Early in February, BP Oil seemed ready to start settling the many lawsuits filed against the second largest oil giant as a result of the 2010 Deepwater Rig explosion and the resulting oil spill in the Gulf. However, almost immediately after stating their readiness to settle, BP Oil announced that they were prepared to fight the civil lawsuits and the government litigation which were scheduled to begin February 27.
Confident BP Oil announced a rise in their fourth quarter earnings and increased its quarterly dividend from 7 cents to 8 cents a share.
BP Preparing ‘Vigorously’ As Start of Gulf Oil Spill Lawsuits Nears – http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2012/02/07/234453.htm
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Know If Your Injuries Are Serious Enough to Contact a Lawyer?
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- How Is Total Loss Value Calculated in Texas?
- Can I Sue if My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?
- What Are the Three Types of Human Trafficking?