Everyone, whether they manage property, drive a car, or own a dog, has a duty of care. This means they must act with reasonable caution to avoid harming others. When they don’t, they could bear financial liability for any resulting damages.
If your injury occurred because another party behaved in an irresponsible or negligent manner, a personal injury lawyer serving Brownsville from our team can seek financial recovery. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ advocates for injured people. We’re ready to discuss your options during a complimentary case evaluation.
Our Personal Injury Team Can Fight for You
You typically have two years to file your injury lawsuit, according to Texas law. By allowing us to start on your case within that period, you give D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ the opportunity to build a compelling case.
We will base your case’s strategy on:
- How many liable parties there are (and who they are)
- How much evidence is available and how clear or unclear it is
- The insurance company’s willingness to negotiate
Our team personalizes our services to each and every case, offering each client responsive, reliable legal care.
Our Team Offers a Wealth of Legal Services
To pursue your case’s best possible outcome, we will:
- Provide a free case evaluation: At no risk or cost to you, a member of our team can evaluate your legal options.
- Collect and examine evidence: We can use police reports, eyewitness statements, and more to create a clear picture of how your accident happened. We can also use this information to evaluate your injuries’ severity and how much you’re owed.
- Determine a course of action: There may be multiple ways to pursue financial recovery. We can explore your options and determine a suitable course of action.
- Pursue the financial recovery you need. We can negotiate with the insurance company for a satisfactory settlement. Alternatively, we can take your case to court and try to convince a jury to award financial recovery.
- Complete all paperwork: From legal notifications to settlement agreements and everything in between, we’ll take care of it.
Our personal injury lawyers are at your service. If there is anything our team serving Brownsville can do to make your legal experience easier, we encourage you to let us know.
We Will Pursue the Financial Recovery You Need
We want to recover everything you need to account for your past, present, and future damages. We will ask these questions when evaluating your losses:
- Pain and suffering: Have you experienced physical and/or emotional distress as a result of the accident?
- Disability: Did any of your injuries result in a temporary or permanent loss of physical or intellectual capabilities?
- Disfigurement: Did any of your injuries leave you with a permanent mark or scar that is difficult to hide or that affects your ability to use the area?
- Reduced quality of life: Are you unable to return to performing the same types and range of activities you were able to perform before the accident?
- Medical expenses: Did you receive emergency treatment, follow-up care, prescriptions for medications, or any other type of medical treatment?
- Property damage: Was any of your personal property, such as a motor vehicle, damaged or destroyed in the same accident that caused your injuries?
- Loss of wages: Were you forced to take days, weeks, or even more time off from work because your injuries prevented you from fulfilling your duties?
- Loss of employment: Did you have to switch careers or retire early because you were unable to continue in the position you held before the accident?
We Accept Many Types of Personal Injury Cases in Brownsville, TX
Our practice areas include:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles can all pose hazards if drivers aren’t careful. Reckless behavior like the following could be grounds for a personal injury claim:
- Drunk driving: Per the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 25 percent of all traffic fatalities in 2020 involved alcohol.
- Distracted driving: The same report reveals that distracted driving (e.g., looking at your cell phone or away from the road) caused 368 deaths in 2020.
- Speeding: When motorists speed, they give themselves less time to respond to hazards while on the road.
We depend on the products we buy to function properly. When they don’t and cause grievous harm, you can hold the product’s manufacturer accountable. Per USA.gov, examples of commonly recalled products include:
- Children’s car seats
- Motor vehicles
- Medical devices, such as transvaginal mesh
To have a valid product liability case, the product itself doesn’t need to be recalled. If you suffered harm from a defective product, you have legal options.
Property owners have a responsibility to keep their properties safe for lawful guests. This involves:
- Promptly addressing spills
- Putting up warning signs around certain hazards
- Keeping dangerous dogs away from guests
- Hiring adequate security personnel in high-risk areas
One or more parties in your case could bear liability for your losses.
We Manage Wrongful Death Cases for Grieving Families
We’re terribly sorry if you lost a loved one. We understand financial recovery can’t bring the same joy your loved one brought you. However, it could make laying them to rest and paying their medical bills easier.
The two-year statute of limitations applies to wrongful death lawsuits, just like with personal injury lawsuits. Your filing period begins from the date of your loved one’s passing.
Suffered a Personal Injury? Call Today
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped personal injury victims just like you in Brownsville and other Texas communities. Let a lawyer from our office manage your legal matters. You deserve the chance to recuperate in peace. We offer free case evaluations to all callers.