An American is accidentally injured every second, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). Every three minutes, a person loses his or her life from accidental injuries. Tragically, most of these injuries are preventable.
If you or a family member were injured (or passed away) because of someone’s reckless act, you could be entitled to seek financial recovery from the at-fault party. You should know that Texas has a statute of limitations of just two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Please do not bypass the opportunity to pursue justice against the at-fault party in your accident. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation today at (713) 850-8600.
Benefits of Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
When you are faced with hospital bills, lost wages, and other damages caused by someone else’s negligence, you may feel overwhelmed. Few average citizens have an in-depth knowledge of liability and negligence laws and some insurance companies make their claims process extraordinarily difficult with this in mind.
A personal injury lawyer serving Dallas can help you navigate the complex process of seeking financial recovery from the other party with legal services that include:
- Protecting your legal rights
- Communicating with your healthcare provider to assess your injuries
- Investigating the facts of the accident to determine liability
- Establishing a value for your damages
- Negotiating with the insurance adjuster on your behalf
- Representing you in court if the other side will not negotiate in good faith
Miller & Associates, PLLC offers free case evaluations and our lawyers work on a contingency basis. Hiring a personal injury lawyer also helps you to get the rest you need to recover from your injuries. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Accept Many Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Miller & Associates, PLLC is dedicated to the highest standards of professional and legal integrity. Since 2002, our firm has helped countless clients recover damages that were caused by someone’s reckless or negligent actions.
While we cannot guarantee the outcome of future cases, you have our commitment that we will do all we can to help you and your loved ones secure fair compensation.
Our practice areas include:
- Car accidents
- Truck, 18-wheeler, and semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Left-turn accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Defective medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- Sexual assault, abuse, and violence
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Drownings and swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one has suffered because of another person’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer in Dallas from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you recover damages.
Our Process for Helping You Recover Damages
Texas liability laws require that certain conditions are met to pursue recovery:
- The at-fault party has a duty of care to take reasonable action to avoid harming you.
- The at-fault party did not uphold this duty.
- This breach of duty caused you harm.
- You suffered due to your injury.
If D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can show that the other party was negligent and caused your injuries, we can pursue recovery on your behalf.
Many Personal Injury Cases Are Settled Out of Court
A personal injury lawyer will seek financial recovery first from the other party’s insurance coverage. This might be property insurance, medical malpractice insurance, or auto insurance, depending on the type of injury. If it is necessary for us to take your case to court, your lawyer will explain the process and possible outcomes so that you may make an informed decision.
There are benefits available to you if a lawyer can help you reach an acceptable insurance settlement. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will make sure that you understand your rights in an insurance settlement or trial. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
What You Might Recover in a Personal Injury Case
There are two main types of compensatory damages that you may be entitled to recover: special and general. You may also think of these in terms of economic loss, like medical bills, and noneconomic loss, such as pain and suffering.
A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will assess your injuries and losses to seek recovery for damages that may include:
- Emergency room care and ambulance
- Medical treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability due to injury
- Damaged property
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you lost a family member in a personal injury, you may be entitled to damages related to a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
What We Suggest After a Personal Injury
Our lawyers want to help you and your family in the aftermath of a personal injury or accident. Here are suggestions that may make your recovery easier:
- Get medical attention at once, and then follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene.
- Wait to speak to the insurance adjuster until you have consulted a personal injury lawyer.
- Keep all medical records.
- Avoid posting photos or comments on social media.
- Discuss your case only with your lawyer.
Reach out to us today if you have any questions about how to proceed after an accident or injury.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Dallas for a Free Case Evaluation
You may feel helpless after an accident caused by another’s negligent action or inaction, but you can choose how you want to respond. It is your right to talk to a lawyer about your rights and potential financial recovery.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Should I Ask for in a Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?