Early in February, BP Oil seemed ready to start settling the many lawsuits filed against the second largest oil giant as a result of the 2010 Deepwater Rig explosion and the resulting oil spill in the Gulf. However, almost immediately after stating their readiness to settle, BP Oil announced that they were prepared to fight the civil lawsuits and the government litigation which were scheduled to begin February 27.
Confident BP Oil announced a rise in their fourth quarter earnings and increased its quarterly dividend from 7 cents to 8 cents a share.
BP Preparing ‘Vigorously’ As Start of Gulf Oil Spill Lawsuits Nears – http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2012/02/07/234453.htm
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Lane Splitting Legal In Texas In 2019?
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- Can You Sue Walmart If You Slip and Fall in A Texas Store?