There are many circumstances and accidents that result in bodily injuries. People tend to think only about car accidents. However, motor vehicle accidents are just one of the practice areas our personal injury lawyers handle. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many injured people after they were hurt by someone’s negligent or reckless actions.
If you were hurt in a personal injury accident, please call our firm at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Arlington Who Handles Many Types of Cases
Personal injury is in an injury that results in any physical or emotional harm caused by an act or omission by another party. A motor vehicle accident is just one example of a type of personal injury but, there are many others. Our team navigates complex liability laws and will fight to protect your rights.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC helps clients who have injuries resulting from:
- Car, truck, bus, 18-wheeler truck, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft collisions
- Violent acts, including sexual assaults
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace injuries and illness
- Premises liability accidents
- Wrongful deaths
If you do not see your specific area of concern listed here, please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation. Our many years of experience can help you recover damages.
What Makes D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Different
When you are injured, you want to be certain that an injury attorney serving Arlington will take immediate action to seek financial recovery, if you qualify. Our personal injury lawyers understand that you have medical bills and other unexpected losses. If you are unable to work, you may be getting a reduced disability paycheck or no salary at all.
Our personal injury lawyers serving Arlington are here to help you:
- Free, no-obligation case evaluations
- A dedicated legal team ready to work for you
- Pursue maximum financial recovery that you may be entitled to receive
- Excellent communication to answer any questions you may have
- Live weekly Facebook shows in English and Spanish
- Contingency-based legal services
How a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Arlington Seeks Financial Recovery
A personal injury lawyer serving Arlington will fight for your rights and try to establish that the defendant caused your injuries and damages.
Our personal injury lawyers have a successful record of getting recovery for our clients, when their case qualifies them for financial recovery from the at-fault party’s insurance coverage. This process includes:
- Listening to your account of what happened
- Analyzing police reports and witness statements
- Reviewing the at-fault party’s relevant history, such as their driving record
- Talking to your healthcare provider about your injuries and prognosis
- Compiling your medical bills and other related expenses
- Reaching out to subject matter experts when needed
Your personal injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will send a detailed claim, usually to the liable party’s insurance carrier. For example, if you were hurt in a store, your lawyer will file a claim with the store’s insurance company. Our personal injury lawyers are skilled negotiators who fight hard to negotiate a fair settlement.
Suing for Financial Recovery After a Personal Injury
If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our personal injury lawyers are prepared to take your case to court. In Texas, there generally is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits.
What Types of Damages You May Recover
Personal injury claims and lawsuits seek compensatory damages. There are two main kinds: special and general. Special damages are tangible, specific expenses such as reimbursement for a rental car if your vehicle is damaged and cannot be driven. General damages are not tangible but equally as important. Pain and Suffering is one example of a general damage.
Your specific claim may include the following compensatory damages:
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Hospital stays
- Medical bills, such as doctor appointments and prescriptions
- Lost pay
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Additionally, if you lost a family member from a personal injury accident, our lawyers can help seek recovery through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. For more information and a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Let Us Help You
If you were hurt by someone’s negligence, please allow a personal injury lawyer serving Arlington to help you get the recovery you may be entitled to receive. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Pays for Your Medical Bills During the Personal Injury Claim Process?
- How Much Compensation Should You Expect For A Brain Injury Case?
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What If I’m Injured in A Rental Car Accident in Houston?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?