If someone caused your motorcycle accident, you could be entitled to compensation. You have the legal right to file a claim with the liable party’s insurance company. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Galveston, TX will help you recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, damaged property, and other expenses if you qualify. To find out if you are entitled to compensation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Our Recommendations If You Were Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
Some of our lawyers and staff are motorcycle riders. We understand the excitement of riding. We also know that some motorists are careless around motorcycles. It is far more likely that you suffered severe injuries than someone in a car or SUV. That is why it is important that you have someone to advocate for you if you are injured.
After a motorcycle accident in Galveston, you may want to:
- Get medical attention.
- If you have seen your medical provider, follow his or her recommendations.
- If you are in the hospital, make sure you receive proper follow-up care when you are released.
- Keep all medical bills, repair receipts, and other accident-related expenses.
Our Number One Recommendation for Motorcycle Accident Victims
The most important recommendation we offer our fellow riders is this: please do not talk to the insurance adjuster without first meeting with a motorcycle accident lawyer In our experience, insurance companies may try to deny, delay, or downplay your claim. We believe that a negligent motorist should be held responsible for his or her actions. To schedule your free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
The First Step to Recovering Compensation Is Determining Liability
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Galveston, TX can investigate the cause and circumstance of your accident. If another person is primarily responsible, you may be able to seek recovery of damages such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages and/or benefits
- Reduced earning potential
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Bike and other personal property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
How We Prove Negligence in a Motorcycle Accident
A motorcycle accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to determine if someone’s negligence caused your accident. Even if the other party did not intentionally mean to harm you, they can be liable for your damages.
To prove negligence, we must show that:
- The other driver or party had a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- His or her failure to act responsibly caused the accident.
- You suffered injuries caused by the accident.
- You have physical, mental, or financial damages from your injuries.
You could also qualify for damages if a defective part or negligent repair caused your motorcycle accident. We also accept cases in which the state, city, or municipality failed to fix potholes or repair other hazards that caused you injury. We are here to help. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
If You Lost a Loved One in a Motorcycle Accident
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can represent surviving family members in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, if necessary. We will evaluate your situation and how your loved one’s passing may impact your family. Our firm can file a wrongful death claim against the liable party’s insurance or file a lawsuit.
We can seek compensatory damages for you and other surviving family members that might include:
- Estimated lifetime income, benefits, and annuities had your loved one lived a normal life expectancy
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills until your loved one’s passing
- Loss of companionship, consortium, support, guidance, and protection
- Mental anguish
If a loved one passed away in a motorcycle accident, our lawyers can help. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Negotiate for the Maximum Compensation You Could Receive
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped thousands of clients recover compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages. We are skilled negotiators who will do all we can to get you compensated. We are also trial lawyers who could take your case to court if we cannot reach an acceptable settlement. Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of the accident.
Texas Roadways Can Be Dangerous for Motorcycles
According to the Texas Department of Highway Safety, 501 motorcyclists lost their lives in 2017. Fifty-two percent of these motorcyclists were not wearing a helmet. According to the National Institute of Health, the most common injuries from a motorcycle accident include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken neck or spine
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Internal bleeding and organ loss
- Broken, shattered, or crushed bones
Helmets Save Lives and Reduce Head Injury Risk
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that helmets saved the lives of 1,859 motorcyclists in 2016. The CDC also states that helmets reduce the risk of fatalities by 37 percent. They also reduce the chance of a head injury by 69 percent. We encourage you to ride safely.
To schedule a free case evaluation with our motorcycle accident lawyers in Galveston, TX, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- Do You Need To Hire A Lawyer To Recover Money For A Slip And Fall Injury?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?