The news that you’ve lost a loved one unexpectedly is overwhelming. You may be working through the complications that a sudden death causes and taking care of duties, from funeral arrangements to estate-related affairs. An Irving wrongful death lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® can lead one critical matter for you: Seeking justice for your loss.
One or more parties may be legally liable for your loved one’s loss. Our firm can handle your wrongful death case with sensitivity, respect, and compassion. Nevertheless, we’ll fight to hold those liable parties accountable for the great loss they have caused.
Who Should Consider a Wrongful Death Lawsuit in Irving?
We generally advise that surviving loved ones bring a wrongful death action when negligence caused the decedent’s passing. Our team sees handles many different wrongful death case types in Irving, including:
- Fatal motor vehicle accidents
- Workplace accidents, including but not limited to, construction accidents, slip and falls, and exposure to toxic substances
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Negligent security that allows resulted in a fatal event, like a shooting, to happen
- Injuries caused by defective products
Our firm represents those who’ve lost a loved one under any negligent circumstances. When a party—individual or institution—causes fatal injury or illness, we work to hold that negligent party accountable for what they’ve taken from you.
Why Hire D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® As Your Wrongful Death Attorneys in Irving?
Our attorneys protect clients from the uncomfortable aspects of a wrongful death case. We understand that you and your loved ones may be in a fragile place—why be re-exposed to the circumstances of your loved one’s passing?
With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® representing you, the status of your wrongful death case won’t be a concern. As a full-service firm, we represent you in every aspect of the legal process.
In addition to handling your legal needs, expect the utmost compassion from our firm. Your mental and psychological wellbeing is the priority, so our team will:
- Handle your case as you prefer: Some clients prefer to receive regular case updates, while others may only want to hear about their wrongful death case when absolutely necessary. We tailor our legal approach to your wishes as a client.
- Seek fair compensation for your losses: You’ll never have to worry about if we will seek a fair settlement or judgment for you. Once we gain a full understanding of your damages, we’ll fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
- Be there for you whenever you need us: Being able to reach your lawyer inspires confidence. We understand this, so you’ll be able to reach our team at any time that you need to.
Legal representatives must understand that, in wrongful death cases, they’re not just representing the surviving loved ones. Rather, we will be representing your loved one’s memory, too. Irving wrongful death lawyers from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® take this responsibility seriously.
Get The Client’s View of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®
Testimonials offer you a view into what life as a client of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® looks like:
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel Lieberg, former client
- “These lawyers are great and I would recommend them to anyone. They keep me updated and don’t take a dime until I win.” – Heather Fun, former client
- “Great firm and they follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim. I would highly recommend.” – Kiana Skyy, former client
Who you choose as your wrongful death attorney is important. You and your loved one deserve a lawyer who former clients speak highly of, like the attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®.
Recoverable Damages in an Irving Wrongful Death Case
A wrongful death case is about achieving justice for your loved one. Additionally, we want your lawsuit to provide the financial support you will need to move your life forward. Any financial recovery we get for you may cover:
- The decedent’s medical expenses: If the decedent received any medical services whatsoever before their passing, we can include their medical costs in your wrongful death action.
- Funeral expenses: Your financial recovery may include the cost of your loved one’s funeral, burial, or cremation.
- Pain and suffering: The American Psychological Association (APA) explains that time is the only antidote for grief. You and your loved ones may experience pain and suffering for the foreseeable future and may need various forms of treatment. We can seek coverage for treatment and the pain and suffering itself.
- Loss of consortium: This class of damage covers the unique benefits that the decedent provided—the love and guidance of a parent, the companionship of a spouse, the duties they performed for their household, and other contributions.
- Lost financial support: You may deserve coverage for any lost financial support resulting from the decedent’s passing. This may include income lost already, future income loss, and any other sources of financial support the decedent provided.
The details of each wrongful death case in Irving are unique, and we customize our legal services to the circumstances of your situation. If you have any other damages specific to your loved one’s passing, we’ll include those in your legal case.
How Our Firm Will Help With Your Wrongful Death Case In Irving
Our legal team in Texas treats every case as a blank slate, building the relationship with the client from the ground up. We do, however, handle many similar duties for our Irving wrongful death clients, including:
- Answering the questions you have about the legal process and how we can assist you
- Identifying those liable for wrongful death
- Creating a complete record of the client’s damages
- Handling all case-related paperwork and communications
- Seeking a fair settlement based on your damages
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
We deal with insurance companies, other lawyers, and other parties so that you don’t have to during a sensitive time. We want you to have the space you need to process the pain that comes with losing a loved one.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to Discuss Your Irving Wrongful Death Case at No Cost
We encourage prospective clients to call as soon as possible. You may be managing many different responsibilities right now, so the sooner you call our firm, the sooner you can mark “hold liable parties accountable” off your “to do” list.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today for your free case evaluation, and we’ll explain more about how an Irving wrongful death lawyer from our team can fight for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Truck Accident Settlements Worth in Texas?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- Do You Have to File a Lawsuit to Recover Damages From an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What Do I and My Lawyer Need to File Against UCLA for Sexual Abuse?
- Can You Recover Money for Lost Earnings After a Car Accident?