It is helpful to have a lawyer serving McAllen from our team as your personal legal advocate following an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident. You can focus on feeling better while our attorneys gather evidence, file an insurance claim, and protect your rights.
If you suffered injuries as a passenger, pedestrian, or motorist because of a careless Uber or Lyft operator, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you seek damages for your medical expenses, lost pay, and other losses.
How a Lawyer From our Team Can Help You
An accident involving an Uber or Lyft rideshare vehicle is more complicated than other types of car accidents. Uber or Lyft’s million-dollar insurance policies might not cover your damages.
It may be in your best interest to ask a lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ who is familiar with these kinds of cases.
After an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident, a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ lawyer serving McAllen can help you with your case in many ways, including:
- Assessing your injuries and damages with an objective perspective
- Establishing the other party’s liability
- Filing an insurance claim
- Negotiating a settlement
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf
We will first negotiate a settlement that covers your damages. If the other party will not negotiate a fair settlement, an attorney with our firm will file a personal injury lawsuit to compel the defendant into accountability.
What is My Uber or Lyft Rideshare Accident Case Worth?
Each case is different in terms of injuries and damages. Usually, the more extensive your injuries, the greater your damages may be worth.
However, other factors can affect your case’s worth, including:
- Whether you will have a permanent disability, medical condition, or disfigurement
- Whether you can return to working for your previous pay
- Whether the at-fault party was legally intoxicated or otherwise incapacitated
An attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you understand how much your case could be worth and help you financially recover. Our legal team puts our considerable resources and knowledge to work for you.
Damages You Could Recover From an Uber or Lyft Accident
Recoverable damages are what you could recover if you suffer injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident that was not your fault. Our team does not want you to suffer financially when someone else caused you physical and emotional harm.
An Uber or Lyft accident lawyer from our firm will pursue damages based on your injuries and losses. These damages might include:
- Ambulance, emergency room care, and medical tests
- Surgery and hospitalization
- Prescription medicine
- Rehabilitative or follow-up care
- Lost pay for the time you missed from work because of your injuries
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
File a Personal Injury Lawsuit By the Deadline
Texas law permits a personal injury victim to file a lawsuit within two years of the date of injury. If you wait and miss this deadline, the court will most likely dismiss your case. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can tell you how much time you have left.
It takes time to compile evidence, collect proof of damages, and prepare a court case. While some cases settle out of court, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can bring your case before a judge or jury.
How our Attorneys Pursue Damages From the Liable Party
Our rideshare accident lawyers use facts to show how the other party likely caused your injuries and is responsible for your financial damages.
There are four basic steps in proving liability. You must:
- Establish that the other party owed you a duty of care to take the same reasonable measures that another person would take to avoid harming you.
- Demonstrate how the other party breached this duty of care in some manner, either by a reckless act or failure to act.
- Show how this breach caused you (or a loved one) to suffer bodily injury.
- Provide details on how these injuries caused you to suffer damages in the form of injuries, medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
Our lawyers dig deep to uncover evidence, documentation, and testimony that supports your case. We use these facts to submit a detailed letter of demand to the insurance company.
Necessary Evidence to Show Liability
Today’s vehicles have digital information systems that provide valuable evidence in an Uber and Lyft accident case. An attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can also use accident reconstruction to determine if the at-fault driver accelerated, braked, or turned just before impact.
A rideshare accident lawyer from our firm obtains other types of evidence to bolster your claim of negligence, such as:
- Surveillance video
- Photos of the accident scene, debris, final place of vehicles, and other photographic data
- Witness statements
- Police or accident reports
- Medical reports on your injuries
- Information on the driver, including prior incidents and drug test results
Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies must follow laws to help protect passengers and motorists from unsafe or unlicensed drivers. If the company fails in this obligation, we can use proof of their recklessness in your case’s favor.
Will Uber or Lyft Cover Your Damages?
Here is a quick reference to understanding how insurance coverage works when you suffer injuries in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident:
- Uber or Lyft liability insurance protects you if the driver injures you while the app is on and they are awaiting ride requests, picking up, transporting, and completing ride requests.
- If the app is off, you could file an insurance claim against the driver’s personal auto coverage.
Get a Free Case Evaluation Today
You have a short time to pursue damages following an Uber and Lyft rideshare accident, and a lawyer serving McAllen from our team can help. Call for a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™.