Are you having trouble paying medical bills related to a motorcycle accident that was not your fault? You could be entitled to financial recovery from the responsible party. A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Austin can protect your right to seek potential recovery. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. A member of our team can meet with you at your home or anywhere you feel comfortable if you are unable to come to our office.
Select A Lawyer Who Understands Motorcycle Accident Cases
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you deserve a law firm that regularly accepts motorcycle cases. A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Austin is familiar with various kinds of accidents, including:
- Head-on collision
- Intersection accidents
- Drunk drivers
- Hit and run
- Sideswipe or forced off the road
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Potholes, road debris, and other external hazards
- Defective parts
- Collisions involving buses, trucks, or 18-wheeler and semi trucks
A motorcycle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will assess your injuries, expenses, and the circumstances of your accident. Most people do not have an in-depth knowledge of Texas liability laws to fully protect their rights. We do. You may be qualified for financial recovery. The best way to find out is to call our firm for a free case evaluation.
Getting You The Financial Recovery You May Be Entitled To Receive
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycle riders and passengers are at a greater risk for injury or loss of life than the occupants in a standard automobile. Their injuries are often severe because motorcycles offer little protection from impact. It is common for motorcycle riders to be thrown from their bikes.
In Texas, the Department of Transportation (TxDOT), reports there were 482 motorcycle accident fatalities and more than 1,800 suspected serious injuries in 2020. Motorcyclists are vulnerable to severe injuries, including:
- Road rash
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Neck and facial injuries
- Loss of limb
- Broken or crushed bones
- Paralyzing injuries
- Internal injuries
Back and spinal injuries
These injuries can place a tremendous financial burden on riders and their families. A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Austin will pursue available recovery for damages such as:
- Ambulance service
- Emergency room and hospitalization
- Surgery, treatment, and other medical bills
- Lost wages
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Lifecare costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We Assist With Recovery for Fatal Injuries
If you lost your loved one to a motorcycle accident, we can help you with a wrongful death case to recover awards on their behalf. This may include their medical bills, end-of-life expenses, and financial recovery for surviving family members’ pain and suffering and loss of their loved one’s companionship and support.
Texas Motorcycle Insurance Laws
According to the Texas Department of Insurance, all drivers in the state, including motorcyclists, must have liability insurance. Liability pays for bodily injuries and property damages you cause. Drivers can choose to carry additional coverage, including collision, comprehensive, or uninsured/underinsured motorist policies.
We can pursue a claim against the at-fault driver. We can also assist with seeking a settlement through any applicable insurance policies you hold. A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will seek recovery if you qualify. You will not have to deal with the other driver’s insurance adjuster or handle paperwork and deadlines. This gives you the chance to rest and recover.
However, if the driver who hit you does not have enough insurance to cover your damages, we can fight for recovery in court. Keep in mind that the statute of limitations binds lawsuits. Texas law allows two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death case.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Serving Austin Will Establish Liability
In some cases, it is clear how a motorcycle or car accident occurred, such as a collision caused by a drunk driver. In other cases, a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Austin will investigate the circumstances of the accident to decide who is liable. Depending on the cause of your wreck, liable parties may include a negligent driver, a defective vehicle or parts manufacturer, or a roadway owner.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Improper left turns
- Defective brakes, tires, or auto parts
- Lane splitting
- Broken traffic lights
- Following a motorcycle too closely
- Mechanical issues
- Sudden stops
- Opening a car door on a passing motorcyclist
- Dangerous road conditions
- Negligent road maintenance
Once we determine liability, we will build your case. Our lawyers have a careful process that may include:
- Review of witness and police reports
- Examining photos or videos of the accident scene, the damage, debris, and your motorcycle after the impact
- Discussing your health prognosis with your doctor (with your permission)
- Reviewing the driver’s history and checking for violations
- Talking to a subject matter expert to reconstruct the accident if necessary
These are actions that most people do not have the time or experience to take on even when they are feeling well. You may be recovering at home or at the hospital. You deserve a legal advocate who has your best interests in mind.
Please Do Not Attempt To Deal With The Insurance Adjuster Alone
You may not be able to call a motorcycle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC right after your accident. However, it is imperative that you avoid speaking to the other party’s insurance company without us. If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you before you can consult with an attorney, politely decline to speak with them.
If you must talk to an insurance adjuster, limit your conversation to the basic facts about the accident, including:
- Confirm the date and time of the accident
- Year, make, and model of your motorcycle
- Your name and address
You have the right to have a motorcycle accident lawyer talk to the insurance adjuster on your behalf. There are several reasons why we urge you to exercise this right:
- You are not feeling well due to physical and emotional injuries
- You could be taking pain medication that alters your judgment
- You might be forced into saying something to the adjuster that could later jeopardize your claim
Some insurance companies try to deny your claim. Others make ridiculous lowball offers. A motorcycle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will negotiate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf. To find out if you are entitled to financial recovery from your motorcycle accident, please call our firm for a free case evaluation.
We Will Fight For You
Since 2002, our team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators have worked together to protect the rights of injury victims from across Texas. We go head to head with insurance companies every day, and we will not let them get away with treating our clients poorly or offering them less than they need and deserve. We will:
- Build your case and submit your claims
- Aggressively fight for your best interests during negotiations
- Meet you wherever you find most convenient – your home, our office, or even the hospital
- Help you schedule healthcare appointments, even if you do not have insurance
- Answer your questions and promptly return your phone calls and emails
- Represent you at trial if needed
We take pride in our service. When you work with our firm, you are not just a name or a case number – you are a respected individual we will treat with dignity and compassion. We believe our client testimonials speak for us:
“The staff here are genuinely concerned about what is going on in our lives. They have walked me through every step and I sincerely appreciate their helpfulness.” – Shelley Flynt Bradley
“I highly recommend them because they are very professional and non judgemental. Made me feel extremely comfortable talking with them.” – Paulie Deluca
“Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel Lieberg
Call Us Today To Get Started
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC supports motorcyclists. We sponsor an annual fundraising ride to help survivors with Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI). Our firm also takes part in the Bikes on the Bayou event featuring a police-escorted ride in Houston.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident and want to know if you qualify for recovery, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Austin is ready to help.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Recover Money for Lost Earnings After a Car Accident?
- Who Can I Sue if I Was Injured While Riding a Houston METRO Bus?
- What Happens If You Can No Longer Work After a Car Accident?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?
- My Loved One Was Killed In A Truck Accident, Am I Able To Sue?