these unexpected bills. There is also the possibility that you cannot work because of your injuries.
If you were involved in a car accident, you could be entitled to recover medical bills, pain and suffering, and other accident-related expenses. Our car accident lawyers in Galveston, TX invite you to call for a free case evaluation. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 or click here.
As Car Accident Lawyers in Galveston, We Recommend These Actions
Car accidents are a shock to your mind and body. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many who were injured after an auto accident. We understand that you might be filled with emotion. That is why we put together this list of helpful actions for you after the accident:
- See a medical professional as soon as possible.
- Follow his or her recommendations (for example, prescription medication or therapy).
- Keep all bills and expenses related to the car accident (doctor bills, car repairs, and other costs).
- Write a detailed account of what you remember about the accident.
- Have your auto insurance policy available to bring to your free case evaluation.
- Do not post details, photos, or comments about your accident on social media to avoid jeopardizing your case.
- Schedule your free case evaluation with our car accident lawyers in Galveston, TX as soon as possible. Please call (713) 850-8600.
We Help People Who Are Injured in All Kinds of Car Accidents
Our car accident lawyers in Galveston help people involved in all kinds of collisions. We have an extensive practice area that includes:
- DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) injuries
- Distracted driving
- Hit and run
- Rear-end, head-on, rollover, and intersection
- Defective auto parts and repairs
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck
- Uber & Lyft
- Wrongful death
How a Car Accident Lawyer in Galveston Can Help
If someone else is primarily to blame for the accident, you might qualify for compensatory damages. Two kinds of compensatory damages that could apply to you depending on your situation.
Special Damages are specific losses such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Temporary or permanent decreased earning ability
General Damages are losses that are less tangible and include:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent partial or total disability
- Mental anguish
A car accident lawyer serving Galveston, TX from our firm will assess your physical, mental, and financial well-being. He or she can help you seek recovery for your injuries and damages. To find out if you qualify for recovery, please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
You May Not Have to Sue to Recover Recovery
Sometimes, accident victims are hesitant to contact a car accident lawyer about recovery because they think they must go to court. It is our experience that many car accident cases are resolved directly with insurance companies, without the need to go to court.
A car accident lawyer will pursue recovery from the liable person’s auto insurance company. There are a few exceptions to this and they vary by case. For example, if an uninsured motorist struck your car, your lawyer would potentially seek recovery file a claim with your auto policy’s uninsured motorist coverage.
You have the legal right to file a lawsuit within two years (TX Statute of Limitations) from the date of the accident. If a car accident lawyer serving Galveston, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC cannot reach an acceptable settlement with the insurance company, you could choose this possibility. It costs nothing to discuss your legal choices with a member of our personal injury law firm. We work on a contingency basis. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Let Us Pursue Recovery While You Get Well
Our car accident lawyers in Galveston, TX will seek recovery so you can concentrate on recuperating from your injuries. We understand the process of insurance claims, negligence statutes, and other legal procedures. Our car accident lawyers know that insurance companies try to settle as inexpensively as possible. We are skilled negotiators who will do all we can to maximize your potential recovery.
We Are Local Lawyers With Deep Community Roots
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has been driven by one goal: to provide the best legal representation to injured and disabled people. We are proudly a plaintiff’s firm, who stands up to insurance companies and protects the rights of accident victims. Our team of lawyers, paralegals, investigators, and other professionals are also deeply committed to making our community a better place.
If you were injured in a car accident, you might qualify for recovery for doctor bills, property damage, and other related expenses. We invite you to call our car accident lawyers in Galveston, TX for a free case evaluation. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?