A commercial truck accident lawyer serving Lubbock could handle your claim if you were injured in a collision involving one of these vehicles. These accidents can cause devastating wounds with lasting impairment that can affect your quality of life and your ability to support yourself through employment.
When you work with a truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® on your claim, you get to take the time you need to recuperate because we take care of your legal matters. We work tirelessly to get our clients all the financial recovery they deserve for getting hurt due to the negligence of someone else. You do not have to go through this process alone, we can be there with you every step of the way.
Services a Commercial Truck Accident Attorney Serving Lubbock, TX Can Provide
If we take your commercial truck accident injury case, you can count on receiving services like these:
- We investigate your case to learn as much as we can about what happened and who was responsible for the collision.
- We will speak with you and answer all your questions. We pride ourselves on being freely accessible to our clients.
- We analyze the liability issues and sort out conflicts when there are multiple parties and insurance companies.
- We compile the documents we need to build your case for financial recovery for your losses.
- We provide the information the insurance company needs to evaluate your claim instead of you having to respond to their demands.
- We negotiate directly with the insurance company to try to reach a settlement of your injury case.
- If appropriate, we file a lawsuit and take the case to trial.
On any given case, we provide additional services tailored to the specific needs of our client’s situation.
Four Steps to Take After a Lubbock Commercial Truck Accident
Every case is different, and you should do what makes sense in your situation. That said, here are some suggestions that you might want to consider after getting hurt in a Lubbock commercial truck accident:
- Call the police immediately from the site of the accident. If any of the vehicles try to leave, you could snap a photograph on your cell phone or jot down the license plate number for the police. Also, you will want to get the names, insurance, and contact information of all the parties involved.
- Get medical attention right away. Your medical records will provide an objective assessment of your injuries’ severity and extent. Also, getting examined by a trauma specialist could uncover wounds that have not yet developed noticeable symptoms but could quickly become a medical emergency.
- Talk to a commercial truck accident lawyer about your legal options. The earlier you talk to an attorney, the more chance they have of finding evidence that could be useful in proving causation and other factors in your injury claim.
- Complete your medical treatment as prescribed by your treating physician. You do not want to give the at-fault party an excuse to reduce your settlement based on an allegation that you might have healed better with the full treatment plan.
There will, of course, be much more guidance we can give you if you become a client of the firm.
Read What Our Clients Say About How We Helped Them
We could tell you all day long how hard we work and the great results we get, but we think that you would rather hear what our clients say about us. For example:
“Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” D.L.
Come find out why our clients write such glowing testimonials.
The Average Settlement in Truck Accident Injury Claims
There really is no such thing as an average settlement in truck accident injury claims because settlement amounts usually do not get reported publicly. Instead, we can explain the types of damages for which a person might seek financial recovery after getting injured in a truck collision that someone else caused through negligence.
Some of the common types of recoverable damages in these claims are:
- Medical expenses. The reasonable cost of the treatment you needed for your wounds is usually recoverable. We can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, hospital, surgery, diagnostic procedures, physical therapy, and prescription drugs in this category.
- Long-term care. Truck collisions often cause devastating injuries. After suffering severe head trauma, for example, the injured person might need to move into a long-term care facility like a nursing home, to receive the daily assistance they need with medical treatment and personal care.
- Lost income. This category represents wages you did not get paid while you were away from the job recuperating from your wounds. Lost income can encompass wages, salary, self-employment income, and other types of usual and customary income.
- Pain and suffering damages cover the inconvenience, physical discomfort, and emotional distress of getting injured.
Your family might be able to recover additional damages if your close relative did not survive their injuries from a Lubbock commercial truck accident.
The Filing Deadline for Your Lubbock Commercial Truck Accident Injury Case
You might not have had to learn about the filing deadlines, also called statutes of limitations, in our state before getting injured in a commercial truck collision. Texas law limits you to two years to file a personal injury lawsuit seeking recovery for your losses from the negligent party who caused the accident. Also, under Texas law, the deadline for filing a wrongful death case is also two years if your close relative did not survive the accident.
When the statute of limitations expires, the law will bar you from holding the at-fault party accountable for your losses. Because you cannot sue them at that point, the insurance company will stop negotiating with you.
One of the many benefits of working with commercial truck accident lawyers is that we keep track of procedural rules like the statutes of limitations that apply in your case.
How to Find a Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Lubbock, TX
- Miller & Associates, PLLC® launched in 2002, serving the needs of people who get injured due to the negligence of others, including commercial truck accidents. You can contact us today to get started on your Lubbock County case.