Texas roads are only as safe as their drivers. If someone ran a red light and injured you, you could be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other expenses. A Houston lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit against the driver who ran a red light and caused the accident.
When we represent you, you will have a strong legal advocate by your side throughout the aftermath of your car accident to help you fight for damages and justice. Our attorney is ready to help you with your case.
You Could Recover Damages for Medical Bills and Other Losses
When a driver runs a red light, they could strike your car from the rear, either side or head-on. You should not have to pay for someone’s reckless driving that leaves you with injuries and significant expenses.
Our lawyer who handles red light accidents that happened in Houston can help you recover damages with value-added client services, including:
- A healthcare provider’s thorough evaluation of your injuries and prognosis
- Valuation of your economic and emotional damages (medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, physical disability)
- Filing and managing an insurance claim against the other driver
- Negotiating an acceptable settlement or taking your case to court if necessary
Most injured people do not have the time or resources to manage this process alone. A car accident attorney with our firm will relieve this burden so that you can focus on your health and your loved ones.
A Lawyer Helps Prove Liability to Pursue Financial Recovery
A car accident that happens after someone runs a red light is considered a personal injury. Texas law allows personal injury victims the opportunity to pursue damages from the party or parties who caused or contributed to their injuries.
Our firm has a deep understanding of personal injury law to help you hold the other party accountable, including the four elements that must be present for a successful case:
- Duty of care: You must prove the other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid harming you.
- Breach of duty: You must show how the other party failed to uphold this duty of care for some reason, such as running a red light.
- Causation of injury: You must demonstrate that this breach of care resulted in bodily injury (or the loss of life of a loved one if you are seeking wrongful death damages).
- Economic and other damages: You must detail how these injuries created damages, such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
An attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can obtain the necessary evidence, testimony, and documentation to establish liability. Our firm has the resources and staff to build an insurance claim or prepare a court case. You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas law.
We Know How to Handle Complex Red Light Car Accidents
It is not always that simple to show how another driver harmed you by running a red light. Although red light camera video footage is helpful, sometimes it is not always available.
Attorneys who manage red light car accidents have other methods of collecting evidence. Our familiarity with this type of case is an advantage if you are frustrated or stressed about seeking damages on your own.
Call us if you or a loved one was hurt in a red-light car accident involving:
- Reckless driving
- Police pursuit
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Road rage
- 18-wheeler, semi-trucks, and large trucks
- Commercial vehicles
- Uber and Lyft vehicles
We recommend that you call for a free case evaluation before you speak to an insurance adjuster. Our lawyers can communicate with the insurance company on your behalf.
Damages You Could Recover in a Red-Light Car Accident
Damages are the economic and non-economic losses that you accrue after being injured. There is no such thing as a “minor” car accident due to the rising cost of healthcare. Your financial pressures are worsened if you cannot work while you are recuperating from your injuries.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can assess the value of your damages and seek appropriate financial recovery for:
- Medical care and treatment
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Disability or disfigurement
- Mental anguish
We always work to obtain results for our clients and look forward to helping you and your loved ones.
Injuries You Might Suffer from a Red-Light Car Accident
There were more than 10,300 motor vehicle accidents in Texas in 2019 that were caused by someone who ran a traffic light or a stop sign, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
As car accident lawyers, we have helped clients who suffered massive injuries from a red-light collision, such as:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Facial cuts or bruises
- Soft tissue injuries
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Catastrophic injuries including paralysis and loss of a bodily function
When an accident affects you or a loved one, you should not suffer twice. A lawyer with our firm who represents victims of red-light car accidents can seek damages on your behalf. This allows you to concentrate on feeling better or take care of an injured loved one.
Get a Free Case Evaluation When You Call Today
You could recover damages for injuries caused by someone running a red light. You can start with a free case evaluation to learn how our lawyer who handles red light accidents in Houston may be able to help you.
The sooner you contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, the sooner we can help with your case. Call to speak with a friendly team member today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is at Fault in a Right Turn Car Accident?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?