We rely on 18-wheeler and semi trucks to transport necessary goods in and out of our state. While many operators of these massive trucks are safe drivers who follow the rules of the road, some are not. If you were hurt in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, you could qualify for financial recovery. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin can help.
We Build a Strong Claim for Your Injuries and Damages
No one intends for an accident to happen. Nevertheless, you are now hurt and facing potentially thousands of dollars in medical bills and other expenses. You are most likely entitled to financial recovery if another party caused your accident.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin will fight to help you obtain damages for:
- Medical bills, both past, and future
- Lost income
- Car repair, replacement, and rental
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 to get started. A member of our team can meet you at your home or the hospital, if it is difficult for you to come to our office for a free case evaluation.
Our 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Lawyers Work for You
Sometimes we hear from a client who has tried to seek recovery from the truck driver’s insurance company on their own. Unfortunately, a few insurance companies make it unnecessarily difficult to obtain a recovery on legitimate claims. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has recovered damages for clients through settlements and verdicts. We stand up to insurance adjusters who try to deny, delay, or downplay your claim.
How We Seek Financial Recovery
Once you retain D. Miller & Associates as your law firm, you become a valued client. Conversations with your lawyer are safe and confidential. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin knows that you might not be feeling your best. If you needed surgery or hospitalization for your injuries, you may be faced with a lengthy recuperation period. Let D. Miller & Associates represent your case while you recover from your injuries.
Our process for seeking financial recovery generally includes:
- Reviewing police reports and witness statements
- Interviewing witnesses
- Taking photos or videos of the accident scene, your vehicle, and your injuries
- Reviewing the driver’s history
- Requesting and reviewing the truck company’s maintenance, safety, and training records
- Talking with your healthcare provider (with your permission) about your injuries and prognosis
We can also talk with creditors if you are having trouble paying bills for the time being. Sometimes we can negotiate better terms while you are waiting for potential financial recovery from the liable party. The sooner you call, the faster we can get started on fighting for your recovery. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Handle 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
You should select a law firm that accepts many kinds of 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped clients who were injured in these types of accidents, including:
- Spilled cargo or contents from overloaded or improperly loaded trucks
- Jackknife accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Highway accidents
- Blown tire accidents
- Underride and override accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accidents
- Defective parts or repairs
In addition, we represent plaintiffs who are injured in accidents, including:
- Motorcycle, moped, and bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
Injuries from an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident can be costly. You deserve to know if you qualify for financial recovery from the liable party. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
What We Use as Proof of Liability for Your Potential Recovery
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin will scrutinize the circumstances of your accident. They can then build a claim for recovery of damages by establishing that:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and to take reasonable, prudent measures to avoid an accident
- The truck driver breached this duty of care by acting negligently or carelessly
- This negligent act caused you bodily injuries and property damages
If you lost a family member in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident in Austin, please accept our deepest sympathies. It is possible that you and other surviving family members may qualify for recovery in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Texas law generally limits the time you may file for either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit to two years from the date of the accident.
Reasons for 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), the three leading reasons for accidents involving 18-wheeler and semi trucks are driver fatigue, speeding, and alcohol. We can help you if an accident resulted from one of these reasons.
If you were involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi truck, you might be entitled to financial recovery for your injuries and expenses. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Austin will help seek recovery for you. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- Can You Sue Uber Or Lyft For Injuries In An Accident In Texas?
- I Was Injured In An Accident With An 18-wheeler – Can I Sue?
- Can You Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers with No Money?