If you sustained injuries in an accident involving a commercial vehicle in Galveston, Texas, such as a delivery truck or town car, you might be entitled to financial recovery. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer can assist you in recovering damages from the liable party.
You deserve to know your legal options. A member of our team is happy to talk with you now. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
How Our Lawyers May Help You
It is understandable if you are stressed and frustrated after a commercial vehicle accident that was not your fault. You may be severely injured and unable to work, yet you still have financial responsibilities.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you recover damages for such expenses as medical treatment, lost pay, and other losses.
As our client, you may expect that our legal team will:
- Investigate the cause of your accident
- Identify all responsible parties
- Secure evidence and documentation to show liability
- Represent you to the other party’s insurance adjuster or at trial, if necessary
You do not have to face the complicated maze of insurance and legal procedures on your own. Let one of our lawyers take care of the details so you can focus on resting and getting better.
When You Should Contact Our Firm
It is easy to lose track of time after an accident has disrupted your life and left you injured. However, we recommend that you call a lawyer as soon as possible after a commercial vehicle collision, and here is why:
- Valuable evidence can wash away, erode, or be removed
- Witnesses’ memories may be unreliable as time goes on
- Texas statutes limit the amount of time that you can take legal action
Texas law allows you two years to file a personal injury lawsuit from the date you were injured. You also have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit if your loved one passed away as a result of another’s careless conduct.
We want to optimize your financial recovery, so it is best if you call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today to find out how we can help you recover damages. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Understanding Commercial Vehicle Accidents
A commercial vehicle is any type of wheeled transportation that is used solely for commercial or business purposes. An accident involving one of these vehicles can be more complex, as there can be several liable parties.
Some common types of commercial vehicles include:
- Town cars
- Motor coaches
- Construction vehicles
- Agricultural vehicles
- Fleet cars
- Taxi cabs
- And others
We Accept Many Kinds of Accidents
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to help you after any kind of accident involving you and a commercial vehicle, such as:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collision with injuries
- Rear-end accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Accidents caused by defective tires, parts, or repairs
- Road rage accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Accidents caused by cargo falling into the roadway or related issues
- And possibly more
Under Texas law, you may pursue recovery even if you played a minor role in the accident, as long as your proportion of fault is not greater than 50%. The law is complex, so it is wise to ask a lawyer about your legal options. For a free case evaluation, call us today at (713) 850-8600.
We Prove Liability to Help You Pursue Financial Recovery
If our lawyers prove that the other party is primarily responsible for your injuries, we will help you recover damages. A few conditions need to be met, including:
- Duty of care is the expected action by the other driver to avoid harming you, if reasonably possible.
- Negligence occurs when the other party breaches this duty of care, either by an act or an omission.
- Causation means that the other party’s negligence caused the accident and, therefore, your injuries.
- Damages are the financial and emotional harms and losses associated with your injuries.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help surviving family members if a loved one passed away from accident-related injuries.
Typical Damages for a Commercial Vehicle Accident Case
We cannot predict or promise what damages you could recover from the liable party. However, our firm has helped countless men, women, and families obtain financial recovery.
The most common types of damages from this kind of accident include:
- Medical treatment, including ambulance, surgery, hospital stays, imaging tests and scans, specialists, and follow-up care
- Lost wages because your injury prevented you from working
- Property damage, including car rental or temporary transportation
- Domestic costs, such as childcare if your injuries prevent you from caring for your children
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you are disabled or have a permanent medical condition related to the accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may seek additional damages, such as:
- Lost income if you cannot return to work or you must take a lesser paying job because of injuries
- Lifecare costs
- Loss of consortium
You deserve to have a strong, legal advocate by your side. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Have the Resources to Help
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled people who suffered because of someone else’s negligence. Our firm upholds the highest standards of legal and professional care.
We provide client updates via a weekly Facebook live program. In addition, clients receive:
- Personalized service from an attorney
- Regular updates on their case
- Contingency based legal representation
Call Us After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Galveston can help you pursue recovery and will protect your legal rights.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
- How Much Compensation Should You Expect For A Brain Injury Case?
- What Is The Average Settlement For A Car Accident?
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?