If a truck driver caused your Lubbock, TX motor vehicle accident, you may be able to pursue a financial recovery based on the facts of your case. Your recovery could include a wide range of economic and non-economic damages. An attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ serving northwest Texas will evaluate your case for free. Let us help you understand your rights after an 18-wheeler accident.
Call us today to discuss your accident with an 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer serving Lubbock from our team. If we believe we can secure the necessary evidence to support your claim, we can file an insurance claim on your behalf. We may be able to file your claim and negotiate a financial recovery without having to take your case to trial.
18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents in Lubbock and Northwest Texas
Lubbock, Texas earned the nickname “Hub City” because of the numerous highways and interstates used for transportation leading in and out of the city. (Lubbock Economic Development Alliance) These include:
- Interstate 27
- Marsha Sharp Freeway
- United States (U.S.) Highway 62
- U.S. Highway 82
- U.S. Highway 84
- U.S. Highway 87
- State Highway 114
These roads all support a high level of 18-wheeler, semi truck, and tractor-trailer traffic. When the driver of one of these large trucks acts negligently and causes an accident, the occupants of passenger cars often pay the price. If this happened to you, you may be able to file an insurance claim or lawsuit to seek a financial recovery.
Texas law makes it possible for us to hold the driver’s employer liable in many of these cases under a doctrine known as respondeat superior. Respondeat superior is a legal theory that says an employer is directly or vicariously liable or has a responsibility for the acts of others (referring to their employees).
Texas case law applies respondeat superior in automobile negligence cases when both of the following are true (The Yale Law Journal):
- The truck driver was an employee of the trucking company at the time of the accident.
- The truck driver was working and engaged in actions that were within the “course and scope” of their job when the accident occurred.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyers serving Lubbock can help you understand if it may be possible to hold the truck driver’s employer vicariously liable for your accident injuries and damages. Our case evaluations are always free, and you can call us today to learn more about your legal options.
Additional Potentially Liable Parties
Some truck accident cases might involve multiple negligent parties. The driver and his employer might not be the only liable parties in your 18-wheeler or semi truck accident. The company that built the truck could bear some liability if your accident was caused by a manufacturing or design flaw or defect.
If this is a possible cause of your accident, our investigation will include:
- A detailed inspection of the truck, if possible
- A consultation with a trucking industry expert
The company that built your truck’s parts could also bear liability. If a component of the truck caused it to fail, we can hold its maker responsible for that component. This includes flawed or faulty:
- Brakes that prevent the driver from stopping effectively
- Windshield wipers that inhibit the driver’s visibility
- Couplings that jeopardize the truck’s cab and cargo container
We will thoroughly investigate the cause of your accident. Our goal is to identify the at-fault party or parties and assign full or partial responsibility according to the degree of negligence and responsibility.
Seeking Financial Recovery After a Lubbock Truck Accident
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our 18-wheeler and semi truck attorneys serving Lubbock may be able to help you pursue a financial recovery based on the facts of your case. All you have to do to get started and learn more about your options is to call for your free case evaluation.
Since 2002, our legal team has helped 18-wheeler and semi truck accident victims seek and secure recoveries. If we represent you, we will:
- Handle your insurance claim and all related communication
- Allow you to focus on your treatment and healing, but keep you up-to-date about your case
- Answer all questions and address your concerns, remaining accessible to you throughout the process
- Secure the evidence necessary to prove your claim and build a strong case
- File a lawsuit and take your case to trial if it becomes necessary
While there are no guarantees and every case is different, we can often secure a financial recovery for our clients without having to take their cases to court. Insurance companies are often willing to negotiate in good faith, and we may be able to recover damages on your behalf through this process.
Hearing From Clients We Supported in the Past
The law firm you choose is an important part of your truck accident case. When they talk about the service and support they received from our personal injury law firm, previous clients say:
- Wayne Peacock: “I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm…”
- Sherry Creech: “They are very in depth, professional, flawless responsibility to each client…Making one feel at ease and comfortable throughout the entire ordeal. What an exceptional experience…Recommend D. MILLER and ASSOCIATES PLLC to All that need a hardworking dedicated team of professionals when in need of rebuilding their own lives.”
Our team will work just as hard for you. We will ensure you get the time and attention your case needs and fight hard for the best possible outcome for you.
Financial Recovery in a Lubbock 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Case
Financial recovery in a Lubbock truck accident case could include many expenses and losses. These can vary from case to case, but some common recoverable damages include:
- Medical treatment, ongoing care, and related costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Reduced earning ability because of permanent injuries
- Property damage, including to your vehicle
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- And possibly more
Wrongful Death Actions After a Lubbock Truck Accident
In some cases, immediate family members of those who passed away may be able to pursue a recovery through a wrongful death action. Our 18-wheeler and semi truck attorneys serving Lubbock can help you understand how this process works and evaluate if your family may qualify. We know that no amount of financial recovery can bring your loved one back or ease your grief, but it can help relieve your financial stress.
While your family copes with its loss, we start building your case. The wrongful death damages you can recover include:
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses prior to their demise
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of financial and familial support
- Loss of companionship and consortium
Our team will help you build an evidence file that proves the accident was the immediate or eventual cause of your loved one’s demise. We will also ensure your case receives an accurate valuation and fight for your family’s right to recovery.
The Texas Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases
Texas law generally gives victims of negligent accidents, such as motor vehicle accidents, two years to take legal action. While it is not always necessary to file a personal injury lawsuit to secure financial recovery in a truck accident case, we need to ensure you retain the right to do so and retain the necessary leverage to negotiate with the insurance company.
Like a personal injury case, a potential wrongful death lawsuit also has a limited filing time, according to Texas law. We will clarify the amount of time you have to take legal action and explain any factors of your accident that might change the general timeline. Our team will make sure your case is filed on time if it cannot be resolved before the statute of limitations expires.
Reach out to discuss your case with a member of our team as soon as possible after your injuries stabilize. If we are going to handle your insurance claim, we need to take action quickly to secure the evidence to support your case.
Talk to an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Attorney’s Team Serving Lubbock
If you suffered injuries in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident in Lubbock or greater Lubbock County, an 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can evaluate your case for free today. Reach out to us to discuss your case with a member of our team, and we may be able to go to work securing evidence quickly.
Call us today for your complimentary consultation. If we believe you have a strong case for financial recovery following your Lubbock truck accident, we can handle your insurance claim. Let us evaluate the general facts of your case today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- Can Medicare Take My Entire Personal Injury Recovery Settlement?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- What Is the Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- What Are Slip and Fall Injury Cases Worth in Texas?