We rely on 18-wheelers and semi trucks to transport necessary goods in and out of our state. While many operators of these massive trucks are safe drivers who follow the rules of the road, some are not. If you were hurt in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, you could qualify for financial recovery. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin can help.
A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM, who handles18-wheeler and semi truck accident cases, can investigate what happened, determine liability, and file an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf.
We Build a Strong Claim for Your Injuries and Damages
No one intends for an accident to happen. Nevertheless, you are now hurt and facing potentially thousands of dollars in medical bills and other expenses. You are most likely entitled to financial recovery if another party caused your accident.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin will fight to help you obtain damages for:
- Medical bills, both past, and future
- Lost income
- Car repair, replacement, and rental
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM, to get started. A member of our team can meet you at your home or the hospital if it is difficult for you to come to our office for a free case evaluation.
Our 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyers Work for You
Sometimes we hear from a client who has tried to seek recovery from the truck driver’s insurance company on their own. Unfortunately, a few insurance companies make it unnecessarily difficult to obtain a recovery on legitimate claims. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM has recovered damages for clients through settlements and verdicts. We stand up to insurance adjusters who try to deny, delay or downplay your claim.
Unlike the insurance company, our team also keeps our clients’ needs and interests at top of mind. We are not afraid to take whatever legal action is necessary to fight for your financial recovery, including:
- Meeting with the insurance company multiple times to negotiate for a fair recovery amount
- Refusing to accept a settlement that does not cover your present and future needs
- Taking your case to court and arguing for your rights in front of a jury, if necessary
- Handling all of the paperwork, including evidence and the settlement agreement with the insurance company
How We Seek Financial Recovery
Once you retain D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM as your law firm, you become a valued client. Conversations with your lawyer are safe and confidential. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin knows that you might not be feeling your best. If you needed surgery or hospitalization for your injuries, you may face a lengthy recuperation period. Let us represent your case while you recover from your injuries.
Our process for seeking financial recovery generally includes:
- Reviewing police reports and witness statements
- Interviewing witnesses
- Taking photos or videos of the accident scene, your vehicle, and your injuries
- Reviewing the driver’s history
- Requesting and reviewing the truck company’s maintenance, safety, and training records
- Talking with your healthcare provider (with your permission) about your injuries and prognosis
We can also talk with creditors if you are having trouble paying bills for the time being. Sometimes, we can negotiate better terms while you are waiting for potential financial recovery from the liable party. The sooner you call, the faster we can get started on fighting for your recovery. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM, for a free case evaluation.
We Support Clients Throughout their Cases
Most of all, our personal injury attorneys understand how stressful and confusing it can be for accident victims to navigate the legal system and understand their rights. Our team strives to be as accessible as possible by:
- Responding to all of your queries in a prompt and helpful manner
- Holding Facebook livestreams to address your questions
- Updating you on your case status on a regular basis
- Helping you make legal decisions without pushing you onto a path that you are not comfortable with
- Arranging for medical care, car repair, and other services that you are having trouble securing for yourself
We Handle 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
You should select a law firm that accepts many kinds of 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents. D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM has helped clients who were injured in these types of accidents, including:
- Accidents caused by spilled cargo or contents from overloaded or improperly loaded trucks
- Jackknife accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Highway accidents
- Blown tire accidents
- Underride and override accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accidents
- Accidents caused by defective parts or repairs
In addition, we represent plaintiffs who are injured in other types of traffic accidents, including:
- Motorcycle, moped, and bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
Injuries from an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident can be costly. You deserve to know if you qualify for financial recovery from the liable party. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM for a free case evaluation.
What We Use as Proof of Liability for Your Potential Recovery
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin will scrutinize the circumstances of your accident. They can then build a claim for recovery of damages by establishing that:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and to take reasonable, prudent measures to avoid an accident
- The truck driver breached this duty of care by acting negligently or carelessly
- This negligent act caused you bodily injuries and property damages
- You have suffered substantial losses (physical, financial, and emotional) due to the accident and resulting injuries
By establishing these four elements, we show the insurance company that you have a solid and legitimate case.
Truck Accidents Can Be Deadly
If you lost a family member in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident in Austin, please accept our deepest sympathies. You and other surviving family members may qualify for recovery in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Texas law generally limits the time you may file for either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit to two years from the date of the accident.
How do wrongful death cases work? In some ways, they are similar to personal injury cases. For instance, you can sue for any personal injury damages that your loved one would have qualified for if they had survived. In addition, you may seek recovery for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Other end-of-life expenses
- Grief related to the loss of your loved one
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support
- Loss of society and companionship
Reasons for 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the three leading reasons for accidents involving 18-wheeler and semi trucks are driver fatigue, speeding, and alcohol. We can help you if an accident resulted from one of these reasons.
Truck accidents are often more complicated than this. There may be multiple contributing factors or even multiple liable parties. For example:
- The driver was fatigued because of pressure from their employer to work longer hours and take fewer breaks than they should. In this case, both the driver and their employer could be liable, and you can hold both legally accountable.
- The driver’s brakes gave out at a critical moment because a mechanic had not recently attended to the truck. In this case, you may be able to hold the trucking company, the agency responsible for truck safety, and/or the maintenance team that should have noticed the faulty brake responsible.
- A traffic light malfunction contributed to the accident. In this case, one of the liable parties may be the local government agency responsible for road repairs.
Our firm is proud to be able to help clients with all kinds of truck accident cases. We work hard to uncover the exact cause of each and every case. This way, our clients can be confident that they hold all responsible parties legally accountable for their negligence.
Get a Free Evaluation Now
If you were involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi truck, you might be entitled to financial recovery for your injuries and expenses. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin will help seek recovery for you. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM for a free case evaluation today.