If you or a loved one was injured in a highway accident caused by someone’s reckless or negligent act, you may be able to recover damages for your economic and emotional losses.
You have a limited time to file a personal injury lawsuit before the deadline. A highway accident lawyer in Houston with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is here to help you through this process.
How You Could Benefit from the Services of a Highway Accident Lawyer
A highway accident lawyer in Houston from our firm is ready to help with your case and provide you with responsive legal care.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can:
- Talk to the insurance company for you
- File your insurance claim for you
- Take care of all communication and negotiation for you
You can relax and focus on feeling better while a lawyer who is familiar with highway accidents handles your case.
What Our Firm Can do for You
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped numerous clients recover damages through settlements and verdicts.
We handle all kinds of highway accident cases, including those that involve:
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Drunk driving accidents with injuries
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Tire blowouts or defective tire accidents
- Road rage
- Reckless driving
- Speeding accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Multiple vehicle accidents
A highway accident attorney from our firm who understands the complexities of these cases will work tirelessly in pursuit of a financial recovery for you.
In their Own Words: Client Testimonials
- “Attorney Raghuthaman was exceptional in his representation for me. He was articulate, fair, and kept (me) informed.”
- “I’d highly recommend them!”
- “Even as I [waited] through my surgery and I wasn’t able to work, I was always able to count on D. Miller & Associates for help.”
We File Your Insurance Claim While You Rest
You may be contacted by an insurance adjuster while you are recovering from your injuries. A lawyer with our firm can speak on your behalf.
We can file your insurance claim and:
- Collect documentation of your injuries and damages
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Prepare a case for court if negotiations fall through
You have two years from the date you were injured to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas law. It takes time to build a case and prepare for court, so it is advised that you consult with our law firm as soon as possible.
Our Best Practices When Handling Your Case
Texas has specific guidelines for personal injury cases, including:
- The burden of proof is on the plaintiff (the injured party).
- Both the plaintiff and the defendant (the other party) have the right to have an attorney represent them.
- Lawsuits must be filed before the deadline (statute of limitations) runs out.
- Once you have accepted a settlement or a verdict, you cannot seek additional damages from the same party through another insurance claim or lawsuit.
We are here to help you understand your legal rights. Your case is assigned to an attorney, not an associate, and you will be given your lawyer’s cell phone number for easier communication.
Damages We Can Help You Recover
Compensatory damages for a highway accident are divided into general and special. General damages are for losses such as pain and suffering. Special damages are tangible expenses such as medical bills or reimbursement for lost wages.
Each accident case is different. You may have extensive injuries or a prolonged recovery. These factors can affect what type of damages you may recover and their worth.
Some of the more common damages associated with a highway accident include:
- Medical care and treatment (both present and future)
- Household services or childcare if you cannot take care of your children
- Lost pay for missed work because of injuries
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We may also pursue damages for disability and disfigurement if applicable.
How We Build Your Case to Seek Financial Recovery
A lawyer from our firm can work to prove the responsible party’s liability in your case by:
- Collecting evidence, testimony, and documentation of wrongdoing or liability by the other party
- Securing proof of your injuries and talking to your doctor about your prognosis
- Taking depositions from witnesses and other knowledgeable parties
- Identifying and communicating with liable parties
Conditions of Liability in a Highway Accident Case
There are four conditions of liability that must be met to seek damages for your bodily injuries:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to avoid harming you through reasonable measures, such as obeying the speed limit or not following you too closely.
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some manner, either through negligence, omission, or intent.
- This breach caused you to suffer bodily injury.
- These injuries resulted in damages that caused you emotional and economic harm.
A highway accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ works for you, not the insurance company. We treat each client with the care and attention that we would give a member of our own family.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation Today
A highway accident lawyer in Houston from our firm can help with your case. You could recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses caused by a reckless driver.
Get a free case evaluation today by calling D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. The sooner you call, the sooner we can start working for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- I Was Injured In An Accident With An 18-wheeler – Can I Sue?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- What Are the Three Types of Human Trafficking?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?