Early in February, BP Oil seemed ready to start settling the many lawsuits filed against the second largest oil giant as a result of the 2010 Deepwater Rig explosion and the resulting oil spill in the Gulf. However, almost immediately after stating their readiness to settle, BP Oil announced that they were prepared to fight the civil lawsuits and the government litigation which were scheduled to begin February 27.
Confident BP Oil announced a rise in their fourth quarter earnings and increased its quarterly dividend from 7 cents to 8 cents a share.
BP Preparing ‘Vigorously’ As Start of Gulf Oil Spill Lawsuits Nears – http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2012/02/07/234453.htm
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is The OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Settlement?
- I Got Hit By A Car On My Bicycle. What Legal Action Can I Take?
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- What To Do After A Car Accident In Houston
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?