If someone else’s negligence caused your injuries in Texas, contact the personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, today. This is true no matter how minor you believe your injuries to be. Often, personal injury victims do not realize how much their case is worth until they discuss it with a lawyer. If someone else was at fault for your accident, any injuries are serious enough to contact a lawyer.
We offer free case reviews, so you have nothing to lose by contacting us. To set up your free case evaluation, call us at 713-850-8600 today.
Do I Need to Contact a Lawyer to Recover Damages After a Serious Injury?
You might be able to settle a liability claim after a minor accident on your own, especially if there is no significant damage or other major losses. However, if there is any dispute about fault, or the facts of the case are complex, you might need the assistance of a lawyer. Discussing your case with an attorney cannot hurt your chances of winning a payout, even if you decide to handle your claim on your own.
Cases involving severe injuries or permanent injuries, such as a traumatic brain injury, are often difficult for victims to navigate, especially while they are recovering. If you or a seriously injured family member are seeking compensation, call us as soon as possible.
What Compensation Could I Recover for My Injuries?
When people think of the damages recoverable after a personal injury incident, they often think only of the medical bills and treatment-related expenses. However, you may have many other expenses and losses related to the accident and your injuries.
The damages recoverable in a successful personal injury claim or lawsuit include:
- Medical treatment costs;
- Lost wages and reduced earning capacity if you can no longer work;
- The expense of replacing broken or damaged personal property;
- The repair or replacement of your car, if applicable;
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to your accident and injuries;
- Wrongful death compensation, if your loved one died from their injuries; and
- Pain and suffering damages.
Even Minor Injuries Could Qualify for Significant Compensation
It is possible that you suffered significant damages in your accident, even if the incident only caused minor injuries. We will fully investigate your accident.
For example, imagine you broke your arm in a car accident. The cost of a taking an ambulance to the hospital, getting x-rays, and receiving a cast are relatively low as far as injuries could go. But consider:
- You missed six weeks of work because you cannot lift heavy boxes while your arm heals;
- Your iPhone broke in the crash, and you need to replace it;
- Your vehicle requires significant repairs; and
- You need a rental car while yours is in the shop.
All of your accident-related expenses and losses can add up to much more than you may realize. While a serious injury accident claim will likely include more medical costs and pain and suffering damages, you might still be able to recover a significant payout, even if you only suffered minor injuries.
How Will a Lawyer Help My Case?
No matter how serious your injuries are, we encourage you to talk to a Texas personal injury lawyer about your case. If you choose to reach out to our team, we can help you in a number of ways. We can:
- Help identify any and all liable parties;
- Explain your legal options to try to collect compensation;
- Answer your questions or concerns about your case;
- Investigate your accident and injuries;
- Determine a fair settlement value for your case;
- Help you build a strong case to show negligence;
- Ensure you are within the statute of limitations for your case;
- File an insurance claim on your behalf;
- Attempt to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company; and
- File a personal injury lawsuit and represent you in court, if necessary.
Our team is here to help you build your case to fight for compensation. We can not only help you understand if you have a potentially viable case and what you need to do to file your claim, but we can walk you through the process and fight alongside you for the compensation you need.
How Can I Discuss My Injuries With a Lawyer Today?
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our personal injury lawyers offer free case reviews and consultations for accident victims. We can help you understand your options after a car accident, slip and fall injury, or another personal injury accident in Texas.
If we decide to work together on filing your insurance claim or personal injury civil suit, we will handle your case on a contingency basis. This means you do not have to pay us any attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you.
Call us today at 713-850-8600 to schedule your complimentary case evaluation with a member of our Texas personal injury team.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- What If a Family Member Is Too Seriously Injured to Contact a Lawyer?
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
- What’s the Average Wrongful Death Settlement in Texas?
- What Should You Do If You’re Involved in A Motorcycle Accident in Texas?