Early in February, BP Oil seemed ready to start settling the many lawsuits filed against the second largest oil giant as a result of the 2010 Deepwater Rig explosion and the resulting oil spill in the Gulf. However, almost immediately after stating their readiness to settle, BP Oil announced that they were prepared to fight the civil lawsuits and the government litigation which were scheduled to begin February 27.
Confident BP Oil announced a rise in their fourth quarter earnings and increased its quarterly dividend from 7 cents to 8 cents a share.
BP Preparing ‘Vigorously’ As Start of Gulf Oil Spill Lawsuits Nears – http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2012/02/07/234453.htm
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?
- How Much Should You Expect in A Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- I Was Injured While Riding As A Passenger On A Bus, Who Can I Sue?