Injuries from a slip and fall accident can force you to miss work. How do you pay your bills if you cannot work?
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be able to recover damages for lost pay, medical bills, and other losses. You should know your rights as an accident victim so that you may make an informed decision about seeking compensation.
Before You Call Us, Get Medical Care
Sometimes, a person is reluctant to get medical care after a slip and fall accident. This is a potentially dangerous decision. Some injuries, including whiplash and concussions, are not always apparent immediately following a slip and fall accident.
As slip and fall lawyers in Galveston, TX, we urge you to see your doctor or another healthcare provider. Our clients have suffered physical injuries from slip and fall accidents that include:
- Neck, back, and spine injuries
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Broken or fractured bones
- Torn or injured tendons
- Hand, wrist, and arm injuries
If you do not have health insurance, our slip and fall accident lawyers will seek compensation for your doctor bills and other expenses. Please keep all medical bills and other expenses. You will want to share them with a slip and fall accident lawyer in Galveston during your free case evaluation. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
How Our Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers in Galveston Help You Recover Compensation
It is likely that something caused your fall. As slip and fall lawyers in Galveston, TX, we know that these accidents usually have a cause. Sometimes it is a spill on the floor at the grocery store. Perhaps it was a cracked cement walkway. Many slip and fall accidents happen at work, too. No matter where you were when you fell, our lawyers will evaluate your accident to determine if you qualify for compensation.
We Investigate Your Slip and Fall Accident
You can help your slip and fall accident lawyer by writing down a detailed account of the accident. Be sure to include:
- Time, date, exact location, and weather conditions if applicable
- What you were doing when you fell
- Names and telephone numbers of witnesses
- Any photos or videos you may have
In addition to your account, a slip and fall accident lawyer from our firm may review:
- Police or workplace accident reports
- Witness statements
- Previous incidents or citations if the fall occurred in a business
- Your medical bills
To schedule your free case evaluation with our slip and fall accident lawyers in Galveston, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
You Could Recover Damages From the Liable Party’s Insurance Coverage
In addition to reviewing the circumstances of your slip and fall accident, a lawyer from our firm can determine who also may be liable. Business owners and homeowners should provide a safe environment for customers, visitors, and guests. Property owners should promptly repair dangerous conditions, or at least warn people about them.
It is possible to be negligent if a property owner fails to maintain a safe environment, or if he or she knows about a potential hazard but does not fix it within a reasonable period. A slip and fall accident lawyer can file a premises liability insurance claim on your behalf.
Here are some examples of negligence in a slip and fall accident, however, every case is different and dependent on a variety of factors:
- A business does not repair torn or cracked flooring.
- The aisles in a store are cluttered and difficult to walk through.
- A landlord knows about a loose handrail but does nothing about it.
A slip and fall accident lawyer in Galveston will review your individual situation when you schedule your free case evaluation. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Slip and Fall Accidents & Potential Compensation
until we look into your case. A slip and fall accident lawyer can submit an insurance claim that may include damages for:
- Medical bills such as emergency room, doctor’s appointments, tests and scans, and prescription medicine
- Ongoing treatment such as physical or rehabilitative therapy
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Texas Has a Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Lawsuits
Our slip and fall accident lawyers are skilled negotiators who will work for an acceptable insurance settlement. You may also have the option of filing a personal injury lawsuit against the liable party. You should know that Texas has a statute of limitations of two years. To schedule your free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Slip and Fall Accidents Can Result in Catastrophic Injuries
According to the National Safety Council, 9.2 million Americans needed emergency room treatment for falls in 2016. Falls are a leading factor in traumatic brain injuries, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Traumatic brain injuries can lead to paralysis, brain damage, coma, and loss of life.
Our Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers Accept Workplace Injury Cases
- Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts workers’ compensation and workplace injury cases. Please contact us at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
According to the CDC, the most common risk factors for falls in the workplace include:
- Slippery, cluttered, or unstable working or walking surfaces
- Unprotected edges
- Spills, ice, snow, and rain
- Insufficient lighting
- Misuse of ladders (i.e., ladders placed on an uneven surface, exceeding load, etc.)
- Inadequate safety and training procedures
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Does the UCLA Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover, What Are the Specifics?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- What Happens When You Get Into A Car Accident With No Insurance In Texas?
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- What Is The Average Settlement For A Car Accident?