We rely on 18-wheeler and semi trucks to transport necessary goods in and out of our state. While many operators of these massive trucks are safe drivers who follow the rules of the road, some are not. If you were hurt in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, you could qualify for financial recovery. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin can help.
We Build a Strong Claim for Your Injuries and Damages
No one intends for an accident to happen. Nevertheless, you are now hurt and facing potentially thousands of dollars in medical bills and other expenses. Thankfully, you have options—you are most likely entitled to financial recovery if another party caused your accident, such as a careless truck driver.
What’s more, you don’t have to navigate those options for financial recovery on your own. One of our 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers serving Austin will fight to help you obtain damages for:
- Medical bills, both past and future
- Lost income
- Car repair, replacement, and rental
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600 to get started. Being accessible to our clients is a priority for us. A member of our team can even meet you at your home or the hospital if it is difficult for you to come to our office for a free case evaluation.
We Fight for Specific Damages That Match Specific Experiences
Truck accidents are notorious for causing significant damage and injuries due to the large size of the vehicles. They weigh 20-30 times more than passenger vehicles and require 20-40 percent more time to come to a stop, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). In an accident with a smaller vehicle, that weight disparity could cause:
- Back and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Crushed bones
These injuries are not only drastically different from each other but also drastically differ in severity. Burns vary in degree, as their treatment and consequences are based on where you were burned. Likewise, the cost of spinal cord injuries depends on your age when injured and what form of injury you sustained.
As a result, our truck collision attorneys treat every client individually. We take a personal interest in each case, identifying your unique expenses and challenges. More than just paying for medical costs, your financial recovery should reflect how your injuries specifically altered your life. The loss of your ability to enjoy a favorite hobby or your interests is just as significant as a financial loss. We recognize that.
We Provide Clarity and Relief as We Pursue Justice for You
Taking on a truck driver, trucking company, or other negligent party while also recovering from injuries is a lot for one person to handle, so don’t handle it alone. Our staff is dedicated to making this process easier for you:
- We have a team of attorneys, paralegals, and investigators ready to serve you
- We answer calls 24/7, respond to emails promptly, and keep you in the loop
- We help with everyday issues like scheduling doctor’s appointments
- We hold Facebook live streams to answer questions and remain accessible
Above all, we listen. Frustrations, worries, questions — whatever is on your mind, we can explore your options.
Our 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyers Work for You
Sometimes we hear from a client who has tried to seek recovery from the truck driver’s insurance company on their own. Unfortunately, a few insurance companies make it unnecessarily difficult to obtain a recovery on legitimate claims. In your case, you may have faced:
- Difficulty communicating with adjusters
- Denial or undervaluing of your claim
- Blame shifted onto you or another party
- Stalling or taking too long to settle your claim
- Pressure to agree to a settlement quickly
You don’t have to accept this treatment as “just part of the process.” Moreover, you have a right to recruit additional help. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has recovered damages for clients through settlements and verdicts. We stand up to insurance adjusters who try to deny, delay, or downplay your claim.
How We Seek Financial Recovery
Once you retain D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ as your law firm, you become a valued client. Conversations with your lawyer are safe and confidential, and your initial consultation with us is free.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin knows that you might not be feeling your best. If you needed surgery or hospitalization for your injuries, you may be faced with a lengthy recuperation period. Let D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ represent your case while you recover from your injuries.
Our process for seeking financial recovery generally includes:
- Reviewing police reports and witness statements
- Interviewing witnesses
- Taking photos or videos of the accident scene, your vehicle, and your injuries
- Reviewing the driver’s history
- Requesting and reviewing the truck company’s maintenance, safety, and training records
- Talking with your healthcare provider (with your permission) about your injuries and prognosis
We can also talk with creditors if you are having trouble paying bills for the time being. Sometimes we can negotiate better terms while you are waiting for potential financial recovery from the liable party. The sooner you call, the faster we can get started on fighting for your recovery. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Handle 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
You should select a law firm that handles many kinds of 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped clients who were injured in these types of accidents, including:
- Spilled cargo or contents from overloaded or improperly loaded trucks
- Jackknife accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Highway accidents
- Blown tire accidents
- Underride and override accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accidents
- Defective parts or repairs
In addition, we represent plaintiffs who are injured in other accidents, including:
- Motorcycle, moped, and bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
Injuries from an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident can be costly. You deserve to know if you qualify for financial recovery from the liable party. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600.
What We Use as Proof of Liability for Your Potential Recovery
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin from our team will scrutinize the circumstances of your accident. They can then build a claim for recovery of damages by establishing that:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and to take reasonable, prudent measures to avoid an accident
- The truck driver breached this duty of care by acting negligently or carelessly
- This negligent act caused you bodily injuries and property damages
Holding Someone Liable for the Loss of a Loved One
If you lost a family member in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident in Austin, please accept our deepest sympathies. It is possible that you and other surviving family members may qualify for recovery in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Your financial recovery could help pay for:
- Cost of a funeral and burial
- Remaining medical bills
- Lost income from the deceased
- Mental anguish
The value of a life cannot be quantified, but our team can work to ease your financial burdens and honor your loved one through financial recovery. Just keep in mind that Texas law generally limits the time you may file for either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit to two years from the date of the accident.
Reasons for 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the three leading reasons for accidents involving 18-wheeler and semi trucks are:
- Driver fatigue
We can help you if an accident resulted from one of these reasons, as well as other forms of negligent behavior. Our investigators can help identify the cause of your accident if you are not sure.
We Offer Free Consultations to Start Your Case
If you were involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi truck, you might be entitled to financial recovery for your injuries and expenses. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin will help seek recovery for you. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What’s the Average Wrongful Death Settlement in Texas?
- What Is The Most Common Cause Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- Are Slip And Fall Cases Hard To Win?