Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) is a leading cause of motor vehicle accident injuries and loss of life. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT), drunk drivers caused nearly 25,000 accidents in 2016. While Arlington has created traffic safety programs to curb drunk driving, accidents still happen. If you or a family member were injured because of a drunk driver, you should call a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Arlington, TX. You have rights that include pursuing financial recovery from the liable party.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many drunk driving (DWI) accident victims. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600. If you are unable to meet at our office, a member of our team will meet you in the hospital or at your home.
Be Wary of the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits
We understand how medical bills and other expenses quickly add up. This financial pressure is worsened if you cannot work because of your accident-related injuries. Please do not wait to call a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Arlington to see if you qualify for financial recovery.
There is a two-year statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit in Texas. This is a short amount of time when you consider that many personal injury lawsuits are the result of failed insurance settlement negotiations. Please call our firm today at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Please Seek Medical Care After Your Accident
Some drunk driving accident victims have serious injuries that require an ambulance and emergency department care. You should always seek medical care even if you do not think you are severely injured. Only a healthcare professional can determine if you do not have hidden injuries or potential complications.
Common injuries from a drunk driving accident include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Fractured or broken ribs
- Internal bleeding
- Traumatic brain injury
- Twisted or strained ligaments
Please keep all medical bills and accident-related expenses so an injury lawyer serving Arlington can send them to the other driver’s insurance company.
When You Should Call a Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident and Injury Lawyer
We recommend that you call a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer after you have seen your doctor or other healthcare providers. It is important to discuss your case with an attorney as soon as possible for several reasons, including:
- You have medical bills and other expenses that you need to pay.
- Our investigators can collect witness statements while their memories are fresh and photograph the scene of the accident before debris and other evidence is moved or destroyed.
- Most insurance companies make a lowball initial offer, so negotiations are common.
- You deserve to obtain available recovery and move on with your life.
We Accept Many Types of Drunk Driving Accidents
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled people. Our lawyers handle several types of drunk driving accident and injury cases, such as those involving:
- 18-wheelers and semi trucks
- Rear-end, roll-over, and head-on collisions
- Intersection accidents
- Multiple vehicle collisions
- Uber and Lyft accidents
Please let a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Arlington, TX help you obtain the recovery you may be entitled to receive. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
We Aggressively Pursue Financial Recovery for Your Injuries and Damages
The term “financial recovery” refers to damages that may include the following:
- Ambulance and emergency services
- Other medical expenses
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability
- Car rental or alternative transportation reimbursement
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Drunk driving accidents also affect your emotional health. You may experience anxiety, sleeplessness, or changes in your appetite. Please communicate this to your healthcare provider and your lawyer so that your emotional injuries and damages are included in your claim.
Proving Liability in a Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident Case
A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer serving Arlington, TX will seek recovery from the other driver by proving liability. To do so, a lawyer from our firm will show that:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid the accident.
- The driver clearly breached this duty of care by driving while intoxicated.
- You were injured as a direct result of this negligence.
- You have physical, emotional, and financial damages.
Unlike other types of motor vehicle accidents, a drunk driving (DWI) accident is often straightforward when it comes to assigning blame. It is more than likely that you qualify for financial recovery.
Let the drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC seek recovery for you. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Wrongful Death Claims After a Drunk Driving Accident
A drunk driver takes the life of an innocent person every 51 minutes, according to Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). If you lost a family member in a drunk driving accident, please accept our sympathies. Our team serving Arlington, TX can seek recovery for you and other surviving family members. We know that in addition to grieving your loved one, you may be facing financial pressures.
- D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will take care of filing a wrongful death claim or lawsuit against the drunk driver.
Let Us Take Care of Seeking Recovery so You Can Focus on Feeling Better
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a drunk driving accident, the last thing you need is to deal with an insurance adjuster. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will seek recovery while you recuperate.
For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?
- Are the Benefits From Workers’ Compensation Taxable In Texas?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?