Have you lost a loved one in Lubbock because of someone’s negligence? Even if you only believe that a loved one’s passing was wrongful, a wrongful death lawyer serving Lubbock from our firm can explore your options.
D.Miller & Associates, PLLC® is a full-service law firm. You can leave the entire legal process to us while you spend time with your family.
We Encourage You To Consider Prompt Legal Help
You can take all the time in the world you need to grieve. However, you have a limited time to pursue legal action via the civil court system. Texas law notes that you generally have two years to file a lawsuit. This period begins from the date of your loved one’s passing––not from the date of their accident.
Some factors may even shorten your filing period. For instance, if you want to sue a government agency, you could have less than one year to file. When you connect with our team, we can discuss your case’s filing deadline, along with your other concerns.
Why Hire a Lawyer for a Wrongful Death Action in Lubbock?
We don’t need to tell you how overwhelming a sudden loss can be—you already know. Our wrongful death attorneys provide relief to those who are grieving in Lubbock. We help by taking their cases off their hands, allowing them to focus fully on their well-being.
You may want to have D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® help you in the same way. Financial recovery can be very important, but so is your emotional and psychological recovery. We’ll handle the former, so you can focus on the latter.
By hiring a lawyer from our firm, you will:
- Have all the time you need to spend with loved ones, get counseling, and cope with your loss—rather than dealing with the details of your case
- Allow our attorneys, who have extensive experience with wrongful death cases, to seek the financial recovery you deserve
- Get the benefit of our paralegals, investigators, and experts
There are few things more difficult than a wrongful death. Our firm wants to make this time in your life just a bit easier.
What Sets D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® Apart from Other Firms Serving Lubbock?
The attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® treat each case as if it is the most important case we’ve ever handled. This approach means that our clients feel respected, heard, and fought for. Just read how our former clients feel about our legal team:
- “These lawyers are great and I would recommend them to anyone. They keep me updated and don’t take a dime until I win.” – Heather Fun
- “The staff here are genuinely concerned about what is going on in our lives. They have walked me through every step and I sincerely appreciate their helpfulness.” – Shelley Flynt Bradley
- “I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” – Wayne Peacock
These are just a few examples of clients we’ve helped. We’re ready to help you, too.
Expect regular case updates as we fight for your financial recovery. When you need to reach your wrongful death lawyer serving Lubbock, you’ll be able to. Following a loved one’s passing, you deserve compassionate, tenacious legal representatives. That’s what we aim to provide.
What Are the Recoverable Damages in a Lubbock Wrongful Death Case?
Recoverable damages in your wrongful death case may include:
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering accounts for your mental trauma after losing a loved one. Texas law generally does not limit how much you can seek for pain and suffering.
- Non-economic losses: In addition to pain and suffering, a wrongful death can cause several other non-economic damages. The loss of companionship, parental guidance, and household contributions are all recoverable losses.
- Lost financial support: This damage may be especially substantial if the decedent was a primary wage earner. If you have lost any form of financial support because of a wrongful death in Lubbock, we’ll seek a financial recovery that reflects that lost support.
- Funeral expenses: Liable parties may cover your loved one’s funeral service and burial, which can be quite expensive.
- End-of-life medical expenses. Your loved one may have required health care before their passing. Financial recovery can account for hospice, life support, and other related costs.
Our team will consider the entire picture of your loved one’s passing. If they passed away from a car accident, we may seek coverage for property damage. Details, including the cause of your loved one’s passing, matter.
Services a Wrongful Death Lawyer from Our Team Will Provide
Wrongful death actions can be unfamiliar territory for our clients. Our team will walk you through our legal strategy, and we will handle every step of the claims process. We help wrongful death claimants like you by:
Identifying the parties who’ve caused your loved one’s passing
- Gathering evidence of the liable parties’ negligence
- Documenting all of your damages
- Dealing with insurance companies and other attorneys
- Leading settlement negotiations
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
The investigation is a particularly important step in any case. During this stage, we may gather evidence (like witness accounts, the police report, and video footage) to gain a full understanding of your case.
Evidence and documentation can lay a strong foundation for your claim. We will use these objective materials as we fight for a fair financial recovery.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® for a Free, No-Obligation Case Evaluation
You may not realize the full value of a wrongful death lawyer until your case is complete. Trust us, though; we provide services that you may find valuable.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?
- Can I Sue for Pregnancy Complications Following a Car Accident?
- What Should I Do if I Notice Symptoms of Whiplash After a Car Accident?