If you were injured in a truck accident, you have the right to seek damages. However, it is important to note that according to Texas statutes, you have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit for injuries and damages in a truck accident. This is not a long time when you consider everything that needs to be done to file a successful claim or lawsuit. A truck accident lawyer serving Austin must build a strong case to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive.
A truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will preserve your rights, including your choice to seek recovery. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
What to Do if You Were Injured in a Truck Accident
Truck accident victims are often emotional. You may be faced with unexpected medical bills and other expenses. You might be unable to work or enjoy your daily routine because of injuries. There may be extra stress from the truck driver’s insurance adjuster trying to pressure you into a lowball settlement offer.
Our truck accident lawyers can deal with the insurance adjuster so you can focus on recovery. Our truck accident lawyers will protect your rights and seek financial recovery. You could recover damages for expenses such as hospital stays, lost wages, and mental anguish. To find out more, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600. We offer free case evaluations, and our lawyers work on a contingency basis.
We Are Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Austin
Truck accidents can be complex. There is often more than one liable party involved. Typically, the injuries from truck accidents are worse than those in other types of motor vehicle collisions. This is not surprising since large trucks can weigh 10,000 pounds or more.
A few of the more common injuries from a truck accident include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken or fractured bones
- Cracked ribs
- Severe lacerations
- Trauma to the neck or spinal cord
- Internal bleeding with organ damage or loss
Tragically, many truck accident victims succumb to their injuries. A truck accident lawyer serving Austin can also help you and your family if a family member passed away from their accident injuries.
We Handle Accidents from 18-Wheelers to Commercial Delivery Trucks
Our firm handles diverse kinds of truck accident cases. We have successfully recovered damages for clients who were involved in various collisions, such as:
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck
- Underride and override accidents
- Multiple vehicle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Hit and run
- Distracted driving
We also help injured clients who were involved in a car, motorcycle, bicycle, pedestrian, and Uber and Lyft accidents. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Austin Can Help You
Your health and well-being are too important to leave to chance. You may have long-term medical issues as a direct result of a careless truck driver. A truck accident lawyer serving Austin will show how and why you were injured. These details are critical when seeking financial recovery for your injuries and damages.
To find out if you qualify, a truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will examine the circumstances of your accident. These details may include:
- The medical evidence of your injuries
- Your expected health prognosis
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Video and photographic evidence from the accident site, your damaged vehicle, and your injuries
- The truck driver’s record
- Safety, training, and maintenance records
Factors That Indicate Liability
Even if the truck driver did not mean to cause the accident, you are still injured. You have medical bills and other expenses. A truck accident lawyer serving Austin will establish a few factors to prove you qualify for financial recovery:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and legally, and to avoid the accident if possible.
- The truck driver breached this duty of care in some manner, such as driving while intoxicated or speeding.
- This behavior caused the accident and your injuries.
- You now have damages because of your injuries.
Reckless drivers who injure others should be held accountable. Please call our truck accident lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to see how we can help: (713) 850-8600.
Hospital Bills and Other Damages You Can Recover
You have the right to seek recovery for your accident-related injuries and damages. These damages may include:
- Medical expenses including co-pays, deductibles, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and other healthcare bills
- Property damage
- Reimbursement for car rental or alternative transportation if you cannot drive your vehicle
- Lost wages
- Loss in earning ability
- Mental anguish
- Pain and suffering
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, please accept our sympathies. We want to help you in any way we can. You could be entitled to recovery through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. A truck accident lawyer serving Austin will protect your rights as a surviving family member. It is possible that you could recover for damages such as:
- Medical bills until your loved one passed
- Final expenses including funeral and burial costs
- Loss of income, inheritance, annuity, and other financial benefits
- Loss of consortium, companionship, and protection
- Your pain and suffering
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, please call the personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600. We know that it can be challenging to get away if you are recovering from injuries or mourning the untimely passing of a family member. A member of our firm can meet you for a free case evaluation at our office, your home, or anywhere that is most comfortable.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- How Do You Know If Your Injuries Are Serious Enough to Contact a Lawyer?