Are you injured and unable to work because of an accident with a truck? An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving car may be able to get you financial recovery if you qualify. There is no time to wait if you have medical expenses piling up. Please contact the 18-wheeler and semi truck accident law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Call 713-850-8600 to ask about our free case evaluation.
How You Could Qualify for Financial Recovery
You may be entitled to recovery for damages such as medical bills and lost pay if it is likely that the truck driver caused your injuries. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident attorney serving Arlington can review the circumstances of the accident to determine if you qualify for financial recovery.
Each case is unique but there are certain factors that determine when a plaintiff — you — may qualify for recovery from the truck driver (defendant):
- The defendant, the driver or other party, owed you a duty of care to take reasonable actions to prevent the collision.
- The defendant breached this duty of care.
- The defendant’s intentional or negligent actions caused the accident and your injuries.
- You have damages such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Texas liability laws can be difficult for most people to understand. That is why you should talk to someone who understands your situation and can help you pursue potential financial recovery. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will be your capable and confidential advocate. For a free case evaluation, please call our firm at 713-850-8600.
Statute of Limitations on Seeking Recovery in Personal Injury Lawsuits
Like other states, Texas has a statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit. While an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Arlington, TX will typically first seek recovery from the driver’s insurance, you have the right to file a lawsuit within two years of the date of the accident. If you lost a family member in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, you also have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Our team will pursue recovery for such damages as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost pay
- Reduced income potential due to injuries
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Car repair and other property damage
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Your 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer will take care of filing a claim with the truck driver’s insurance carrier. An injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may also seek recovery from the trucking company.
Different Types of Liability
We will pursue damages from all liable parties depending on their role in the accident, such as:
- Direct liability refers to the person or party responsible for the accident and your injuries.
- Vicarious liability refers to the responsibility of a party with a relationship to those personally responsible (e.g., a trucking company’s responsibility for an accident caused by its driver).
The driver and the trucking company may deny responsibility for the accident. Their insurance adjuster may try to deny or delay your claim. However, an injury lawyer serving Arlington will protect and preserve your rights. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 to learn more and request a free case evaluation.
18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents Cause Devastating Injuries
Because trucks are so much larger than the typical car, these accidents often cause catastrophic or even fatal injuries. Common injuries that occur in 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial and dental lacerations including broken jaw and teeth
- Crushed, broken, or fractured bones
- Twisted or torn ligaments
- Soft tissue damage
- Nerve damage
- Spinal injuries that can lead to paralysis
- Burns and road rash
It is important to follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue financial recovery while you recuperate.
Known Causes of Many 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), speeding, driver fatigue, and drinking alcohol are leading causes for 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents.
Other leading factors for these kinds of collisions include:
- Texting while driving
- Other distractions while driving, such as eating or adjusting controls
- Insufficient training
- Using prescription or illegal drugs
- Overloaded or unbalanced cargo
- Worn tires
- Failure to yield
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident attorney serving Arlington will vigorously pursue the recovery you may be entitled to receive. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Take Our Responsibility Seriously
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled people in situations like your own. We are honored when clients put their trust in our firm to help them get the recovery they could receive.
In addition to 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents, our lawyers seek financial recovery for plaintiffs in other injuries, including:
- Car, motorcycle, bicycle, bus, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Workplace injuries
- Fatal injuries
Our entire team is committed to exceptional legal representation and the highest level of client service. We realize that you may not be feeling your best. A truck accident lawyer serving Arlington will seek recovery and protect your rights as you recuperate.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC if you were injured in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident. You could obtain financial recovery. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Should You Expect in a Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- How does Insurance Work in a Multi-Car Accident?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?