Most accidents happen because of inattention, distraction, and other driver errors, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) website. In other words, most accidents are caused by negligence: the failure of a person to take reasonable measures to perform or react according to what is expected in a specific situation.
If you or a loved one was hurt by someone’s negligence, a motorcycle rider negligence accident lawyer serving McAllen from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ might be able to help you recover damages for your losses. It is your right to talk to a lawyer if you have questions about filing an insurance claim, accepting a settlement, or taking the other party to court.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer From our Firm Can Help You
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped many injured people recover damages through settlements and judgments. We understand how a motorcycle accident can create instant and long-lasting havoc in your life. It is our mission to help you and your loved ones with proactive, personalized legal care that includes:
- A free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, or by phone or video chat
- Consistent updates about your case
- Protecting your information with privileged communication that stays confidential between you and your attorney
Damages that May Be Awarded in a Motorcycle Accident Case
There are a few types of damages that may be recovered after a motorcycle accident. An attorney from our firm can evaluate your damages and seek recovery for them.
The damages in your case may include:
- Medical care and treatment, including surgery, hospitalization, specialists, medical tests, and rehabilitation
- Lost pay for the time you were out of work
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
You should not continue to suffer because of someone’s negligence or wrongdoing. We will fight for damages and justice as if you were a member of our family.
We Accept Many Types of Motorcycle Rider Negligence Accidents
Our lawyers are familiar with all types of motorcycle and motor vehicle accidents, including those caused by:
- Distracted drivers
- Unsafe lane change accidents
- Drunk drivers
- Sleepy drivers
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Sideswipe accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Ejection accidents
You do not have to face the difficult task of seeking financial damages alone. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can be by your side to protect your rights and pursue justice on your behalf.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
An accident caused by a negligent motorcycle can cause significant injuries to anyone involved in the collision, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
We urge you to seek immediate medical treatment and follow your healthcare provider’s instructions after your accident. You can focus on feeling better when you allow our firm to help you seek damages.
Pursuing Damages with an Insurance Claim
According to the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI), all drivers in Texas must carry insurance that is designed to cover damages for accidents they cause. These damages include medical care and property damage.
A motorcycle rider negligence accident lawyer from our firm can take care of the details needed to file, manage, and track an insurance claim for you. Many motorcycle accident claims are successfully resolved without the need to file a lawsuit and go to court.
An Attorney From our Firm Can File, Track, and Manage Your Claim
This process includes:
- Compiling all evidence, testimony, and documentation to show how the other party’s negligence caused your injuries.
- Assessing the economic and non-economic damages because of these injuries.
- Filing a detailed claim with proof of injuries and damages.
- Negotiating for a settlement.
Your attorney will protect your rights throughout this process. Hiring a lawyer from our firm to pursue damages from the insurance company may also allow you to take the time you need to recover from your injuries.
Pursuing Damages By Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Often, our first attempt at pursuing damages for our clients is through an insurance claim, and we proceed to a personal injury lawsuit if necessary. In our experience, one or more of the following may happen that lead to filing a lawsuit:
- Your damages exhaust the limits of the insurance coverage.
- Your claim is denied by the insurance company.
- The insurance company offers an inadequate settlement given the extent and severity of your injuries.
If a motorcycle rider negligence accident lawyer serving McAllen from our firm cannot negotiate for a settlement that is acceptable to you, they can file a personal injury lawsuit to seek judgment from the court.
The Clock Starts Ticking From the Date of Your Injury
Texas law imposes a general two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits that starts on the date you were injured. Missing this deadline could mean that you lose your right to sue.
There may be circumstances in your case that alter this general deadline or require you to take action even sooner. Our firm can help you understand what specific deadlines and legal obligations apply to your case.
Call for a Free Case Evaluation Today
The sooner you call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, the sooner a motorcycle rider negligence accident lawyer serving McAllen from our firm can start helping you with your case.
Call for a free case evaluation today with a member of our team. This is an opportunity for you to ask us questions about your legal options and learn more about our services.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Pain And Suffering Include Medical Bills?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- Can I Sue If I Was A Passenger In A Car Accident In Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?