Did you know that the average in-patient cost of one day in a Texas hospital is roughly $2,700, according to statistics from the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation? It does not take long for medical expenses to spiral out of control. Even if you have insurance, you still must pay deductibles, co-pays, and other costs that may not be covered.
If you or a loved one was injured or hospitalized because of someone’s careless behavior, you could be entitled to financial recovery from the responsible party. A personal injury lawyer in Austin, TX, can explain if you qualify for recovery of damages for expenses, like hospital bills.
We Focus Our Practice on Helping Injured People
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® has helped countless clients who were injured because of negligence.
We have been successful in achieving financial recovery for such expenses as:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses
- Ongoing treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning potential
- Reduced quality of life
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, or guidance
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
As personal injury lawyers in Austin, TX, we are committed to helping injured and disabled people receive financial recovery for their injuries. Your physical, mental, and financial well-being are too important to leave to chance. Please call our firm today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
What to Look for When Considering a Personal Injury Lawyer in Austin
This may be the first time you have considered hiring a personal injury lawyer in Austin. Some things you should keep in mind when deciding on a personal injury lawyer in Austin include:
- Case results in both insurance settlements and trial verdicts
- Testimonials from other clients
- Commitment to client satisfaction
- Convenience, if you are recuperating in the hospital or at home
- Promptness and professionalism in returning phone calls and emails
- An overall feeling of compassion and respect for your situation
- Payment policy
Our personal injury lawyers have a successful record for settlements and verdicts. Our results do not guarantee future outcomes, but we promise to do all we can for your financial recovery. As for client satisfaction, some of our clients have kindly left comments on our website, which you may read here.
We Support Our Clients All the Way
Our past experience has shown us just how difficult it can be for personal injury victims to put their lives back together after an accident. We are proud to be able to make the legal process easier and more accessible to our clients by:
- Offering free, confidential, no-strings-attached case evaluations to all callers
- Coming to see you wherever you are in Austin, if you have not healed enough to visit our office
- Giving you your lawyer’s contact information so you can call or email whenever you need assistance
- Hosting Facebook livestreams, where our staff members answer legal questions
- Updating you throughout the case and helping you decide how to respond to each new development
- Reviewing your case carefully and advising you of your legal options’ pros and cons, as well as your responsibilities as the injured party
We approach each case with the right combination of compassion and professionalism. We do everything possible to show our clients that we care about them.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Austin Accept All Types of Cases
What practice areas the firm accepts is a crucial factor when you are considering a personal injury lawyer in Austin, TX. It is essential to consult a personal injury lawyer in Austin who has dealt with situations similar to yours.
Our injury law firm has a wide breadth that includes many kinds of personal injury situations.
Some of the personal injury cases we accept include:
- Car accidents
- Other motor vehicle accidents, including truck, 18-wheeler, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, moped, and pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Slips and falls
- Premises liability for homes and businesses
- Sexual assault, harassment, and discrimination
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Defective products and medical devices
- Workplace accidents
- Brain injuries
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
We encourage you to call for a free case evaluation. The decision to hire a personal injury lawyer in Austin is important. You should meet a member of our team before you decide. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
A Personal Injury Lawyer in Austin Protects Your Rights as a Plaintiff
Most injury cases involve complicated legal and medical terms, procedures, and paperwork. It is understandable if you are angry or frustrated about the accident or your financial losses. You may not be feeling well, especially if you had extensive injuries that needed surgery, hospitalization, or a lengthy recuperation period.
That is why you should not hesitate to call a personal injury lawyer serving Austin who will protect your rights as a plaintiff (the legal term for an injured person). D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® has the resources to fully evaluate your case so that we can give a detailed claim to the liable party’s insurance carrier or file a personal injury lawsuit.
Our Legal Team Is Ready To Seek Financial Recovery As Soon as Possible
Our personal injury lawyers in Austin know that you have medical bills due and may not have been able to work. Our goal is to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive as soon as possible.
Our team of lawyers and other legal professionals can examine the circumstances that led to your accident. The investigative process might include:
- Reviewing police reports, witness statements, and any other accounts, photographs, or videos of the accident
- Evaluating your injuries based on medical bills and the assessment of your doctor or another healthcare professional
- Compiling all your expenses and losses, such as medical bills, lost pay, property damage, and other related costs
- Reconstructing the accident, if necessary
- Interviewing and re-interviewing witnesses and anyone else who has pertinent information
- Asking experts in relevant fields to analyze and write a statement about your case
- Visiting the scene of the accident, if necessary
Our goal for each investigation is to:
- Identify all parties who played a role in causing your accident
- Establish the severity of your injuries and financial losses
- Build a case strong enough to compel the liable party’s insurer to offer a fair settlement or a jury to award a fair recovery
We’re Not Afraid To Go Head-to-Head with the Involved Parties
Your personal injury case could involve multiple parties. Yet, we’re not afraid to pursue the liable entities for what you need. We’re ready to manage all dealings with:
- Property owners
- Dog owners
- Medical professionals
- Insurance adjusters
- The other party’s lawyers
However, there are plenty of cases where a large, well-funded business or organization must be held liable for its actions. This is especially true of cases involving defective products, nursing home abuse, and medical malpractice, as well as certain types of motor vehicle and premises liability cases. You may have to face a:
- Medical facility
- Trucking company
- Government agency
It is easy for an individual to feel intimidated or even hopeless when facing a powerful liable party. Our team, however, refuses to be cowed. We firmly believe that all liable parties should be held to account, no matter what.
We Also Represent Wrongful Death Victims
What happens if someone passes away before they get the chance to sue for damages? Texas law gives the decedent’s survivors two years from the date of their death to begin a lawsuit. You can seek the same or similar types of damages that are available to personal injury victims.
If you lost someone you love in a preventable accident, our entire team would like to express condolences for your loss. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® can fight on your behalf to hold the liable party financially and legally accountable for their negligence.
Call Today to Get Started
A personal injury lawyer in Austin, TX, is ready to pursue financial recovery for you if you qualify. Please note that Texas has a two-year deadline to file a personal injury lawsuit. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® offers free case evaluations. Please call (713) 850-8600.