Traumatic brain injuries have different causes, but negligence is often a factor. A Missouri City traumatic brain injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has a deep understanding of what is required to show liability in these cases. Our firm will aggressively pursue financial recovery on your behalf. This allows you to rest and focus on getting better.
We are ready to help you now. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Handle Your Insurance Claim
There are many requirements in a traumatic brain injury case. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers have successfully recovered damages for countless people in similar accidents. We take care of the complex processes in filing an insurance claim, such as:
- Gathering evidence that your injury was caused by negligence
- Naming all liable parties who may be held accountable for your injuries or damages
- Compiling all bills and expenses
- Establishing a value for your damages
- Communicating and negotiating for a fair settlement
Under Texas Civil Code Sec. 16.003, you have two years from the date of the injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please keep in mind that many lawsuits are the result of a defendant or an insurance carrier who will not negotiate a fair settlement or denies your claim. A traumatic brain injury lawyer needs time to build a strong, detailed case.
We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Let us handle all the details while you recover. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn more.
How a Traumatic Brain Injury Occurs
A traumatic brain injury occurs when you are hit in the head or when your head is violently shaken. You may have a skull fracture that may need immediate surgery to relieve swelling of the brain. Untreated brain injuries can lead to permanent brain damage and loss of cognitive and physical abilities.
In our experience, many traumatic brain injuries happen from:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents
- Truck, 18-wheeler, and semi truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Acts of violence
- Contact sports
- Workplace injuries
It is up to a Missouri City traumatic brain injury lawyer to examine the details of your case to identify the liable party. You have the right to seek financial recovery if someone acted or failed to act in a way that caused you harm.
We Find Fault by Examining Evidence
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped countless injured and disabled people with a careful process that usually includes several of these actions:
- Analyzing evidence that may include police reports, witness statements, medical records, medical test and lab results, photos, videos, and other documentation.
- Securing expert testimony from medical professionals on the extent and severity of your injuries, and your expected prognosis.
- Calculating damages based upon the evidence and testimony to include current and future losses, such as rehabilitation therapy or vocational training if your injuries prevent you from returning to your occupation.
How to Determine Negligence
Once our lawyers, investigators, and other team members have examined the circumstances of your case, we apply certain conditions to determine if the other party is liable.
These conditions are:
- Duty of care or a responsibility on the part of the defendant to take reasonable measures to avoid injuring you.
- Breach of care or negligence if the defendant failed to take reasonable measures.
- Causation, this negligence caused you to suffer bodily injury.
- Damages including medical bills, pain and suffering, or disability.
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Missouri City will establish the tenets above to help you seek financial recovery. For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, call (713) 850-8600.
Recovery Takes Time and Is Costly
Our lawyers understand the tremendous pressure on a traumatic brain injury victim’s family when it comes to medical care. According to a Northwestern University study, a traumatic brain injury can result in prolonged or permanent changes in a person’s physical, emotional, and cognitive health. Some of the long-term effects of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Impaired reasoning, memory, and thinking
- Problems with vision and/or hearing
- Speech impediments
- Drastic changes to personality and emotional health
There are many medical professionals, organizations, and support groups to help a traumatic brain injury victim. However, many are costly and place a huge burden on a family’s quality of life.
We Are Relentless When Pursuing Recovery
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC understand that seeking financial recovery is important for you and your family. That is why we are professional, yet relentless when it comes to getting the recovery you deserve for a traumatic brain injury.
The type of damages that you may recover depend upon the extent of your injuries and the length of recuperation, but they typically include:
- Ambulance and emergency care
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages
- Reduced income ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lifecare costs
- Loss of consortium
It is important that you save all your receipts and associated costs to give to your attorney. If you are ready to begin seeking financial recovery for you or a family member, call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Is Here to Help
In addition to being strong legal advocates for traumatic brain injury plaintiffs, our firm is committed to helping those afflicted by this condition. If someone’s negligence caused you or a family member to suffer a traumatic brain injury, please call a Missouri City traumatic brain injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- What You Should Do After A Dog Bite In Houston?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?