Catastrophic injuries alter the lives of victims. These injuries can include a range of debilitating conditions, like paralysis or a traumatic brain injury (TBI). In some cases, these injuries result from the negligence of another party.
If someone else was responsible for your catastrophic injuries, you can pursue financial recovery. A catastrophic injury lawyer serving Waco from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can handle the legal legwork while you rest. We provide individual care to our clients and understand that you’re going through a difficult time.
What Causes Catastrophic Injuries in Waco?
A range of accidents can cause catastrophic injuries. Our firm has supported clients after they’ve suffered from:
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Defective medication
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Slip and fall
- Other personal injury accidents
Don’t worry if you don’t see the cause of your accident. We can explain how we can help during a free case evaluation.
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Serving Waco Can Pursue Appropriate Financial Recovery
Catastrophic injuries are traumatic events. They can prevent you from working and oftentimes come with a host of medical expenses. Damages, both economic and non-economic, can reimburse you for your losses.
Economic damages account for the financial losses you’ve suffered from. They include:
- Medical expenses
- Funeral expenses if you are filing for the loss of a loved one
- Property damages
- Reduction in earning capacity
Non-economic damages are less tangible. They reimburse you for the ways that your accident impacted you emotionally:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- The loss of a close personal relationship, if your accident involved the passing of a loved one
How Much Will My Financial Recovery Be?
The type and severity of your injuries will contribute to the value of your case, as will the non-economic damages you’ve suffered from. Similarly, these factors can affect how much you receive:
- The type of insurance the liable party carried
- Whether or not your case involved a lawsuit
- The outcome of insurance negotiations
This variability in catastrophic injury cases means there’s no average financial recovery. A catastrophic injury lawyer from our firm can negotiate the value of your recovery with an insurer or the liable party. We understand that each case is unique.
Insurers May Make an Unfair Offer
Insurance companies won’t always be on your side. If you’re pursuing the liable party’s insurer, be prepared for a fight. Insurers may low-ball an initial offer. When you agree to financial recovery, you’re also agreeing to stop pursuing your case. Once you’ve signed off on an offer, you can’t negotiate further, and you can’t file a lawsuit.
The specifics of these negotiations can be frustrating and complicated. Our catastrophic injury lawyers serving Waco can engage with insurers on your behalf.
Catastrophic Injury Law Is Complicated
Filing a lawsuit is time-consuming and complicated. To succeed, you’ll need to build a deep understanding of Texas law. Terms like subpoenas, depositions, and motions must become a part of your vocabulary.
You don’t need to shoulder this burden on your own. After a catastrophic injury, you deserve time to rest and recover. We can take care of the legal process. With our help, you won’t need to worry about the specifics of a lawsuit or claim.
Why Hire a Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Serving Waco?
We’re committed to our clients. We offer individual care, and we’ll never treat you like just another number. We can offer you these perks alongside our legal services:
- Responsive and accessible care: We’ll answer any questions you have related to your case. No more stressing over legal jargon.
- Time to rest: We’ll handle every aspect of your case. This means you can focus on your healing process and supporting your family.
- Free case evaluations: We’ll evaluate your case for free. This initial contact period is obligation-free.
We exist because of our clients. Their testimonials show what it’s like to work with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™:
- “I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” – Wayne P.
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel L.
How does Liability Work in a Catastrophic Injury Case in Waco?
There’s a variety of potentially liable parties in a catastrophic injury case, including:
- Another driver on the roadway
- A property owner
- A medication manufacturer
- A medical practitioner
- A dog owner
- And more
To secure financial recovery after a catastrophic injury case, you must show that another party was liable for your injuries. If a party is liable, they owe financial recovery to whomever they harmed.
Evidence is the heart of any catastrophic injury case. Without evidence, you can’t link the liable party’s negligence to your injuries. Evidence in a catastrophic injury case can include:
- Footage or images of the accident
- Interviews with witnesses
- Medical records
- Statements from qualified professionals
- Invoices that show the extent of your economic damages
To hold another party liable, you must provide evidence demonstrating how their negligence caused or contributed to your accident-related injuries. Negligence can include a careless action or a failure to act.
To establish the negligent behavior of a liable party, our catastrophic injury lawyer serving Waco must prove:
- The liable party was responsible for keeping you from harm.
- The liable party behaved negligently and shirked these responsibilities.
- This negligent behavior caused your accident.
- You suffered demonstrable injuries because of the accident.
You Have a Limited Time to Act After a Catastrophic Injury in Waco
Texas law generally provides a two-year statute of limitations for catastrophic injury lawsuits. If you miss this deadline, the court may dismiss your lawsuit.
Insurance negotiations don’t delay this deadline. Therefore, we encourage you to get started on your case as soon as you can. Lawsuits are useful tools, and without them, you may have a more difficult time securing financial recovery.
Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Serving Waco Are Here to Help
We’re ready to represent you as you navigate the aftermath of your catastrophic injury case. You deserve representation, and you deserve fair financial recovery.
Call our offices for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- How Is Fault Determined in a Truck Accident?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- Do I Need an Attorney to Pursue a Truck Accident Claim?