Are you facing medical bills you cannot pay? Or suffering from injuries caused by somebody else?
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we believe that you should not be responsible for someone else’s negligence. Since 2002, we have helped thousands of clients in with personal injury cases. We are here to listen and advocate on your behalf if you have been injured in Edinburg, TX.
Each situation is different, and an Edinburg, TX, personal injury lawyer can help you. We can negotiate for a recovery and hopefully not go to court. We cannot take away from being hurt, but we can seek a recovery.
For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
We Handle Many Kinds of Personal Injury Cases
Not all law firms handle personal injury cases. We are a plaintiff’s firm, we represent clients who have been physically, mentally, or financially damaged by actions of someone else.
Here are some of the types of cases we take:
- Car accidents
- 18-wheeler, semi-truck, and bus accidents
- Motorcycle, moped, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective medical devices and prescription drugs
- Defective automobile parts
- Spinal cord, neck, and brain injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)
- Distracted driving accidents
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
Please contact us about your situation. You will not be charged unless we successfully recover damages for you. Please call for a free, confidential consultation at 713-850-8600.
How We Work to Recover Compensation
Our approach begins with listening to you. We want to know the details of your accident including how it has hurt you physically, mentally, or financially. Once we understand your case, our team will work to make you better. If you are hurt, see a doctor, we will arrange for a medical examination. A healthcare expert will give you understanding of current or potential medical issues.
We Make a Careful Review of Your Situation
Please keep in mind that Texas has. It takes time to prove a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A personal injury lawyer will take care of the details for you. This allows you to focus on your recovery. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will keep you informed every step of the way. We return calls promptly, and even communicate on several platforms to communicate with our clients.
During our case review we will:
- Gather police reports, witness statements, and accident scene photographs to evaluate the scene of the injury.
- Gather medical bills including ambulance, doctor visits, and hospital stays.
- Collect your pay stubs or other proof of lost wages.
- Review the person or party at-fault for relevant background history and prior incidents, if any.
We will do our best to recover your damages. This includes:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing healthcare costs such as physical therapy
- Lost wages due to the injury or missed work from recovering in the hospital or at home
- Diminished quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning ability
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Funeral and burial costs (for wrongful death situations)
You May Recover Damages Even if You Are Partly At-Fault
Texas has a comparative negligence law, which recognizes that each person had some part in an accident or injury. If you are less than 51 percent at-fault, you may file a claim with the insurance company. Should your claim be denied, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will take your case to court.
You should not rush into making any statements to the insurance company. Their goal is to pay as little in damages as possible. D. Miller and Associates, PLLC has your best interests at heart. We understand that this is a stressful time for you and it is our priority to make you whole. For a free case evaluation, please call our firm at 713-850-8600.
Proving that a defendant is at-fault, or liable, depends on several conditions:
- Duty of care refers to the expected or legal responsibilities to avoid harming another.
- Breach of duty means that the defendant was negligent in performing his or her duty of care.
- Causation is determining if the defendant intentionally or indirectly caused harm.
- Damages are the result of the injury and can be physical, mental, or financial.
If the other party is 51 percent or more at-fault based on these conditions, you could recover compensation for expenses and losses. Therefore, you should consult a personal injury lawyer before talking to an insurance claims adjuster.
Personal Injury Cases May Involve More than One Defendant
Sometimes a personal injury case has more than one defendant. In complex situations, there could be two more parties or people at-fault. The law recognizes the difference in liability as:
- Direct Liability means one person or entity handles your injury whether it was intentional or accidental.
- Vicarious Liability refers to the responsibilities of relevant parties.
- Respondeat Superior is a type of vicarious liability where an employer is accountable for an employee’s actions.
As soon as you call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we will be ready to go to work. We welcome the chance to fight for you. You do not pay us anything unless we recover damages. Please call 713-850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case review.