All car accidents are difficult to deal with. However, when the at-fault driver is intoxicated, it can be even more frustrating knowing that your pain and financial hardships were caused by someone’s poor choice to drive under the influence of alcohol.
If you are the victim of a drunk driving accident, it’s wise to seek the advice of a drunk driving accident & injury lawyer serving McAllen, Texas. Our personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® know how to push back against insurance companies and fight for a fair settlement. When you need a hero, we can be there for you.
You Can Seek Damages After a Drunk Driving Accident in McAllen
In Texas, you can seek financial damages from the at-fault party after a drunk driving accident. These damages may include:
Economic damages cover any financial costs you incurred because of the accident, such as:
.Medical bills, including medications and long-term therapy
- Car repairs or replacement
- Lost wages
- Lost future earning capacity
Non-economic damages are also permitted in Texas. These include intangible losses such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of household services
Wrongful Death Damages
According to Spectrum News, Texas has the country’s fourth-highest drunk driving fatality rate. Per the Texas Department of Transportation, 914 people lost their lives in Texas in 2019 alone due to a drunk driver. Twelve of the fatal drunk driving crashes that year occurred in Hidalgo County.
If you lost a loved one in a McAllen drunk driving accident, we extend our deepest condolences. Our drunk driving attorneys can help you seek wrongful death damages, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of household income
- Loss of companionship and parental guidance
Proving Negligence in a McAllen Drunk Driving Case
To secure a financial award in your drunk driving case, your lawyer serving McAllen must prove the four legal elements of negligence:
- Duty of care – All drivers are responsible for protecting other drivers on the road by diving carefully and cautiously.
- Breach of duty – If someone chooses to drink and drive, they are breaching their duty of care to others under Texas law. If our team can demonstrate that the other driver had a blood alcohol content greater than the legal limit of 0.08, we can prove this element of negligence.
- Causation – Your lawyer will work to prove that the drunk driver’s breach of duty of care caused your accident.
- Damages – We will also work to prove you suffered injuries and other damages as a result.
To prove these four elements of negligence, your drunk driving accident & injury lawyer serving McAllen will gather all available evidence. For example, we can:
- Gather medical records
- Collect police reports
- Interview and record eyewitness statements
- Review photographic evidence
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists
- Request any available surveillance
- Subpoena phone records
- Request blood alcohol test results
- Hire expert medical witnesses to share testimony
After collecting and submitting all relevant evidence, we can also:
- Negotiate on your behalf with the insurance company
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Our Drunk Driving Accident Attorneys Serving McAllen Have a Record of Success
We thrive on being successful in and out of the courtroom. We work hard to stand by our clients and give back to the community that supports us. In doing so, we have been the grateful recipients of many awards and memberships, including:
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Certified Who’s Who Top Attorneys of North America
- Named in Top 100 – The National Trial Lawyers
- Excellence Award for Small Business Community Association
- 10 Best Award for Client Satisfaction, 2017-2018 from the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
What Our Clients Say About Us
We love when our clients call us their heroes. Our team members get great satisfaction from using their skills to help others.
We are pleased to receive many positive reviews from former clients, such as these:
- “I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” – Wayne P.
- “Finally having a team to reach back out and accept the offer to help me has felt life changing and I am beyond grateful for this firm. Thank you.” – Elizabeth K.
- “The staff here are genuinely concerned about what is going on in our lives. They have walked me through every step, and I sincerely appreciate their helpfulness.” – Shelley B.
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future. – Daniel L.
- “I’m so happy I hired D Miller and Associates. Nashira guided me through the entire medical process during my case. She helped calm my anxiety and the end result was GREAT! I will highly recommend this firm.” – Blanca R.
Our Attorneys Stand Up for Drunk Driving Victims in McAllen
Our drunk driving injury attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® are determined to fight for the rights of those injured due to another person’s negligence in McAllen. Our legal team will fight methodically and aggressively to get you a fair financial award that covers all your accident-related losses.
Our drunk driving accident & injury lawyers serving McAllen can help you understand all your legal options and guide you through each step of your insurance claim or lawsuit. We’ll put your needs first as we pursue your damages vigorously and not settle for an award that is less than what you deserve. Contact us today for your free case evaluation.